Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread

Just now, texbound said:

Despite Sark's mantra, pump the breaks here.  Texas is exactly what their record says they are.  A good team that can play with anyone, but can improve in multiple areas.  

I'm excited, but a long way to go.

Exactly, if your aunt had nuts...

7 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I hope I never reach a point where I take what some anonymous person says on a discussion board so seriously that I choose to put them on ignore. 

Or even take myself that seriously. 

It’s not that I take him seriously, I just choose not to read ignorant drivel from a one-trick pony. 

Babers and Burton going overboard on QE. Best in College football besides Stroud and Young. Best since Colt etc. 

Almost the same numbers we've seen the last 2 weeks for a QB but it's suddenly world class. People pick apart Card for missed passes, and give QE a pass since he's young (so is Card). So far no real blitz threat to judge by. 

Weak competition last week and this week and next week. Great start for a freshman without question. Show me more.

49 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If you think there is a controversy, you are the only one, lol. 

Always have been the only one. Just because there is no controversy doesn't mean QE shouldn't be held to the same standard that HC has been. Plenty of good and plenty of bad today.

Historic win, and QE was MVP as most QB's usually are. Still plenty of room for growth. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Always have been the only one. Just because there is no controversy doesn't mean QE shouldn't be held to the same standard that HC has been. Plenty of good and plenty of bad today.

Historic win, and QE was MVP as most QB's usually are. Still plenty of room for growth. 

You're talking to someone who gave Card his just due for his play as the backup QB. And who gives Ewers his just due as the starting QB and obvious better QB of the two.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

His bad today - forced a throw on 3rd down on first possession, almost INT. Missed the open J whitt down the field, and then had the int where the throw away pass sailed on him the very next play. 

Other than that, it was all pretty dang good. 

You keep referencing stats and trying to twist things to fit your narrative. Example, no 300 yard game? Yes, just 297 in 3 quarters! Evaluating these two QBs isn't all about stats, it's about watching how they make decisions and throws. Ewers made a handful of throws today that few in the league can make - and definitely throws Card can not make. That's the difference.

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

You're talking to someone who gave Card his just due for his play as the backup QB. And who gives Ewers his just due as the starting QB and obvious better QB of the two.

I know you have a more open mind than most. 

I'm just saying, go pull stats and it doesn't say the same thing people "see". 

13 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Just because there is no controversy doesn't mean QE shouldn't be held to the same standard that HC has been. Plenty of good and plenty of bad today.

Its always a little amusing when you make statements affirming things that do not exist or that no body else on the planet is saying. 

Nearly everyone on this board had lauded Card for all he has done while openly discussing his limitations. At the same time, nearly everyone in the game thread was open about the positives and negatives of Ewers play.

The simply reality is that Quinn is a better QB. More skilled in many important areas. Raises his teammates to a higher level than Card, and has a higher upside. Doesn't matter what stats you throw out or how hard you lobby otherwise.

14 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

His bad today - forced a throw on 3rd down on first possession, almost INT. Missed the open J whitt down the field, and then had the int where the throw away pass sailed on him the very next play. 

Other than that, it was all pretty dang good. 

You keep referencing stats and trying to twist things to fit your narrative. Example, no 300 yard game? Yes, just 297 in 3 quarters! Evaluating these two QBs isn't all about stats, it's about watching how they make decisions and throws. Ewers made a handful of throws today that few in the league can make - and definitely throws Card can not make. That's the difference.

It's only Saturday night. Plenty of analysis over this cake walk to come. 

Right now TCU's Max Duggan is the only QBR over 200, and neither of our guys are top 20. Little fish in a big pond.

2 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Please tell me oh wise 605 how to be better at sarcasm like you. Either I've lost my skill or my sarcasm is too deep for JD to get. Teach me oh great one.😉

Sorry, what kind of emoji would you like on what post? Everybody deserves one.

• TFloss32 changed the title to Johnny Depp vs. Everyone Thread