Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs The Tortilla Terrorists

I’d love for QE to start, but that’s unlikely.  If he did, Texas walks away with this game.  

That being said, Card is one week healthier.  I think he’s also more comfortable in the offense and the game is slowing down for him.  I bet we see some QB draws this week as well as some true Zone Reads.  I also thinkTexas will control the tempo and game clock.  

Texas wins 42-27.  Defense tightens up again in the second half.  Bijan and RJ both have big games.  

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

I’d love for QE to start, but that’s unlikely.  If he did, Texas walks away with this game.  

That being said, Card is one week healthier.  I think he’s also more comfortable in the offense and the game is slowing down for him.  I bet we see some QB draws this week as well as some true Zone Reads.  I also thinkTexas will control the tempo and game clock.  

Texas wins 42-27.  Defense tightens up again in the second half.  Bijan and RJ both have big games.  

Agree with you on Card. He looks more comfortable with the offense now. As long as we can beat Tech and maybe West Virginia with him, I'm good. Card's start means we'll have to have our best effort on defense. Just can't put up as many points with Card.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree with you on Card. He looks more comfortable with the offense now. As long as we can beat Tech and maybe West Virginia with him, I'm good. Card's start means we'll have to have our best effort on defense. Just can't put up as many points with Card.

I think you can if the gameplan is tailored to his strengths.  His legs definitely need to be a part of that.  I’d like to see more of the diamond formation we saw the last few games. Having Bijan, RJ and Keilan on the field together with Card’s legs could cause lots of trouble.  It would force Tech to stack the box and get one on ones out wide.  Card is good throwing the deep curls.  That could be tough to defend.  I still take a few shots downfield too, they’re bound to hit before long

1 hour ago, Drb522 said:

I think you can if the gameplan is tailored to his strengths.  His legs definitely need to be a part of that.  I’d like to see more of the diamond formation we saw the last few games. Having Bijan, RJ and Keilan on the field together with Card’s legs could cause lots of trouble.  It would force Tech to stack the box and get one on ones out wide.  Card is good throwing the deep curls.  That could be tough to defend.  I still take a few shots downfield too, they’re bound to hit before long

If we convert some 3rd downs and finish in the red zone, and get WR production we blow up the scoreboard. 

No way TT offense is as good as the last 2 we saw. We should be practicing with ear plugs.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:35 AM, Johnny Depp said:

If we convert some 3rd downs and finish in the red zone, and get WR production we blow up the scoreboard. 

No way TT offense is as good as the last 2 we saw. We should be practicing with ear plugs.

1 day to go. So much talk about Ewers playing, not buying it, he couldn't even throw a week ago. 

We are due for a breakout, and I think this could be the game where it all comes together early and we steamroll the Desert Cowboys. Not buying the 5 point spread.

Horns 52  Raiders 14

We will see if this is truly a different Texas team with a tough and very hostile environment. Don't think Tech has the QB talent to do what UTSA did last week and I expect the K-Pat combo to be prepared. Texas starts better than last week and pulls away in the 2nd half to leave the techsters crying in their masks. 48-24 Horns.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:36 PM, Baron said:

Alabama punched Texas in the mouth and we responded, but that was at home. Texas will be punched in the mouth again, but in a hostile environment. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess. The last three or four games played in tortilla flats were one score games.

Texas 44

Tech 38

I'm glad it's a hostile environment in the afternoon and not at night. Strange things happen in Lubbock after dark.

I think Card can manage the game, but he has to hit on a couple of deep shots this week to get TT to back off the LOS.  Really need to get Worthy going, inject some A. Hall in the mix and of course work the middle with Whittington. Absolutely need to leverage the outside speed this week.  Then come back with some Sanders in the flat and screen game.  That should give Bijan and Rojo all they need to work.  Main thing for Card is to make a quick decision on his throws or tuck and run.  Can not hold on to the ball and get behind the chains.

Also, Sark doesn't need to get fancy with play calling.  Keep it simple and execute. As a coach I know you have grand plans and want to see something creative work, but simple is the key on the road. 

Defense needs to press the WRs and make things very tough for their QB as he is prone to INTs.  Don't let him get confidence with short throws.  Contain, contain, contain.  Make the QB feel as though he is in a phone booth.

I'm always nervous for road games so I will go:

Texas 1

TT 0

Nah, Texas 38

TT 17

40 minutes ago, texbound said:

Main thing for Card is to make a quick decision on his throws or tuck and run.  Can not hold on to the ball and get behind the chains.

THIS.

It's when Card sits back and gets the deer in the headlights look is when he gets in trouble.

1 hour ago, TexExSpur said:

IMHO, Ewers playing in this game would mean Card goes down.  They have to allow time for the AC joint to heal, even if it's less than a grade 1 separation.  One good hit and you risk significant damage.

It is not the AC joint. It is the sternoclavicular joint which is slightly left to the bottom of the throat.

Heals faster.

In both the SWC and the Big 12, Texas has always been "the game" for our opponents.  This year is special, however.  This "The game" will most likely be the last for them.  It's kinda sad, actually.

IMO, at least a couple of Big 12 teams will drop back into a level that I hate to see happen.  TCU, Tech, KU, Baylor and don't even mention the new Big 12 additions.

So, here we are with the final Techie game, and they will be busting a gut to beat us.

It won't happen -

Texas - 52

Tech 17

1 hour ago, Coot said:

Texas 38 - 24 Tech

I think Card will start and if he manages the game well, Texas should win. I think Tech will learn from UTSA and run those same quick game passes. Hopefully Texas defense learned something from that game as well.

A 1 point win is all we need. 😊

Interesting to see if the defense is focus is back. They seemed unfocused at times last week. If Watts plays better and Ovie stays at the edge while rushing the passer it could be a long day for the tech QB.  

Can the offense get back to week one with looking for the TE and the swing passes to the RBs to put pressure on the 2nd and 3rd string LBs that tech will have to use as they are down 2 LBs.  

Texas -- 42

tech--  20