Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Mountain Aggy

Sirhornsalot

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I hate to say it, but they'll probably sit Ewers and play Card just to ensure Ewers is ready for OU.

IMO, two ways of looking at that. Yes, he will walk into the stadium a healthy player with great certainty. But will he be as sharp? Will there be rust?

As far as X goes, TFB said today X has been tearing it up at practice and appears to be fully healthy.

Hasn't QE been practicing?  Shouldn't be a lot of rust. 

Now, as for a score:

We are home and whether it's Card or Ewers think we win a close game either way who is starting or playing at the qb position.

Texas: 38

WV:   35

35 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Kinda feels like a must win. If we lose we're staring 2-4 in the face and the Sark era will be on life support and commits will be jumping ship. But hey we lost to Bama by a point. 

For some reason that I do not know, I beliveBama did not bring their A game on offense.

7 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I do not belive one game will prove much. Did Bama?

When they run the states of Okla. and Kansas they will prove something.

I think that the Bama game showed that this team had some pride and that Sark and his staff prepared well since last spring for what they might face, I think Bama was a bit overrated except for their QB, he is the real deal, there was an obvious letdown for UTSA but the Tech game still makes you scratch your head and say WTH is going on here

3 hours ago, Hiwood said:

I think we find out this weekend if Texas is STILL the underachieving program it has been for the last 12 years or if they are ready to climb the road out of mediocrity, and quit with the woulda shoulda coulda

Like I've said a few times here. At some point, our guys have to want to win more than the guy standing across the field from them. Hasn't been the case for a long time, with exceptions of some bigger games (ou, UGA, Bama).

23 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Texas should never run the wildcat again unless they intend to do something with it besides running Roschon up the middle. Everybody and their dog knows what we're about to do when we line up in that formation.

Sad thing is, Sark doubled down on the wildcat. That was kinda Hermanesque.

22 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I hate to say it, but they'll probably sit Ewers and play Card just to ensure Ewers is ready for OU.

IMO, two ways of looking at that. Yes, he will walk into the stadium a healthy player with great certainty. But will he be as sharp? Will there be rust?

As far as X goes, TFB said today X has been tearing it up at practice and appears to be fully healthy.

Why would you possibly sacrifice a game (0-2 going into the RRR) when Ewers is 90% or more, and why would you take practice reps away from Card this week if Card is the choice? Just saying.

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

Why would you possibly sacrifice a game (0-2 going into the RRR) when Ewers is 90% or more, and why would you take practice reps away from Card this week if Card is the choice? Just saying.

Of course you have Ewers on stand by. If the game becomes too close for comfort, you put him in. But I'd really hate to re-injure or aggravate the injury heading into the RRR.

I think Sark is trying to keep both guys sharp.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

I do not belive one game will prove much. Did Bama?

When they run the states of Okla. and Kansas they will prove something.

I hope your right. The thing is it's four games now and the defense does not look good in the last two games.

9 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Of course you have Ewers on stand by. If the game becomes too close for comfort, you put him in. But I'd really hate to re-injure or aggravate the injury heading into the RRR.

Did you see Drew Brees' tweet? He basically said, if I remember correctly, If your throwing accurately, inject it and get after it.

25 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Respectfully disagree...the only way QE sees the field is either Card gets knocked out by injury or the Horns fall behind in the first half by double digits and Card is crapping in his pants...seeing QE sit out two full games tells me the injury is potentially vulnerable to be a season ender with another big hit or hard tackle on the turf...and if by some chance if either of those scenarios come to fruition and we see Wright, then that would confirm that the shoulder injury is still very tender...I also have this funny feeling in my gut that says Sark is afraid to make the switch back at QB because Card is playing well enough to warrant not getting pulled. I think Sark learned from last year's injury to CT...

If QE starts on Sat then he is well enough to take the hit, you and I both know he would like to get QE some reps in real live action before the RRS, it also wouldn't surprise me to see QE play a half and HC play a half

Sark is well aware of the criticism and will respond by opening the playbook both halves and putting up 51 with a defensive score. Cain blossoms deep and running back room is the leading receiver.

The D makes adjustments and gets sacks by blitzing from everywhere. The D and the crowd hold WV down to 30, not 20 since there is so much tape on us.