Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The mods here really need to consider banning you like the mods did on Surly Horns when you starting posting there. They saw through your act really quick. You didn't even last one day on that site before they banned you. The same thing needs to happen here. 

@TFloss32

They didn't ban him after he stated something very classless about Ewers and death so I doubt they will. That and his endless obsession with Card is why I just blocked him.

I must admit I don't come here as much as I used to since he seems to want to dominate every thread with his love for Card. It's a shame, this used to be a good site.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tejasrulz said:

They didn't ban him after he stated something very classless about Ewers and death so I doubt they will. That and his endless obsession with Card is why I just blocked him.

I must admit I don't come here as much as I used to since he seems to want to dominate every thread with his love for Card. It's a shame, this used to be a good site.

 

That's where I'm at with @Johnny Depp. If you want to discuss something on this board, do it rationally and without trying to dominate every thread. Say what you have to say and move on. 

And this may get me in trouble, but starting a thread that is just about one poster on here is one of the stupidest things I've seen happen on this board. Made no sense whatsoever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Billybass said:

JD knows Ewers has elite capability. It’s easy to see. He doesn’t want Ewers or Sark to succeed, no matter what he says.

He has never denied that he is an aggie troll.

 

He's not an aggie troll. He's obviously a friend of Card's that thinks Card needs a defender on the board... saying things he thinks Card would say if he could. He argues like most that age, full of piss and vinegar, thinking the only way to build up Card is to tear down Ewers and Sark. Obviously carrying a chip on his shoulder thinking he's been slighted by the team and not judged fairly by the fans. 

One day maybe he'll replace the piss and vinegar with a bit of honey. He may one day realize the negative feelings he's actually created for Card with some on this board (and maybe others) with his act and the divisive effect that it's had. Had he taken another path, then in a game like last week he may have found most folks agreeing with him that Card needed to come in at some point. Instead it was just another game of his act saying Ewers and Sark are both the worst. As a result... nobody was listening. 

If Card does end up transferring to another school, most here will wish him success like we did for Thompson or Rising or Buechele or Gilbert. College football is a tough, competitive atmosphere. If Card gets to live out his dream of being a Texas QB, and then getting a place to start in an offense that's tailored to his skills, then that's a pretty lucky man... more than any of us could have dreamed of.

If that happens of course JD will transfer as well. I will note that none of this I have any actual knowledge, but piecing together from his history here and things he's said along the way. If this is wrong, maybe if he were to come out and admit his angle (and change his approach) then some would give him a second chance. Most will forgive a friend taking up for his bro, but no one has time for someone just being a troll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
17 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I see now that when I reply to @Johnny Depp in another thread, it gets moved here. Interesting. 

Absolutely, since you two have clogged the Longhorns thread all week while I'm attempting to post updates for everyone.

You're upset with this thread and think it's stupid, but keep engaging with him over and over.

What's more stupid than that?

I encourage you to send a message to @Aaron Carraraif you want him banned and/or are unwilling to put him on ignore.

I don't have authority or capability to do that, hence the creation of this thread since my limitations are redirecting traffic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Absolutely, since you two have clogged the Longhorns thread all week while I'm attempting to post updates for everyone.

You're upset with this thread and think it's stupid, but keep engaging with him over and over.

What's more stupid than that?

I encourage you to send a message to @Aaron Carraraif you want him banned and/or are unwilling to put him in ignore.

I don't have authority or capability to do that.

I engage him in other threads but I refuse to engage him in this thread because it is stupid. 

I have never put anyone on ignore on any board I have ever been on and don't plan on starting now. But I will no longer engage him in any thread on here. 

But yea, @Aaron Carrara can ban him for all I care. It should you tell all you know that someone got banned on Surly Horns, i.e. the wild, wild, west of discussion boards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I engage him in other threads but I refuse to engage him in this thread because it is stupid. 

I have never put anyone on ignore on any board I have ever been on and don't plan on starting now. But I will no longer engage him in any thread on here. 

But yea, @Aaron Carrara can ban him for all I care. It should you tell all you know that someone got banned on Surly Horns, i.e. the wild, wild, west of discussion boards. 

Are you missing the point of this thread? It was made so that the other threads wouldn't get bogged down with JD nonsense.

Reply only here and all those who have him blocked don't have to see it. If you don't want to see any of the JD nonsense, just don't open this thread. In my opinion it is a pretty good solution to the JD problem without banning a poster who while inflammatory at times hasn't really done anything egregious to warrant being banned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I engage him in other threads but I refuse to engage him in this thread because it is stupid. 

