Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

random thoughts of the Bama game

oldhorn2

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I expect Bama fans arent happy with either.

Did a busted play cost the game?

Missed PI on Jatavion Sanders on 3rd and goal. Announcers even mentioned it. Instead of 1st and goal at the 1, we kick a FG. Minus 4 points

Missed facemask on Kielan Robinson, instead of 1st and goal at the 3, we kick a FG. Announcers mentioned it. Minus 4 points

Missed safety call as Bryce Young was down via his shin on the ground. Minus 2 points

And lastly, missed egregious hold on the Bryce Young scramble. Not directly connected to points but would have really changed the complexion of that game winning drive.

Some calls get missed every game, but usually not so bad that announcers mention it on the broadcast.

27 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Missed PI on Jatavion Sanders on 3rd and goal. Announcers even mentioned it. Instead of 1st and goal at the 1, we kick a FG. Minus 4 points

Missed facemask on Kielan Robinson, instead of 1st and goal at the 3, we kick a FG. Announcers mentioned it. Minus 4 points

Missed safety call as Bryce Young was down via his shin on the ground. Minus 2 points

And lastly, missed egregious hold on the Bryce Young scramble. Not directly connected to points but would have really changed the complexion of that game winning drive.

Some calls get missed every game, but usually not so bad that announcers mention it on the broadcast.

Only thing you missed was the busted play or at least I hought itwas.

Will not bother o list missed calls on Texas not as many though.

16 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Only thing you missed was the busted play or at least I hought itwas.

Will not bother o list missed calls on Texas not as many though.

What busted play are you referring to?

Also, please list any penalties you noticed Texas get away with? It was a really poorly officiated game for one side and it took at least 10 points off the scoreboard for Texas.

9 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

What busted play are you referring to?

Also, please list any penalties you noticed Texas get away with? It was a really poorly officiated game for one side and it took at least 10 points off the scoreboard for Texas.

Roughing Young and pushing a Ala. player in retalation.

Ball on one and half yd. line Ewers under center goes back player almost tackles him.No one to block or hand off to. Ewers looks confused, has time to throw the ball away before he gers hit, Jumps in airwhile throwing ball whichdid not help in his hitting the turf.

Am still wondering why such a play was called if not a busted play.

And will agree was very bad officating.Then most reffs. will tell you they could call a penality on every play. And they miss some but not on purpose.

Was there even a holding call in the whole game?

We need to talk about the D's breakdown in Q4. Holding Bama to 20 as a whole is great, but their were more yards and 1st downs in Q4 by Bama than the other 3 Q's together. We will see more running QB's this year, how do we do better?

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Was there even a holding call in the whole game?

We need to talk about the D's breakdown in Q4. Holding Bama to 20 as a whole is great, but their were more yards and 1st downs in Q4 by Bama than the other 3 Q's together. We will see more running QB's this year, how do we do better?

"We will see more running QB's this year, how do we do better?"

I don't think we will see any more QB's this year who have won a heisman. I'll put that in the plus category for Texas 🙂

4 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

"We will see more running QB's this year, how do we do better?"

I don't think we will NOT see any more QB's this year who have won a heisman. I'll put that in the plus category for Texas 🙂

For sure.

The missed tackle on the final drive was a preventable killer. Flying in on a guy as shifty as Young, just a juke and you miss like he did. Containment is crucial, and he should have broke down and made a form tackle. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

For sure.

The missed tackle on the final drive was a preventable killer. Flying in on a guy as shifty as Young, just a juke and you miss like he did. Containment is crucial, and he should have broke down and made a form tackle. 

He missed a tackle and the refs missed the hold on the facemask of the contain man on the same play.  Watts wasn't the contain man, he was the blitzer.  Tackles are missed in every game but there weren't many missed tackles by Texas in that game.  There have been games where we missed tackle on most plays.  In the game Saturday we didn't miss many tackles that I saw. 

Of course I'm sure you saw a totally different game than I did.  

4 minutes ago, Wayne said:

He missed a tackle and the refs missed the hold on the facemask of the contain man on the same play.  Watts wasn't the contain man, he was the blitzer.  Tackles are missed in every game but there weren't many missed tackles by Texas in that game.  There have been games where we missed tackle on most plays.  In the game Saturday we didn't miss many tackles that I saw. 

Of course I'm sure you saw a totally different game than I did.  

True on the hold, but he had to know he was the only one, there was no one behind him. Leaving your feet can make you the hero or the fool. It can be coached. Overall tackling was good, except for the 82 yarder. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

True on the hold, but he had to know he was the only one, there was no one behind him. Leaving your feet can make you the hero or the fool. It can be coached. Overall tackling was good, except for the 82 yarder. 

nominated for worst take of the year. I never heard of a blitz guy being responsible for containment.

