Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

random thoughts of the Bama game

oldhorn2

34 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

Not so random thought.  That was by far the worst officiating I’ve witnessed in my 45 years. 

Agree, it's one of the worst I've ever seen and I'm much older. It's up there with Grant Taff's last home game where the refs didn't even try to hide the fact they were screwing Texas.

9 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I saw we ran the wildcat a few times with Roschon; each time he kept I think. I think our last drive would have been a perfect time to pass out of that formation. Hitting Worthy deep...idk. I thought they were setting it up only to never pull the trigger 

I was hoping for the same thing. Of course, I thought Tony Jeffries (a WR at Texas who was a HS QB) might pass the ball too back in the day but Mack never let him.

Back to the Bama game, I thought a young Texas team showed grit standing toe to toe with Bama for the whole game. A couple of breaks, correct calls by the refs and this could have been a whole different story. 

Just watched Sark's post game interview, I don't see how you can't like this guy. Loved his discussion on the non safety. I also like how he called out everyone who didn't give the team a chance in this game. 

Ewers looked really good for his quarter of play. I really hope his shoulder isn't seriously hurt.

Card showed moxy playing hurt, I'll give him that however there is a reason he isn't the starter and we all (well most of us that is) know it. If Ewers is out for an extended period of time, should Sark get Maalik ready to play to see what he can do or do we go with Wright?

Whatever we're paying Patterson, double it. The D came to play.

I've seen several of you post that Bama didn't expose us, we exposed them. Totally agree with that assessment.

If Patterson doesnt land a D1 HC position by next year, then CDC and Sark better make him the asst HC because it seems that he has a better scheme that Coach K..

as for the young QB's I think Wright has already burned his redshirt and with Malik if he hasn't Im not so sure you would want to, especially with the Golden Child coming to the Forty Acres next year

1 hour ago, Hiwood said:

If Patterson doesnt land a D1 HC position by next year, then CDC and Sark better make him the asst HC because it seems that he has a better scheme that Coach K..

as for the young QB's I think Wright has already burned his redshirt and with Malik if he hasn't Im not so sure you would want to, especially with the Golden Child coming to the Forty Acres next year

I’m not dismissing or downplaying the Patterson affect as he is a proven defensive guru but it seems like Coach K is getting little to no credit for yesterday. He (Coach K) had a pretty successful run before last year as well. Maybe having better players and attitudes made a significant difference.

With the 4 game redshirt rule (I think it’s still a thing), why not get Malik ready and see what he can do the next couple weeks? If Card is limited or can’t go I mean.

58 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

I'm sure Patterson was very helpful in getting the defense ready to play, no question he is a valuable addition and I'm glad he is here.  On the other hand not being part of the program it's hard to know exactly how much impact he had. I think we may be selling coach K and the other defensive coaches short to assign most of the success on defense to Patterson. 

1 hour ago, Hiwood said:

How do we know that Patterson has a better scheme than Coach K?

4 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

I’m not dismissing or downplaying the Patterson affect as he is a proven defensive guru but it seems like Coach K is getting little to no credit for yesterday. He (Coach K) had a pretty successful run before last year as well. Maybe having better players and attitudes made a significant difference.

With the 4 game redshirt rule (I think it’s still a thing), why not get Malik ready and see what he can do the next couple weeks? If Card is limited or can’t go I mean.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I read in the off season that PK's defenses take a huge leap from year one to year two. I'm sure GP played a significant role, but all the credit to PK and the defensive staff for getting them ready.

5 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Well the defense coaches did nor show much last year. Some thing changed mostly same players this year. 

What ever keep it gping.

Definitely lots of new players, plus the returning players are much more comfortable with their roles.

19 minutes ago, dssl said:

Definitely lots of new players, plus the returning players are much more comfortable with their roles.

Name the new players. Agree old players had a years experence.

Maybe a couple of DBS.

15 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Name the new players. Agree old players had a years experence.

Maybe a couple of DBS.

First I wouldn't minimize the impact of the players becoming more comfortable in the system.

A few of the new comers that I believe contributed

Watts,, Tucker Dorsey,Gulbeau, Jordan 

4 hours ago, TexExSpur said:

Not so random thought.  That was by far the worst officiating I’ve witnessed in my 45 years. 

Big 12 refs have been horrible for years, but they set a new record for gross incompetence in this game. Surely SEC officiating has to be better.

1 hour ago, dssl said:

First I wouldn't minimize the impact of the players becoming more comfortable in the system.

A few of the new comers that I believe contributed

Watts,, Tucker Dorsey,Gulbeau, Jordan 

4 players is hardly lots. Watts has helped, Gulbeau has helped, Jordan in because of injury. but helped

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

Are you sure? 2 different sites said B12. Could be wrong. If so, thanks. Terrible officiating, regardless. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/scott-campbell-big-12-officials-missed-calls-texas-alabama/fvzrvsl1lbxfspylsrvhwhdz

And on Google search: "The Big 12 officiating crew, led by referee Scott Campbell, huddled after the unusual play for several seconds before making the roughing the passer with targeting call."

2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Appears to have been Big 12 officials. If so, glad we don't have much longer with these clowns.

Fans livid at referee Scott Campbell, Big 12 officials for missed calls in Texas loss to Alabama (msn.com)

Expect to see similar anti Texas officiating in every conference game this season. I’d expect worse than normal.

I think Coach PK and Patterson collaborated on the game plan. Credit PK for making that happen and not letting an ego get into it. Kudos to Patterson for seeing the openings/weaknesses he saw and shared with PK. It worked.

I love the set up and PK will learn a ton from this experience.

I could be wrong but I don't think Patterson has another HC gig coming. Maybe a small school if he wants to go that route. I'd like to see him end up being our DC one day. Our talent with his know-how would be deadly.