I have never put anyone on ignore on any board I have ever been on and don't plan on starting now. But I will no longer engage him in any thread on here. 

But yea, @Aaron Carrara can ban him for all I care. It should you tell all you know that someone got banned on Surly Horns, i.e. the wild, wild, west of discussion boards. 

It doesn't make any sense that you'd rather make things worse for everyone and yourself by arguing in an updates thread instead of this one made specifically for that.

It's no different than the idea of the Corral on OrangeBloods.

If you have a viable solution other than an outright ban and what I have attempted to do here, I'm all ears and you can message me.

Otherwise, I appreciate your willingness to stop.

What I mentioned weeks ago still applies; if anyone engages in nonsensical derailing or trolling, it's coming to this black hole of a thread so everyone else can have a good experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

It doesn't make any sense that you'd rather make things worse for everyone and yourself by arguing in an updates thread instead of this one made specifically for that.

It's no different than the idea of the Corral on OrangeBloods.

If you have a viable solution other than an outright ban and what I have attempted to do here, I'm all ears and you can message me.

Otherwise, I appreciate your willingness to stop.

What I mentioned weeks ago still applies; if anyone engages in nonsensical derailing or trolling, it's coming to this black hole of a thread so everyone else can have a good experience.

I've had my say.

I will now move on and, like I said, will no longer engage J Depp in any thread on this board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TFloss32 changed the title to Johnny Depp vs. NTG Thread
1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

In my opinion it is a pretty good solution to the JD problem without banning a poster who while inflammatory at times hasn't really done anything egregious to warrant being banned.

What is your definition of "egregious?" Intentionally saying things that are not true, for the sake of – not exchanging ideas or sharing an opinion – but to help create perception – would certainly qualify as egregious to me.

This is evidenced by doing one thing, then saying he's doing something different and more innocent despite it being so obvious it should be stapled to his forehead.

The fact that we're STILL talking about this months later should tell you anything you need to know about how this has affected the board. You've heard some posters say they come here less often because of this nonsense.

So, no, I don't agree with your thought there at all. You are posting in a thread where his crap is redirected to – yet you don't think we have a problem.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
53 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Not exactly a classy move there TFloss, but I will admit that it made me laugh 😉

I think it's important to take a step back sometimes and remind ourselves this isn't serious.

I always have y'all's best interest in mind even if you think I'm an idiot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Captain Hookem said:

He's not an aggie troll. He's obviously a friend of Card's that thinks Card needs a defender on the board... saying things he thinks Card would say if he could. He argues like most that age, full of piss and vinegar, thinking the only way to build up Card is to tear down Ewers and Sark. Obviously carrying a chip on his shoulder thinking he's been slighted by the team and not judged fairly by the fans. 

One day maybe he'll replace the piss and vinegar with a bit of honey. He may one day realize the negative feelings he's actually created for Card with some on this board (and maybe others) with his act and the divisive effect that it's had. Had he taken another path, then in a game like last week he may have found most folks agreeing with him that Card needed to come in at some point. Instead it was just another game of his act saying Ewers and Sark are both the worst. As a result... nobody was listening. 

If Card does end up transferring to another school, most here will wish him success like we did for Thompson or Rising or Buechele or Gilbert. College football is a tough, competitive atmosphere. If Card gets to live out his dream of being a Texas QB, and then getting a place to start in an offense that's tailored to his skills, then that's a pretty lucky man... more than any of us could have dreamed of.

If that happens of course JD will transfer as well. I will note that none of this I have any actual knowledge, but piecing together from his history here and things he's said along the way. If this is wrong, maybe if he were to come out and admit his angle (and change his approach) then some would give him a second chance. Most will forgive a friend taking up for his bro, but no one has time for someone just being a troll.

 Well, go to the mall for a haircut and massage and it's been busy here. Vince, Quinn, Bijan, Xavier, Jalen and Bo Jackson will all be at the Barton Creek mall doing autographs tomorrow and Sunday.

 1st and foremost, I am a Texas Longhorn fan (a very frustrated one) who doesn't owe anyone a resume to qualify, anymore than you owe me yours. It should be obvious by now that I have a tiny bit of insight which I choose not to reveal who or how. I'll be a Longhorn fan for life, and continue my penchant for following former UT QB's (not Buchelle) wherever they go such as Vince, Colt and Sam. Some of you have seen my Mack Brown ball addressed to me. I got that because my wife handled the Longhorn charters at the Austin airport during the Mack era and became friends much more than me. I have retired in recent years (it turns out much too young) and admittedly need to get back to my other hobby, dirt bikes, now that the weather is improved (droughts and dust suck). Too much idle time on my hands. 4 weeks and a bowl game hopefully to go and I don't hang around here much in the off season. 

