Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Mountain Aggy


Sirhornsalot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Picking the good guys against my better judgment since the blown double-digit leads and uninspiring road performances are a very concerning trend. 

Hopefully Ewers starts and it's a confidence boost for everyone, but Sark has to be more aggressive and the pass defense has to get on the same page.

Otherwise, we've seen this movie before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
11 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

 He'll go down as the worst conference record coach in UT history when we finally do. Cut your losses.

The only way Sark's demise is expedited imo is if he loses Manning, and then Year 3 is do-or-die.

I do think defensive changes, maybe several, will happen in the offseason based on what I've watched to this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The only way Sark's demise is expedited imo is if he loses Manning, and then Year 3 is do-or-die.

I do think defensive changes, maybe several, will happen in the offseason based on what I've watched to this point.

 I agree, not this year. If year 2 goes like last year, year 3 he will be in the ejection seat. If the defense pulls another TT this week, PK will be the 1st to go. Sark could save the D if he learned to put up 50.

 The thing with the recruits, it's a whole new ballgame. Only 2 of our great class from Sark's 1st year are even seeing playing time. Everyone else that's new is portal. Recruits bailing on commitments daily, and even when they show up the impact is minimal. If they see the coach is treading water and bobbing, they aren't coming anyway. 

 You don't build a new house on a cracked foundation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

The only way Sark's demise is expedited imo is if he loses Manning, and then Year 3 is do-or-die.

I do think defensive changes, maybe several, will happen in the offseason based on what I've watched to this point.

Agree that defensive changes are needed.

To be successful, Sark needs an offensive coordinator to call plays, at least in the fourth quarter. Maybe let Brennan Marion call plays this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, General Hooker said:

Agree that defensive changes are needed.

To be successful, Sark needs an offensive coordinator to call plays, at least in the fourth quarter. Maybe let Brennan Marion call plays this week.

I love the concept, bring on the WildCard. No way Sark turns over the keys without CDC making him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, General Hooker said:

Agree that defensive changes are needed.

To be successful, Sark needs an offensive coordinator to call plays, at least in the fourth quarter. Maybe let Brennan Marion call plays this week.

do you really think Sark is going to let another coach call the offensive plays. Gonna bet that was discussed before CDC hired him and they asked him if he was going to bring in an OC or not..Good , bad or indifferent, Sark has in his mind which way he wants UT to roll...If anything I would see him making Patterson an asst HC to where all he has to worry about is calling plays...UT's fortunes are with Sark's ability to re create the type of offense and personnel he was credited for at Tuscaloosa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Austin Horn said:

It will be a nail biter because I can’t trust this defense. Texas can’t rely too much on the wildcat against WV. 

Texas should never run the wildcat again unless they intend to do something with it besides running Roschon up the middle. Everybody and their dog knows what we're about to do when we line up in that formation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Picking the good guys against my better judgment since the blown double-digit leads and uninspiring road performances are a very concerning trend. 

Hopefully Ewers starts and it's a confidence boost for everyone, but Sark has to be more aggressive and the pass defense has to get on the same page.

Otherwise, we've seen this movie before.

Isn't this game in Austin?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

two things I wonder about going into the game

1. are we going to hold our collective breath every time Ewers goes down, I know I did with Card

2. How is the team looking at the QB situation, they have had Ten quarters with HC at QB, I know QE hasn't shown us a full sampling of his work but IMO HC has his favorite targets and QE has his preferred targets, and with XW dinged up that takes away the speed threat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

two things I wonder about going into the game

1. are we going to hold our collective breath every time Ewers goes down, I know I did with Card

2. How is the team looking at the QB situation, they have had Ten quarters with HC at QB, I know QE hasn't shown us a full sampling of his work but IMO HC has his favorite targets and QE has his preferred targets, and with XW dinged up that takes away the speed threat

I hate to say it, but they'll probably sit Ewers and play Card just to ensure Ewers is ready for OU.

IMO, two ways of looking at that. Yes, he will walk into the stadium a healthy player with great certainty. But will he be as sharp? Will there be rust?

As far as X goes, TFB said today X has been tearing it up at practice and appears to be fully healthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

 He'll go down as the worst conference record coach in UT history when we finally do. Cut your losses.

Here are some not so notable conference records over the years at UT.

1898 D. F. Edwards  0-1 Only coached 1 year and tried to change the school colors from orange and white to orange and maroon.

1934-36 Jack Chevigny 6-11-1 Went 1-5 in both 35 and 36. 

1937-38  Dana X. Bible  2-10 Went 1-5 in both his first 2 years at Texas. Did coach 8 more years at Texas with 3 years with 1 loss overall and 3 other years with 2 losses overall with 3 conference titles. 

1956 Ed Price  0-6 In his 6th and final season at Texas he went 1-9 overall and was replaced the next year by somebody named Darrell K. Royal who had compiled an amazing record of 17-13 as a head coach so far. 

2010-11 Mack Brown  6-11 His only 2 seasons with a losing record in conference play in back-to-back years. 

2014-16 Charlie Strong 12-15  Went 7-11 his final 2 seasons. 

2021-22 Steve Sarkisian 3-7 Still 8 games to go in his 2nd year. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...