Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

random thoughts of the Bama game

oldhorn2

9 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

But, but, but. If the tackle is made, we probably win, instead he whiffed.

In a game like that, any 1 play could have changed the outcome, his was just the last, and in our control. Holding happens.

Win that game, and we are in the Natty conversation, destiny in our own hands. It will unfortunately go down in history, like the dropped int. by Gideon.

And if the refs didn’t miss seven calls we would have won as well. It’s not all on Ryan Watts. That’s just you wanting to blame somebody. Only player that gets a pass with you is Hudson. Every player played their hearts out; Card included.  They left it all on the field. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne said:

And if the refs didn’t miss seven calls we would have won as well. It’s not all on Ryan Watts. That’s just you wanting to blame somebody. Only player that gets a pass with you is Hudson. Every player played their hearts out; Card included.  They left it all on the field. 

The last guy to make a mistake is always the scapegoat. 

I'm not OK with playing close. That game was winnable. I won't be happy til we start winning these games, and national championships. It's where we belong. Yes I'm still pissed.

43 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Win that game, and we are in the Natty conversation, destiny in our own hands. It will unfortunately go down in history, like the dropped int. by Gideon.

I am a long time Lurker, had to respond to this quote. I think Destiny is still in Longhorn's hands. No way a one point loss to Alabama cost us a chance at any Natty Conversations. If Texas can maintain this level of intensity, and play that kind of defense big things could happen. In fact playing Bama that tough is getting Texas a lot of National Praise. Now they just have to figure out how to win that kind of game.

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

The last guy to make a mistake is always the scapegoat. 

I'm not OK with playing close. That game was winnable. I won't be happy til we start winning these games, and national championships. It's where we belong. Yes I'm still pissed.

Scapegoats are for weak minds.  They’re like ESPN hot takes, which are usually made by empty suits who make a living talking who don’t know the game.  We don’t need a scapegoat.

The coaching staff has a lot to work with this week to get us better. I believe for the first time in a long time that they will. 

I’m ordering me some Burnt Orange Koolaid because I tend to see my glass as half full and then I add a little to it. 

47 minutes ago, 82Horn said:

I am a long time Lurker, had to respond to this quote. I think Destiny is still in Longhorn's hands. No way a one point loss to Alabama cost us a chance at any Natty Conversations. If Texas can maintain this level of intensity, and play that kind of defense big things could happen. In fact playing Bama that tough is getting Texas a lot of National Praise. Now they just have to figure out how to win that kind of game.

Glad you decided to chime in. I try to provide thought provoking content, glad you joined in.

Yes, the season isn't over. But, but, but, if we run the table including Bama, no way in hell they could vote us out of the Final 4. A 1 loss Big 12 champ, maybe gets left out. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Scapegoats are for weak minds.  They’re like ESPN hot takes, which are usually made by empty suits who make a living talking who don’t know the game.  We don’t need a scapegoat.

The coaching staff has a lot to work with this week to get us better. I believe for the first time in a long time that they will. 

I’m ordering me some Burnt Orange Koolaid because I tend to see my glass as half full and then I add a little to it. 

I'm in.

koolaid.gif.1345f6bda4ee3ac9f451ced8334f4d15.gif

On 9/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, North Texas Golfer said:

"We will see more running QB's this year, how do we do better?"

I don't think we will see any more QB's this year who have won a heisman. I'll put that in the plus category for Texas 🙂

We just saw one that for 3 quarters was maybe better than Bama's boy. Several more on the schedule. The defense has one heck of a big job ahead of them. 

Our offense lacks that threat.