Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UT Football Sense of Entitlement

Dillohorn1

On 9/25/2022 at 5:10 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I think you're putting way too much thought into this. It leads to a destination that appeals to you.

McGuire won at home, in OT, by 3 against an offense with a poor second team QB. Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better.

Wow Card bashing is your full time job bro. Check out the qb stats, practically dead even. Card can only only run what are overrated play caller calls. Can our receivers ever make a play? What’s your excuse gonna be if Ewers doesn’t live up to your expectations?

On 9/25/2022 at 2:48 PM, Dillohorn1 said:

I didn't say the team folded. I said they got off to their usual slow start that came back to bite them. This has become a habit with them because they think since they are "Texas" ,they will win. If you think that they didn't sleep walk again yesterday, well then I don't know what to say. 

Not a slow start.  The offense ran 3 plays (diamond formation with three best backs I might add) and scored to make it 7-0 within 1:30.  

12 hours ago, HornsUpAllDay said:

Wow Card bashing is your full time job bro. Check out the qb stats, practically dead even. Card can only only run what are overrated play caller calls. Can our receivers ever make a play? What’s your excuse gonna be if Ewers doesn’t live up to your expectations?

"Practically dead even" lol

Except for the rushing yards and passing yards and Card's INT, lol, sure they were dead even outside of that.

And then you blame Sark and then the WRs for Card's performance, despite just claiming he was as good as the other guy.

Which is it going to be?

Don't worry about me, you're so upset about Card you can't complete a coherent post on it lol.

This is the second time you've come to me with something absolutely stupid. Lets let this be your last time.

12 hours ago, HornsUpAllDay said:

If anything, Card's stats were a little better than Smith's. 

And that's not an opinion. It is factual as I have already shown in this thread. 

7 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If anything, Card's stats were a little better than Smith's. 

And that's not an opinion. It is factual as I have already shown in this thread. 

No, NTG, you didn't show it in this thread because you would have been embarrassed to do it and contend Card had the better day. But I will post it because you're incorrect. Remember, I provided you with a link to the ESPN stats for the game, so there's no excuse for your error here.

Passing

Card – Passed for 277 yds. 2 TDs/1 INT

Smith – Passed for 331 yds. 2 TDs/0 INT

Card had a turnover, Smith did not.

Rushing

Smith – 42 yards rushing, 1 TD

Card – 24 yards rushing, 0 TD

Smith had a rushing TD, Card did not.

We did not lose this game because of Hudson Card.  He was by no means stellar but he played well enough to allow us to win.  

If we prevent an 80% success rate of 4th down we likely win.  Yes Sark called some bad plays but we scored enough points to win.  We did not prevent points from being scored against us which is on defense.  Just like last year we folded and allowed an inferior team to drive up and down the field and score.  We played prevent defense and prevented nothing.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, NTG, you didn't show it in this thread because you would have been embarrassed to do it and contend Card had the better day. But I will post it because you're incorrect. Remember, I provided you with a link to the ESPN stats for the game, so there's no excuse for your error here.

Passing

Card – Passed for 277 yds. 2 TDs/1 INT

Smith – Passed for 331 yds. 2 TDs/0 INT

Card had a turnover, Smith did not.

Rushing

Smith – 42 yards rushing, 1 TD

Card – 24 yards rushing, 0 TD

Smith had a rushing TD, Card did not.

Okay, throwing out a lot of QB related stats for the Tech game and obviously I have not cherry-picked any stats that favor my viewpoint. And, btw, I don't need your link to ESPN as I get all of this off the Texas Football website. 

To make it easy, I bolded the name of the player that "won" each stat category. 

1. Passing Yards - Card 277 Smith 331 (Note that Smith threw for 54 more yards on 26 more attempts)

2. Completion Percentage - Card 67.7% Smith 67.9% (For all intents and purposes, this is a tie)

3. Passing Yards per Comp - Card 13.85 Smith 8.71

4. Passing Yards per Attempt - Card 9.23 Smith 5.91

5. Touchdown Passes - Card 2 Smith 2

6. Interceptions - Card 1 Smith 0

7. Rushing Yards - Card 24 Smith 42 (Note that Smith rushed for 18 more yards on 12 more attempts)

8. Rushing Yards Per Attempt - Card 8.0 Smith 2.8

9. Touchdowns Scored - Card 0 Smith 1

10. Times Sacked - Card 1 Smith 2

11. Scoring Drives by Offense i- Card 6 Smith 6

12. Scoring Drive Percentage - 54.5%% Smith 60.0%

13. Passing Efficiency Rating - Card 159.6 Smith 129.3

14. Total Quarterback Rating - Card 86.8 Smith 75.5 (Just to review, this is a metric that takes into account all of a quarterback's contribution to a game, including passing, rushing, sacks, penalties, touchdown, and turnovers.  Moreover, each play is weighted based on its "difficulty", the context of the game, and the strength of the opposing defense.)

Final Tally

Card 6, Smith 6, Draw 2 

But like I said, one of Smith's "wins" (completion percentage) was basically a draw. 

And obviously #14, Total Quarter Rating, tells you which quarterback made the greater contribution for his team in the game. 

38 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Okay, throwing out a lot of QB related stats for the Tech game and obviously I have not cherry-picked any stats that favor my viewpoint. And, btw, I don't need your link to ESPN as I get all of this off the Texas Football website. 

1. Passing Yards - Card 277 Smith 331 (Note that Smith threw for 54 more yards on 26 more attempts)

2. Completion Percentage - Card 67.7% Smith 67.9% (For all intents and purposes, this is a tie)

7. Rushing Yards - Card 24 Smith 42 (Note that Smith rushed for 18 more yards on 12 more attempts)

14. Total Quarterback Rating - Card 86.8 Smith 75.5 (Just to review, this is a metric that takes into account all of a quarterback's contribution to a game, including passing, rushing, sacks, penalties, touchdown, and turnovers.  Moreover, each play is weighted based on its "difficulty", the context of the game, and the strength of the opposing defense.)

