Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UT Football Sense of Entitlement

Dillohorn1

32 minutes ago, HornsUpAllDay said:

You could go player by player but you much prefer to attack Card.

No, I don't prefer that. If you'd like to know, just ask. But don't try to speak for me.

Card is the name that keeps getting brought up. I thought he had a decent game.

But Tech's defense isn't some monstrous evil that we can't get by. In fact, Tech usually fakes their defense in order to get the ball back faster. Why did Card have such a hard time against them? That will be one of the easiest defenses he'll see all season.

If you'd like to stop talking about Card, stop talking about Card.

We may have seen the last of Card. His last possession in regular time was as clutch as it gets. We are 2 plays away from being 4-0. A missed tackle vs. Bama and a fumble vs. TT. Close but no cigar. We never got to see the WildCard package so who knows? 

The TD throw to Worthy traveled about 55 yds. in the air, off balance. He's probably good for 65, and had the strongest arm is some QB camps. That's good enough in any league.  

He's started 4 games for a crappy team that went 5-7 (4-6 without him). He's still young. He got pulled after 1 loss and in 2 years is the only QB to beat (2) ranked teams. 

He's shown improvement each game. 

Thanks for reading as we close the book on the Card era for now.

7 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

We both know that a QB can outplay the other QB and his team lose the game. Just as a QB can be outplayed by the other QB and his team win the game. 

Happens frequently. 

In those cases, there is something to show for it. Such as scoring a TD, or not turning the ball over to the other team.

But thats not what happened here. Their second best was better than our second best in that game.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In those cases, there is something to show for it. Such as scoring a TD, or not turning the ball over to the other team.

But thats not what happened here. Their second best was better than our second best in that game.

No, their second best was not better than our second best.

Using your criteria, their second best tied our second best in regulation. And made zero contribution to his team winning in OT.

14 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

not turning the ball over to the other team.

About that int., our WR Cain made no play on the ball, which was on target. He let the Safety pick it without lifting an arm. 

Contrast that with the same field position throw in Q3 where UT has 2 on 1 and their guy pulls it down. Just sayin..

2 almost identical throws and coverages with 2 different outcomes.

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

No, their second best was not better than our second best.

Using your criteria, their second best tied our second best in regulation. And made zero contribution to his team winning in OT.

lol, are you talking about Card? Because I don't remember his contribution in overtime. You actually lose in this argument, too. 

Smith had one carry for 1 yard at the goal line in OT. Thats a contribution.

Card did not have a carry nor did he have a pass. He did nothing in OT. That is zero contribution.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

lol, are you talking about Card? Because I don't remember his contribution in overtime. You actually lose in this argument, too. 

Card did not have a carry nor did he have a pass. He did nothing in OT. That is zero contribution.

Not really certain why you are having this discussion on which QB was better. IMO, neither had a game to talk about, but at the end of the day 1 won and 1 lost. The only numbers that matter is who won and who lost.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Smith had a 1 yard run in OT that contributed absolutely nothing toward the win for Tech. They were going to win at that point with or without his 1 yard run. 

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

Not really certain why you are having this discussion on which QB was better. IMO, neither had a game to talk about, but at the end of the day 1 won and 1 lost. The only numbers that matter is who won and who lost.

We're having this discussion for the same reason that any discussion is had on this board. We're Texas fans who are interested in talking about things involving our Horns. 

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Smith had a 1 yard run in OT that contributed absolutely nothing toward the win for Tech. They were going to win at that point with or without his 1 yard run. 

Isn't that one yard more than Card had in OT? lol

I must say I'm highly surprised you took the position you did. There was no winning there but you went with it anyway. A tip of the hat to you.

I don't want to argue with you anymore NTG. I happen to like you and enjoy your posts. Let's move on.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Isn't that one yard more than Card had in OT? lol

I must say I'm highly surprised you took the position you did. There was no winning there but you went with it anyway. A tip of the hat to you.

I don't want to argue with you anymore NTG. I happen to like you and enjoy your posts. Let's move on.

The feeling is mutual. We're good. No matter what we say in these threads. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:32 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Didn't  realize you were having a discussion with the grandpa of Amber/Johnny. Put both of them on ignore. Like I said though 1 QB won and 1 QB lost that is the only stat that 99% of us go by.

17 hours ago, Dillohorn1 said:

Low effort translate to entitlement.

I agree that UTSA and Tech played with more enthusiasm than Texas and this is a problem.  But allow me to throw this question out there…. The team we ran out in Lubbock:

Minus #1 QB / hobbled #2 QB / minus Overshown first half / minus Worthy second half and all the other season ending injuries and suspensions….

Is this clearly a better football team than Texas Tech?

Right now, are we a better football team than say… Baylor, Okie Light, Iowa St….

I’m not talking recruiting rankings or future prospects…. simply the team we are running out.  I’m questioning my burnt Orange goggles for the first time since 1977 when I went to my first Texas game.