Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UT Football Sense of Entitlement

Dillohorn1

1 hour ago, Captain Hookem said:

And we can’t run the ball at will with time consuming drives at the end of the game. Until our oline starts to get some push, and we can run the ball up the middle, no lead will be safe.

Tech stacked the box and dared Card to beat them deep. He couldn't. So our run game wasn't what it normally would be had we featured a legit deep ball game.

57 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

How did winning agameget in conversation? Joey M. in his first year with playerswho at least, 21 could play for Texas. Beat Sark in his second year with 50% + his players

Joey just took what he had and coached to be better. What most HS coaches have to do.

And if Horns do not find the Bama game defense there will be a lot more threads about losing.

PS My wife says I stay confused?

PS my wife says I stay con

I think you're putting way too much thought into this. It leads to a destination that appeals to you.

McGuire won at home, in OT, by 3 against an offense with a poor second team QB. Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I think you're putting way too much thought into this. It leads to a destination that appeals to you.

McGuire won at home, in OT, by 3 against an offense with a poor second team QB. Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better.

And thier coaching was a lot better than ours. So for we fired a coach for one worse record.. No way to spln that.

And losing does not appeal to me.

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

And thier coachinthan ours a lot better.So for we fired a coach for one worse record.. No way to spln that.

"And their (spelled right) coachinthan ours a lot better."

You really can't spin something that makes no sense. I think you're safe there. lol

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

"Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better."

Not. Even. Close. To. Being. Right.

45 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

"Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better."

Not. Even. Close. To. Being. Right.

Tech's QB had 60 more yards passing and 2 TD passes and no INTs (while Card had one INT). He also had 42 yards rushing with 1 TD. Card had one long rush (22 yds) which made up most of his 24 yards rushing.

Smith was agile and moved well in the pocket, was a threat to run obviously. He also had the ability to throw the long ball.

Card isn't very agile, doesn't move well and had a nice run because the space was there (tech didn't respect his running ability). He was also limping in the 2nd half.

I rest my case.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401404082

6 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Saw Card as off. player of gamein several places. With internet one never knowsThink one was IT. If not him proably wild cat formation.

I'd give it to Bijan, despite having only 16 carries he had over 100 yds rushing and two touchdowns. He also had another 22 yards receiving.

We can stop calling it the Wild Cat since we only run one play out of it. Everyone knows what is about to happen when Roschon lines up at QB. So please, no.

55 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

If Card was so bad how did he become off. player f the game? Rest must have been terrible.

It's not a binary argument... either "All bad, arghh" or "Super awesome, yayyy".

Card had a decent game. The problem is how much of the offense Sark has to remove when Card is in the game versus Ewers. And when that happens, the opposing defenses eventually adjust and get to a point where they can just shut it down. That's evidenced by going 3 and out on three successive drives in the late 3rd and 4th quarters when Texas was trying to hold a lead.

When Card is in the game defenses only have to defend 10-15 yards, which severely limits the run game. If not for heroic running efforts by Bijan and Roschon we'd be looking at worse offensive numbers. They've been able to get yards on busted plays and x-box type moves to keep the offense moving. Yes, Card had some good plays as well, but plays like a guy still learning the system.  He's still not processing information fast enough, which results in slow reads and late passes. 

The whole team is generally improving, which includes Card who is getting better every week. But when discussing a game where we lost in overtime and a dozen plays could have won the game... it's not a stretch to look at the offensive struggles as a pretty big factor in not putting away Tech when we had the chance.  

Do nor what Sark callso can not say difference in callsfor both QBS.

Do belive Sark wants a pocketpasser like Ewers. Card to me is better rolling out with options to run.

However Card is hurt sohas to figure into Sarksthinking. With Ewers out espically.

41 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

We are saving varables of wild cat till after OU game.

I could not give aOTG to a player who fumbled

Play lost thegame. Then gams was lost before then.

But you can give one to a player who threw an INT? lol 

No one play lost the game. You should know better. What if Card doesn't launch an INT? Maybe things are different?

Entitlement?  This loss is on Sark.  Granted players didn't make plays when it mattered.  But, you're up 31-17 in the third and then you sputtered.  This game is not an outlier.  It appears Sark's MO is to fold up like a cheap lawn chair. 

Texas is 7-9 under Sark, they held a halftime lead in 5 of those 9 losses, a 4th quarter lead in 5 of those 9 losses, and held a double digit lead in 4 of those 9.

Oh, and Tech definitely wanted it more...

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Tech's QB had 60 more yards passing and 2 TD passes and no INTs (while Card had one INT). He also had 42 yards rushing with 1 TD. Card had one long rush (22 yds) which made up most of his 24 yards rushing.

Smith was agile and moved well in the pocket, was a threat to run obviously. He also had the ability to throw the long ball.

