Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD - #21 TEXAS LONGHORNS vs. UTSA ROADRUNNERS*****

Ugly 1st half and could tell plan was win with the RB room, Texas line did just enough and RB made the right moves to find a whole. RB room is scary good. This was huge win to me simply because if this game was last year, coming out of half tiedTexas would have lost. They finished this year. Culture is changing in Austin.  

2 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Ugly 1st half and could tell plan was win with the RB room, Texas line did just enough and RB made the right moves to find a whole. RB room is scary good. This was huge win to me simply because if this game was last year, coming out of half tiedTexas would have lost. They finished this year. Culture is changing in Austin.  

I agree. Not there yet and it will take some more time. Gotta keep moving forward, one game at a time. 

5 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

You watch Bijan after the game and I believe he says something to every person on the field. Man he is a great representative of the university 

Really hard to pick a favorite between Bijan and Roschon. Great guys off the field, great on the field (though in a different way of course), tough guys who will do what the team needs. Really lucky to have those 2.

5 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

I agree. Not there yet and it will take some more time. Gotta keep moving forward, one game at a time. 

After their onside kick and trick play TD to go up 17-7, we outscored them 34-3. We started sloppy and got down, they pulled a fast one byt we then righted the ship and played good ball for 40 minutes.

24 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

I have done that before, then listen to Craig Way on the radio.  I should have done that tonight.

theSiriusXM broadcast is not a simulcast its almost a full minute behind...I see someone posted the pick six at least a minute before I heard the call...but Im on the west coast so I have no other choice

My thoughts on the game – 

– I like that we stuck with the run, even when it wasn't working. Just keep feeding Bijan and Roschon baby. It will eventually break loose. And it did.

– We're going to be scary good when Ewers returns. The long pass was literally not in this game plan. And UTSA game planned it daring us to throw long. So they flooded the zone and stopped the run for a while.

– Whittington was very useful tonight, coming through when he was needed.

– Bijan. Dayum, what do you even say? I don't know final stats but he was up over 150 yards last I looked.

– OL had a rough start but finished strong. Must have been a Bama hangover.

– Watts did not have that good of a game.

– Coburn was a man child out there, stuffing several runs. Sorrell had a couple of plays but went awol at times.

– The improvement of our depth by Sark and staff has become evident in the last two games. We don't suffer quality too much when the second guy is in there. 

– The difference in this game this year and this game last year – we finished.

– Sark had a good game plan and stuck to it, didn't get rattled when things didn't go our way. It paid off.

– Overshown is a real weapon in crucial situations. He just seems to rise to the occasion. Give him a game ball. He and Jahdae Barron get my defensive game balls.

– Offensively, game balls to Bijan, Roschon and Whit.

– The call on Overshown for targeting was BS.

10 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

theSiriusXM broadcast is not a simulcast its almost a full minute behind...I see someone posted the pick six at least a minute before I heard the call...but Im on the west coast so I have no other choice

I streamed the game through Sportsurge since I cut cable and don't get LHN. It lags behind pretty bad sometimes and jumps around but its the best I can do. Listened to the Radio broadcast which was usually ahead of the stream feed. 

1 minute ago, NEOkHorn said:

I streamed the game through Sportsurge since I cut cable and don't get LHN. It lags behind pretty bad sometimes and jumps around but its the best I can do. Listened to the Radio broadcast which was usually ahead of the stream feed. 

Next time you all should try the Dofusports app, used it last 2 LHN games. Free and worked well. Sometimes they swap channels on ya so it freezes but you just reload the app and new channel is there

11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

In the presser, Sark said QB was deemed to be a defenseless player which makes the bar for targeting much lower. Perhaps because of this new interpretation of defenseless?

I hate the call because there was literally nothing else for DO to do. He kept his head up and it is pretty obvious he had no intent.

7 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

In the presser, Sark said QB was deemed to be a defenseless player which makes the bar for targeting much lower. Perhaps because of this new interpretation of defenseless?

I hate the call because there was literally nothing else for DO to do. He kept his head up and it is pretty obvious he had no intent.

But he had the football. Is it two hand touch?  He didn’t lead with the crown, didn’t drive him into the ground, and didn’t use excessive force. 

34 minutes ago, Wayne said:

But he had the football. Is it two hand touch?  He didn’t lead with the crown, didn’t drive him into the ground, and didn’t use excessive force. 

I agree. I am hopeful it'll get overturned on appeal but we shall see. 

B-  We'll take the W. Being down 17-7 is not going to work in the Big 12. 2nd half adjustments were long overdue.

A  300 yards rushing changes everything, it took a long time to come around, but hard to lose doing that. Bijan the MVP and put the team on his shoulders even if he was late in getting around to it. That was the game plan and Roshon was big especially early. Card's run was a big spark when the game wasn't sealed yet. 

B-  The passing game was just enough to try to keep UTSA honest and was never going to be the primary game plan no matter who played QB today. Took very few long shots, had 2 missed TD's with receivers with both hands on the ball not pull them in, that's the way the ball bounces. No turnovers again.

B- The D showed up late, but when they did they shut it down, grabbed a pik 6 and had UTSA hanging their heads in Q4. The O'Show was awesome and him getting kicked out cheapens the game of college football. We sure got pushed around early by a rag tag O line. The UTSA QB Harris is special, elite speed and awareness. No sacks until QB2 was in the game.

C+ The kicking team punting and FG's were solid except for 1 kicked out of bounds, the Kickoff return team layed an egg.

edit: OOPs my pick was 42-17. Winner.

The Big 12 is scary looking with WV, Iowa State and Kansas making waves. The real battle starts next week, and QE should start if he's healthy. 

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My thoughts on the game – 

– I like that we stuck with the run, even when it wasn't working. Just keep feeding Bijan and Roschon baby. It will eventually break loose. And it did.

– We're going to be scary good when Ewers returns. The long pass was literally not in this game plan. And UTSA game planned it daring us to throw long. So they flooded the zone and stopped the run for a while.

– Whittington was very useful tonight, coming through when he was needed.

– Bijan. Dayum, what do you even say? I don't know final stats but he was up over 150 yards last I looked.

– OL had a rough start but finished strong. Must have been a Bama hangover.

– Watts did not have that good of a game.

– Coburn was a man child out there, stuffing several runs. Sorrell had a couple of plays but went awol at times.

– The improvement of our depth by Sark and staff has become evident in the last two games. We don't suffer quality too much when the second guy is in there. 

– The difference in this game this year and this game last year – we finished.

– Sark had a good game plan and stuck to it, didn't get rattled when things didn't go our way. It paid off.

– Overshown is a real weapon in crucial situations. He just seems to rise to the occasion. Give him a game ball. He and Jahdae Barron get my defensive game balls.

– Offensively, game balls to Bijan, Roschon and Whit.

That ref had same mindset  that tried to call targeting in endzone against Bama

8 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

It seems you could call the QB a defenseless player for most of any play except the first 5 seconds when they snap the ball.

Hope the kinks are worked out before Dallas. We want yals best. We played a good game against Nebraska. Given Nebraskas current situation, we were expecting a closer game with all the pre game and early emotion in the stadium. It was rocking but after a couple quick scores, the crowd was never really a factor. Our defense is bought in and looks scary good. Hope Ewers is back in time. 

8 minutes ago, UTfish said:

The worst thing is that O will miss the first half of next week's game unless the call is reversed on review. That won't happen. 🤬

Agreed!! I'd give it a 0% chance the league officials will overturn a call that might benefit Texas no matter how bad it was.😡