 My angle is for Texas to return to National Championships and prominence in football. I am over having tolerance and patience for those that stand in the way, and make it my personal mission to make life hard for them. I'd like to see another Natty years or 3-4-5 on the inside of the stadium in my lifetime. If you think what we think doesn't matter, ask yourself what happened to the Rocat? Turning up the heat on failures should and does lead to changes. I'm not saying coaches or players read any specific board or social sites, but it's pretty obvious to anyone reading the game thread here that the tide turned during the halftime last week of fan sentiment and patience. It's a free country with a 1st amendment that patriots and forefathers gave their lives for the right for those like me to speak (admittedly on private platforms such as this) even if they disagree with everything I say. It's also like catching a fart in a bag trying to stop people from entering forums (and I am on Surly). Podcasts are the new radio show, with comments to speak with the presenters and share data with them (many such as Anwar and Bobby are on Unfiltered). I am not hiding behind some big curtain if anyone cared to look a bit. 

 That's enough about me, I enjoy this site for the forum format (bad eyes and prefer to use a laptop) and it has the same forum engine as one of my other favorite Moto sites (As you might imagine Johnny Depp is well known there) and spend more time on Moto sites than I do here. I have been a flagger at the Supercross at Reliant Stadium and MotoGP at Cota. (Cota is getting a big 1st time dirt Moto event this time next year, shhh)

jd.thumb.jpg.06c679f33aabfc541d8a7c01aa3b3539.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I think it's important to take a step back sometimes and remind ourselves this isn't serious.

I always have y'all's best interest in mind even if you think I'm an idiot.

What are you saying? Texas football isn't serious? 😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

Occasionally, but he is mostly argumentative. Do you really want this board to become less because of one person?

No it's a great board. As my post said read his post or skip them.

Argumentative replys makes more than one person hurting board. Then I am guilty of this at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Well, go to the mall for a haircut and massage and it's been busy here. Vince, Quinn, Bijan, Xavier, Jalen and Bo Jackson will all be at the Barton Creek mall doing autographs tomorrow and Sunday.

 1st and foremost, I am a Texas Longhorn fan (a very frustrated one) who doesn't owe anyone a resume to qualify, anymore than you owe me yours. It should be obvious by now that I have a tiny bit of insight which I choose not to reveal who or how. I'll be a Longhorn fan for life, and continue my penchant for following former UT QB's (not Buchelle) wherever they go such as Vince, Colt and Sam. Some of you have seen my Mack Brown ball addressed to me. I got that because my wife handled the Longhorn charters at the Austin airport during the Mack era and became friends much more than me. I have retired in recent years (it turns out much too young) and admittedly need to get back to my other hobby, dirt bikes, now that the weather is improved (droughts and dust suck). Too much idle time on my hands. 4 weeks and a bowl game hopefully to go and I don't hang around here much in the off season. 

 My angle is for Texas to return to National Championships and prominence in football. I am over having tolerance and patience for those that stand in the way, and make it my personal mission to make life hard for them. I'd like to see another Natty years or 3-4-5 on the inside of the stadium in my lifetime. If you think what we think doesn't matter, ask yourself what happened to the Rocat? Turning up the heat on failures should and does lead to changes. I'm not saying coaches or players read any specific board or social sites, but it's pretty obvious to anyone reading the game thread here that the tide turned during the halftime last week of fan sentiment and patience. It's a free country with a 1st amendment that patriots and forefathers gave their lives for the right for those like me to speak (admittedly on private platforms such as this) even if they disagree with everything I say. It's also like catching a fart in a bag trying to stop people from entering forums (and I am on Surly). Podcasts are the new radio show, with comments to speak with the presenters and share data with them (many such as Anwar and Bobby are on Unfiltered). I am not hiding behind some big curtain if anyone cared to look a bit. 

 That's enough about me, I enjoy this site for the forum format (bad eyes and prefer to use a laptop) and it has the same forum engine as one of my other favorite Moto sites (As you might imagine Johnny Depp is well known there) and spend more time on Moto sites than I do here. I have been a flagger at the Supercross at Reliant Stadium and MotoGP at Cota. (Cota is getting a big 1st time dirt Moto event this time next year, shhh)

jd.thumb.jpg.06c679f33aabfc541d8a7c01aa3b3539.jpg

 

If you want to see a Natty run, you should 100% know we need to play Ewers and not card.  This year was never a natty year but next year with Ewers could be.   But of course, you don’t see that. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TFloss32 changed the title to Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...