Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Game Thread: #22 Texas @ Texas Tech Red Raiders*****


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Pump the brakes here. It's a horrible loss, but it's only 1 loss. Let's see how they regroup. 

Respectfully disagree.  So far Sark has produced Charlie Strong-like W-L numbers and actually has regressed from his predecessor.

It’s time to show a little something on Saturdays, good night nurse!  We recruited well…. good portal pickups…. Who cares?  The product still stinks!

And I’m not in the mood for the old “long rebuild… program was a mess” narrative.  Kansas is 4-0.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, dallaslonghorn said:

This was exactly the same as last year. The defense can't stop a team with a decent offense, and our QB is extremely average. Card just isn't the guy, maybe with Ewers we would have won this game. However that doesn't excuse the same old crappy defensive effort

Here’s a random observation.  I’ve never seen a defense apply so much pressure… and actually have their hands on the QB, and not be able to make the tackle.  And several of these missed tackles are in critical circumstances.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tinman said:

Texas has become a run of the mill team that can score points but cant stop anybody! Big changes must happen on both sides of the ball.

We had a really good DC on campus when Sark arrived.

UTSA and Tech played with a lot more enthusiasm than Texas the past two weeks.  This is a problem IMHO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Here’s a random observation.  I’ve never seen a defense apply so much pressure… and actually have their hands on the QB, and not be able to make the tackle.  And several of these missed tackles are in critical circumstances.

 

I know a lot of people love Overshown but we do not have any real Dawgs on defense. Seems like a long time since we had guys on defense that teams had to account for every play. Maybe Poona would be the last who could take over a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Here’s a random observation.  I’ve never seen a defense apply so much pressure… and actually have their hands on the QB, and not be able to make the tackle.  And several of these missed tackles are in critical circumstances.

 

It’s happened every week. Can’t get the QB on the ground

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NEOkHorn said:

I know a lot of people love Overshown but we do not have any real Dawgs on defense. Seems like a long time since we had guys on defense that teams had to account for every play. Maybe Poona would be the last who could take over a game.

the most chilling statistic was during the Alabama game when they showed how many players the Tide has put in the NFL since the 2010 Title game vs how many UT has sent to the NFL....face it we are getting lots of 3 and 4 star players but the big boys have 5 star blue chippers on both sides of the ball....when was the last time UT had an All America DB....certainly none on this team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

the most chilling statistic was during the Alabama game when they showed how many players the Tide has put in the NFL since the 2010 Title game vs how many UT has sent to the NFL....face it we are getting lots of 3 and 4 star players but the big boys have 5 star blue chippers on both sides of the ball....when was the last time UT had an All America DB....certainly none on this team

Texas has just as good of DB haul the last 5 years then all the schools you speak of. The difference is the develop their recruits. No idea what Caden sterns or even Anthony cook etc would have been had they chose bama of Ohio st etc. Texas gets the players, can’t figure out what to do with em after that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

the most chilling statistic was during the Alabama game when they showed how many players the Tide has put in the NFL since the 2010 Title game vs how many UT has sent to the NFL....face it we are getting lots of 3 and 4 star players but the big boys have 5 star blue chippers on both sides of the ball....when was the last time UT had an All America DB....certainly none on this team

Agreed but we have also had some 4 and 5 stars that have been wasted. Same song different year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Guys, we're going to get everybody's best shot. Thats what happened today. And we didn't rise to the occasion. 

OU is currently getting Kansas St's best shot, behind at the half 24-17

 

We're 1-7 our last 8 games in the Big 12. Sark also only has 3 P5 wins so far. He is currently 1-6 on the road. We have become Kansas. 

 

We suck until we don't.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

 

We're 1-7 our last 8 games in the Big 12. Sark also only has 3 P5 wins so far. He is currently 1-6 on the road. We have become Kansas. 

 

We suck until we don't.  

 

 

Sad......but true!

Does this team go into a tail spin and not fight or does this team suck it up and rise above?  1st 1/3 of the season was a mixed bag of good and bad.  Can this young team learn and grow? We will find out in 7 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Respectfully disagree.  So far Sark has produced Charlie Strong-like W-L numbers and actually has regressed from his predecessor.

It’s time to show a little something on Saturdays, good night nurse!  We recruited well…. good portal pickups…. Who cares?  The product still stinks!

And I’m not in the mood for the old “long rebuild… program was a mess” narrative.  Kansas is 4-0.  

I don't disagree with anything you said. Here's my point. Going into this year most of us thought an 8-9 win season was possible and thought that would put us on track with where this team should be. This means that we expected 3-4 losses minimum. I expected them to lose 1 game that we should have won. I just didn't think it would be this one 

I'm still hopeful that they can get it together and still come up with 8 wins, ou looks beatable and we have shown how well we can play. Unfortunately we have also shown how bad we can be. 

If we're 4-4 in a few weeks then I will feel differently. I'm a glass full kinda guy, but I have my limits. We should have won this game, but we didn't. 

As many on here say, we suck until we don't. Here's hoping that don't suck very much longer... 🤘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...