Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs The Tortilla Terrorists

Texas travels for the first time this season, heading to a traditionally difficult place to play – Lubbock, Texas. Tech is a 4.5 underdog coming into this one, having dropped a game to NC State this past weekend.

But that was on the road and this is at their place, where they always play Texas like its a Super Bowl. Expect nothing less this time around.

So we have to get the fog out of our heads that showed up Saturday if we intend to win this one on the road. At least we get them with a 2:30 p.m. start (not at night).

I don't think we suffered any additional injuries from our game with UTSA. I think Card will be more agile this week than last, and he had one run where it didn't look like that ankle was hurt at all.

So unless we fall apart defensively, I expect us to pick up the win.

Texas 44

Tech 31

funky things happen in Lubbock, and we seem to keep getting crappy officiating, which may be the nature of CFB and the influence of sports betting..Texas is currently minus 5 and I think that number is scary and could very well be  in play. Taking this show on the road  will tell us lots about this team...any win in Lubbock is a good win...

UT wins it late by a touchdown and we slink out of town and dodge a bullet

15 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

funky things happen in Lubbock (AT NIGHT), and we seem to keep getting crappy officiating, which may be the nature of CFB and the influence of sports betting..Texas is currently minus 5 and I think that number is scary and could very well be  in play. Taking this show on the road  will tell us lots about this team...any win in Lubbock is a good win...

UT wins it late by a touchdown and we slink out of town and dodge a bullet

Fify, but Tech is always scrappy at home.  Texas simply needs to set the tone.  I'm not sold on Card, he's serviceable but ineffective throwing the deep ball. I'd feel better with Ewers at the helm.

Just win!  38-28 Texas Fight

29 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Lot of variables that will affectgame.  My main concern is willl Sark script the game for Card or just run his main offence.

Texas 28 TT 17.

The stats don't justify dumbing down the game for Card. Expecting the run game to come alive was risky this week. 

The receivers need to catch the ball and get open. Luckily the RB's are catching well.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Lot of variables that will affectgame.  My main concern is willl Sark script the game for Card or just run his main offence.

Texas 28 TT 17.

Sark called a great game vs UTSA...Card does not have the same skill set as Ewers so Sark called him plays that HE can execute, control the ball and pick his spots to throw but feed your 1-2 punch in the backfield...if Card has to throw more than 15 times , then we are playing from behind

2 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

Sark called a great game vs UTSA...Card does not have the same skill set as Ewers so Sark called him plays that HE can execute, control the ball and pick his spots to throw but feed your 1-2 punch in the backfield...if Card has to throw more than 15 times , then we are playing from behind

QE 69.4%- long 46- 1 int.

HC 66%- long 42 -zero turnovers

That's not opinion.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Ewers is a better passer no doubt.

No doubt that's what the majority think, although most of Quinn's stats were against a patsy, and Card's against #1.

Quinn has the quicker trigger without question, I'm afraid one day that will be his downfall. I'd still start him when healthy to see if he was a 1 quarter wonder, or if he can continue it without turnovers.

I think we win just as many with either one. As always, QB2 will be the most popular man on campus if we don't.

5 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

The stats don't justify dumbing down the game for Card. Expecting the run game to come alive was risky this week. 

The receivers need to catch the ball and get open. Luckily the RB's are catching well.

It’s not so much “dumbing down” the offense. You script to the things a player does well , as well as weaknesses in the defense. Card has a different skill set from Ewers. You’re going to script to the things each does well. 

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

QE 69.4%- long 46- 1 int.

HC 66%- long 42 -zero turnovers

That's not opinion.

QE 10 y/a QBR 166

HC 6.8 y/a QBR 130.2

Completing a higher percentage and averages 3.2 yards per pass more.

The consensus after the Bama game was if Ewers hadn’t got hurt Texas wins the game.
Another way to look at it would be Texas wins if Card doesn’t play. 

Card is a gutsy dude and a great guy but he is not near the QB Ewers is and that gap will only widen as time goes by. 

6 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

QE 10 y/a QBR 166

HC 6.8 y/a QBR 130.2

Completing a higher percentage and averages 3.2 yards per pass more.

The consensus after the Bama game was if Ewers hadn’t got hurt Texas wins the game.
Another way to look at it would be Texas wins if Card doesn’t play. 

Card is a gutsy dude and a great guy but he is not near the QB Ewers is and that gap will only widen as time goes by. 

I'm not big on QBR, everyone does them different. No doubt QE wins them all. 

I'm just saying, we have a really small sample size of QB1. Let's hope he keeps kicking ass when he goes back in.

27 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

Congratulations, you are the 57th member to say this. You have won a set of steak knives. lol

Not your fault. Some people have to have it spelled out slowly for them.

19 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

If this is indeed happening, maybe Sark doesn't think Card can either make the throws or make the reads. I'd need someone who really understood the offense to show the difference in play calling when Card is in the game.

What impressed me last week with Card was his speed, primarily straight-line speed once he took off on that run. I can see why that would be a weapon if used and why he's a dual threat QB. The problem is Herman used a running QB in his offense and Sark does not.