Jesus Johnny!....sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other guy for making a great play.

6 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

nominated for worst take of the year. I never heard of a blitz guy being responsible for containment.

Jesus Johnny!....sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other guy for making a great play.

Everyone knows he is a shifty as sand, and he can leave you with your jock around your ankles. Proper technique and we might win that game.

We can blame it on injuries, Zebra's, coaches, kickers, whatever. Ultimately players have to make plays. Do you think Overshown would have missed?

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

Everyone knows he is a shifty as sand, and he can leave you with your jock around your ankles. Proper technique and we might win that game.

We can blame it on injuries, Zebra's, coaches, kickers, whatever. Ultimately players have to make plays. Do you think Overshon would have missed?

nominated for second worst take of the year.

1 minute ago, oldhorn2 said:

nominated for second worst take of the year.

When you blitz, it better work, or you have left a gaping hole. The coaches called it right, it was there, but we failed to execute. Call it whatever you want, we had the lead, and it was on the D to get a stop. 

39 minutes ago, TraeInOK said:

Sooner fan here.. Quinn ewers is going to be a legend in texas. Honestly hope he is well before the RRS. He is without a doubt the future of texas. Arm is so live. Was hoping yal would have gotten the W. Gotta give respect where its dude. 

Living in NE Ok, it has been interesting and somewhat unsettling that I have had more rational thoughts and comments from Sooners since Saturday than some Longhorn fans. Is the apocalypse at hand? lol

7 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Living in NE Ok, it has been interesting and somewhat unsettling that I have had more rational thoughts and comments from Sooners since Saturday than some Longhorn fans. Is the apocalypse at hand? lol

its not often you will get praise from us sooners, but us true fans that understand football, recognize a legit squad when we see one. 

8 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Im in ne oklahoma as well. Sitting my butt down in tulsa, Graduated OU in 2007.

21 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

its a strange year for the big 12. its almost as if they want ou and texas to go out on a bad note. Refs screwed yal in the worst way sat. 

11304262.png

11305061.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TraeInOK said:

its a strange year for the big 12. its almost as if they want ou and texas to go out on a bad note. Refs screwed yal in the worst way sat. 

11304262.png

11305061.jpeg

Yep, holding by Alabama on the crucial broken play scramble to keep drive alive and put team in field goal range…NOT called.  Yep, leg was DOWN in end zone which should have been a safety, and Texas would also then receive the ball as well…NOT called.  We can’t get out of this “crappy” (didn’t want to use a curse word) conference fast enough.  We have been the recipient of way too many controversial calls and/or non-calls for way too long.  I realize officiating isn’t perfect and the officials are human, but some of this is HIGHLY suspicious.  HOOK’EM 🤘🤘🤘

5 minutes ago, hornag said:

Yep, holding by Alabama on the crucial broken play scramble to keep drive alive and put team in field goal range…NOT called.  Yep, leg was DOWN in end zone which should have been a safety, and Texas would also then receive the ball as well…NOT called.  We can’t get out of this “crappy” (didn’t want to use a curse word) conference fast enough.  We have been the recipient of way too many controversial calls and/or non-calls for way too long.  I realize officiating isn’t perfect and the officials are human, but some of this is HIGHLY suspicious.  HOOK’EM 🤘🤘🤘

It will only get worse this season for both of our teams. The Big 12 officiating squads have it out for us, and its obviously coming from the top. Theyre salty were leaving a dead conference and taking all the tradition and excitement out of the league... No one will tune in for even osu vs baylor. Ou and texas leaving is the death of the big 12 and they know it. Its just a matter of time.

2 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

where ? We were at Grand Lake for a few years.

3 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

We can blame it on injuries, Zebra's, coaches, kickers, whatever. Ultimately players have to make plays. Do you think Overshown would have missed?

But number 18 Ovie Oghoufu (who had contain) had his facemask held by the right tackle as Bryce escaped Ryan Watts.  As a result of having his facemask held he couldn't contain the QB.     

54 minutes ago, Wayne said:

But number 18 Ovie Oghoufu (who had contain) had his facemask held by the right tackle as Bryce escaped Ryan Watts.  As a result of having his facemask held he couldn't contain the QB.     

But, but, but. If the tackle is made, we probably win, instead he whiffed.

In a game like that, any 1 play could have changed the outcome, his was just the last, and in our control. Holding happens.

Win that game, and we are in the Natty conversation, destiny in our own hands. It will unfortunately go down in history, like the dropped int. by Gideon.