Card isn't very agile, doesn't move well and had a nice run because the space was there (tech didn't respect his running ability). He was also limping in the 2nd half.

I rest my case.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401404082

My take on this centers around your statement that"Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better."

It is my opinion that the case for their second team QB was better than ours is weak at best. And that there is pretty much no case at all that he was a lot better. Now let's dive into why I think that. 

Yes, Tech's QB had 54 more yards passing than Card, 331 to 277. But to do that, he had to throw the ball 26 more times which netted him only 54 more yards. To give that a little more perspective, Card average 13.85 yards per completion while Smith averaged only 8.75 yards per completion. Card also averaged 8.71 yards per attempt while Smith averaged 5.91 yards per attempt. Advantage Card. 

Now let's look at the 2 widely used ratings for quarterbacks for the game on Saturday. 

Card's Passing Efficiency Rating was 159.6 and Smith's was 129.3. For little perspective on that, in 2021 if you had finished with a 159.6 rating for the year, you would been ranked 12th in this rating. If you have finished with a 129.3 rating, you would have been ranked 96th. Advantage Card. 

There is also the QBR or Total Quarterback Rating. This is a metric that takes into account all of a quarterback's contribution to a game, including passing, rushing, sacks, penalties, touchdown, and turnoves.  Moreover, each play is weighted based on its "difficulty", the context of the game, and the strength of the opposing defense. Card's QBR rating for the Tech game was 86.8 and Smith's was 75.5. Advantage Card.

We can have our opinions all day long but the facts will generally speak for themselves. 

5 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

My take on this centers around your statement that"Their second team QB was better than ours. A lot better."

It is my opinion that the case for their second team QB was better than ours is weak at best. And that there is pretty much no case at all that he was a lot better. Now let's dive into why I think that. 

Yes, Tech's QB had 54 more yards passing than Card, 331 to 277. But to do that, he had to throw the ball 26 more times which netted him only 54 more yards. To give that a little more perspective, Card average 13.85 yards per completion while Smith averaged only 8.75 yards per completion. Card also averaged 8.71 yards per attempt while Smith averaged 5.91 yards per attempt. Advantage Card. 

Now let's look at the 2 widely used ratings for quarterbacks for the game on Saturday. 

Card's Passing Efficiency Rating was 159.6 and Smith's was 129.3. For little perspective on that, in 2021 if you had finished with a 159.6 rating for the year, you would been ranked 12th in this rating. If you have finished with a 129.3 rating, you would have been ranked 96th. Advantage Card. 

There is also the QBR or Total Quarterback Rating. This is a metric that takes into account all of a quarterback's contribution to a game, including passing, rushing, sacks, penalties, touchdown, and turnoves.  Moreover, each play is weighted based on its "difficulty", the context of the game, and the strength of the opposing defense. Card's QBR rating for the Tech game was 86.8 and Smith's was 75.5. Advantage Card.

We can have our opinions all day long but the facts will generally speak for themselves. 

Nice post. However, you're smart enough to realize the most damning evidence that defeats your point is – who led their team to victory?

As for the criticism of the attempts, any coach will tell you that if it takes 72 passes to win a game, thats what you do. They had more snaps than we did mostly because we couldn't keep our offense on the field.

5 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I should know better than to reply. But if a kicker kicks a FG and game is over, then kicker won game.

Same if RB fumbles  and other team scores who accualy lost game.

Really was a team and coaching staff effort.

There's no reason on earth that you can't see things that way. Its a free country.

But you're in a quiet room there with that one.

There's not a coach on the planet who would agree with you.

51 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Nice post. However, you're smart enough to realize the most damning evidence that defeats your point is – who led their team to victory?

As for the criticism of the attempts, any coach will tell you that if it takes 72 passes to win a game, thats what you do. They had more snaps than we did mostly because we couldn't keep our offense on the field.

So Card was a mere one minute and 30 seconds away from being the better QB in the Bama game 😉

And in regulation time against Tech, neither QB was better than the other.

31 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

So Card was a mere one minute and 30 seconds away from being the better QB in the Bama game 😉

And in regulation time against Tech, neither QB was better than the other.

We count all the minutes the teams play. 

I don't think time is a consideration we're looking at here, or at least I'm not.

7 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I should know better than to reply. But if a kicker kicks a FG and game is over, then kicker won game.

Same if RB fumbles  and other team scores who accualy lost game.

Really was a team and coaching staff effort.

By your logic then, Worthy has lost two games for us. Move over Bijan, Worthy dropped a TD pass in that game. He also dropped one in the Bama game.

If Worthy makes that catch, Bijan isn't fumbling. And it wouldn't have mattered if he did, with the extra 7 points from Worthy.

"If Ifs and buts were cotton candy, at Christmas time we'd all be dandy"

Don Meredith