Final Tally

Card 6, Smith 6, Draw 2 

But like I said, one of Smith's "wins" (completion percentage) was basically a draw. 

And obviously #14, Total Quarter Rating, tells you which quarterback made the greater contribution for his team in the game. 

NTG, you're playing with fool's gold and you know it.

For example, Card rushed what? Four times? He had one gain of 22 yards so his stat line looks impressive (24 yards rushing). The reality was that no one respected his ability to run. 

So based on one single play, you have a stat you like.

Fools gold.

Card made the greater contribution? He didn't even score. In fact, he threw an INT. Smith scored. He did not have a turnover.

What exactly was Card's contribution that would exceed scoring? Or would make up for his turnover?

1 hour ago, zion3d said:

We did not lose this game because of Hudson Card.  He was by no means stellar but he played well enough to allow us to win.  

If we prevent an 80% success rate of 4th down we likely win.  Yes Sark called some bad plays but we scored enough points to win.  We did not prevent points from being scored against us which is on defense.  Just like last year we folded and allowed an inferior team to drive up and down the field and score.  We played prevent defense and prevented nothing.

I don't think you can say that no more than I think Eastexhorn can blame it all on Bijan Robinson.

Card's limitation meant Sark had to reduce the playbook. Before Card even stepped on the field he had hurt us.

I agree totally that the defense has a great deal of responsibility for this loss. I think it was a team loss. I could go player by player and point out the "ifs and buts" but it is a collective effort and it is a collective failure. Everybody had a hand in the loss.

5 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

For example, Card rushed what? Four times? He had one gain of 22 yards so his stat line looks impressive (24 yards rushing). The reality was that no one respected his ability to run. 

Fools gold.

Card made the greater contribution? He didn't even score. In fact, he threw an INT. Smith scored. He did not have a turnover.

What exactly was Card's contribution that would exceed scoring? Or would make up for his turnover?

I just presented the facts. My work is done here. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Fools gold.

Regarding your question asking what exactly was Card's contribution, the answer comes from the Total Quarterback Rating or QBR. 

It seems to me the biggest culprit in all of this is Kwiatkowski. The defense under his direction allowed 291 yds from scrimmage in the second half (Texas only had 147). The defense also allowed 5 drives of double digit plays. 18 and 13 in the first half and 15, 10 & 11 in the second half. My opinion PK needs to be cut loose and CDC needs to tell Sark to stop saying All gas no brakes bullshit if he's going to turtle up in the second half.

The Ro-cat needs to go away. Two yards and a cloud of dust isn't getting it done. Everyone and their brother, plus the village idiot knows what's coming from that formation.

And for the handful of you guys that have a boner for Card, y'all need to take a step back and look at how different the offense looks after QE got hurt. Ewers threw for 134 yds in less than a quarter against Bama.

Edit - One other thing, Texas ate the rat poison. Not the poison left behind from the Bama accolades, but the poison from the UTSA game when they avoided the trap and everyone patted them on the back.

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Final Tally

Card 6, Smith 6, Draw 2 

Cha ching! QB rating is pretty much the standard. Let’s see what the Card hater has for this. Btw, he’s never wrong…ever.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think you can say that no more than I think Eastexhorn can blame it all on Bijan Robinson.

Card's limitation meant Sark had to reduce the playbook. Before Card even stepped on the field he had hurt us.

I agree totally that the defense has a great deal of responsibility for this loss. I think it was a team loss. I could go player by player and point out the "ifs and buts" but it is a collective effort and it is a collective failure. Everybody had a hand in the loss.

You could go player by player but you much prefer to attack Card.

25 minutes ago, Baron said:

It seems to me the biggest culprit in all of this is Kwiatkowski. The defense under his direction allowed 291 yds from scrimmage in the second half (Texas only had 147). The defense also allowed 5 drives of double digit plays. 18 and 13 in the first half and 15, 10 & 11 in the second half. My opinion PK needs to be cut loose and CDC needs to tell Sark to stop saying All gas no brakes bullshit if he's going to turtle up in the second half.

The Ro-cat needs to go away. Two yards and a cloud of dust isn't getting it done. Everyone and their brother, plus the village idiot knows what's coming from that formation.

And for the handful of you guys that have a boner for Card, y'all need to take a step back and look at how different the offense looks after QE got hurt. Ewers threw for 134 yds in less than a quarter against Bama.

Edit - One other thing, Texas ate the rat poison. Not the poison left behind from the Bama accolades, but the poison from the UTSA game when they avoided the trap and everyone patted them on the back.

26 minutes ago, Baron said:

Agree PK is terrible. Concerned that fans think the one scripted quarter Ewers played will be extrapolated across the season. He certainly looks like a star but he’s been built up beyond belief.

A word about entitlement.

Mack let his players loose in the airport terminals for food, autographs, photos and generally feeling like stars. 

Both Charlie and Tom bussed their players straight to the plane, no fanfare, balloons or accolades. 

A sense of entitlement proved to be a very good thing in that case.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"Practically dead even" lol

Except for the rushing yards and passing yards and Card's INT, lol, sure they were dead even outside of that.

And then you blame Sark and then the WRs for Card's performance, despite just claiming he was as good as the other guy.

Which is it going to be?

Don't worry about me, you're so upset about Card you can't complete a coherent post on it lol.

This is the second time you've come to me with something absolutely stupid. Lets let this be your last time.

QBR… Card 86, Smith 75 you lose again.