Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Texas Longhorns*****

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, but we have a return game set with Bama next year. Is the SEC instructing anyone on that?

Assuming TX is in the SEC for 2023 I would guess that game would be played as a conference game , and then Alabama would return to Austin in 2025. 

This creates a schedule constraint and if you have more then a few of them it could create a situation where they can't honor all of the required return games.

Thinking about it , this makes me wonder if the move will happen in 2023. Consider that if the move happens in 2023 then they would need to announce it within the next month or so, at which point all of the sixteen 2023 SEC teams would essentially need to completely rework their conference schedules and eliminate an OOC game to make room for the 9 conference games. Therefore they wouldn't need to give any of the schools scheduling guidelines for 2023 or beyond. 

21 minutes ago, dssl said:

Assuming TX is in the SEC for 2023 I would guess that game would be played as a conference game , and then Alabama would return to Austin in 2025. 

This creates a schedule constraint and if you have more then a few of them it could create a situation where they can't honor all of the required return games.

Thinking about it , this makes me wonder if the move will happen in 2023. Consider that if the move happens in 2023 then they would lneed to announce it within the next month or so, at which point all of the sixteen 2023 SEC teams would essentially need to completely rework their conference schedules and eliminate an OOC game to make room for the 9 conference games. Therefore they wouldn't need to give any of the schools scheduling guidelines for 2023 or beyond. 

You've been hanging around NTG too long. lol Thank God you didn't throw down some math. lol

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yes, but we have a return game set with Bama next year. Is the SEC instructing anyone on that?

that will be a conference game next year.. i think we are going to get thrown into their conference honestly. 

17 hours ago, Billybass said:

Almost had to make the move to recruit. 
And even tho the refs were so bad, that game against Bama was electric. We only had one game a year (OU) like that before. 
There will be multiple games like that now. 
so…I’m glad we are making the move

my thoughts exactly. its going to be huge for both universities... will definitely help recruiting and hurt atms.. i think all of their nil checks are bouncing these days

Let's go back to Bama for a minute. Our running game was arguably our weakest room performance in the game. It's a small miracle we kept it as close as we did without run support. Originally assumed to be our biggest strength, it is currently our biggest concern.

Settling for FG's in the Red Zone repeatedly, lots of 3 and outs and a lack of explosive plays, 16 yds. rushing in the 1st half all hurt us bad.

It appears we have plenty of talent, both in the running room and the O-line room. We were obviously against tough competition, but that is going to be normal in the SEC. It seemed like the moment we handed off the ball we were swarmed, there was never a good chance for a runner to see the field and make a move. Even on the 1 Wildcat. The formation/scheme appears good for the RPO, but not for actual running. The good news, Bijan was the 2nd most productive receiver.

The adjustments failed to come, unlike Saban we just kept up the futility to the end. What comes next?

23 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Let's go back to Bama for a minute. Our running game was arguably our weakest room performance in the game. It's a small miracle we kept it as close as we did without run support. Originally assumed to be our biggest strength, it is currently our biggest concern.

Settling for FG's in the Red Zone repeatedly, lots of 3 and outs and a lack of explosive plays, 16 yds. rushing in the 1st half all hurt us bad.

It appears we have plenty of talent, both in the running room and the O-line room. We were obviously against tough competition, but that is going to be normal in the SEC. It seemed like the moment we handed off the ball we were swarmed, there was never a good chance for a runner to see the field and make a move. Even on the 1 Wildcat. The formation/scheme appears good for the RPO, but not for actual running. The good news, Bijan was the 2nd most productive receiver.

The adjustments failed to come, unlike Saban we just kept up the futility to the end. What comes next?

It's really hard to take you seriously anymore. I mean come on, you got banned from Surly Horns after only 27 posts. And it's really, really hard to get banned from that place. LIke almost impossible, lol. 

kick.jpg.57633420a37520fff1b22603dfca3066.jpg

13 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

It's really hard to take you seriously anymore. I mean come on, you got banned from Surly Horns after only 27 posts. And it's really, really hard to get banned from that place. LIke almost impossible, lol. 

Yeh, they need to change their name to Karen Horns. What a bunch of panty waists. I did put a bit more heat on my serves thinking they would appreciate that. I didn't know they had an Emperor and I poked his cage and he called the mob. They really do vote people off the island over there. I might join back up and have some fun with them now that I know the game. 

You got anything to say on the subject, or just drop by to kick me in the balls when I'm on the ground?

56 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

hmmm. that's basic football. i'm no football technician but i know that much. So, while Quinn was slinging the ball deep and Worthy was beating their DBs, the DBs had to play deeper so they wouldn't get beat. That kind of opens up the running game as long as you continue to throw intermediate(LBs) and deep (DBs). Once Quinn left the field, the deep ball is no longer a threat. Bring everyone in and stop the run.

And while our O-Line appears to be improved, I wouldn't say they were good at this time. We have plenty of potential. I agree that we have talent at the high school level but not sure at the collegiate level at this time.

3 minutes ago, hookemhorb said:

hmmm. that's basic football. i'm no football technician but i know that much. So, while Quinn was slinging the ball deep and Worthy was beating their DBs, the DBs had to play deeper so they wouldn't get beat. That kind of opens up the running game as long as you continue to throw intermediate(LBs) and deep (DBs). Once Quinn left the field, the deep ball is no longer a threat. Bring everyone in and stop the run.

And while our O-Line appears to be improved, I wouldn't say they were good at this time. We have plenty of potential. I agree that we have talent at the high school level but not sure at the collegiate level at this time.

Yeh, I get that. But our 1st half we had 16, and finished with 79 so it doesn't fit what happened. While Quinn was opening up the field, the run should have been there. In the second half, the box was loaded when they saw Card hurt.

Anyway that's behind us now, do you see a scheme without a major overhaul that helps? I'm thinking the swing passes, and some direct deep snaps if that fits our playbook.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I blocked him the day before yesterday. He’s not serious, not fun. He’s an aggy in his thought process if not in actuality.   

7 hours ago, Wayne said:

I blocked him the day before yesterday. He’s not serious, not fun. He’s an aggy in his thought process if not in actuality.   

If you offered me $100 bill to name one current Aggie player your money would be safe.

It may be best you stay on the bench, you may not be up for my shocking takes.😆

eyebleach.jpg.3991b5b04945d6f0c194e83093be0f6b.jpg

Legit question, no troll. Found it on espn though.  Ou offensive line played a little slow today but came on heavy after the first qtr. Nebraska couldn't get much going. Our defense is night and day compared to last year. Hopefully ewers gets healthy enough prior to rrs

On 9/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, TraeInOK said:

Legit question, no troll. Found it on espn though.  Ou offensive line played a little slow today but came on heavy after the first qtr. Nebraska couldn't get much going. Our defense is night and day compared to last year. Hopefully ewers gets healthy enough prior to rrs

Don't be too worried about our QB, we are going to bring it either way. Worry about the refs.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, Johnny Depp said:

Don't be too worried about our QB, we are going to bring it either way. Worry about the refs.

the refs are out for both of us, I just want the best game possible so there's no excuse. cant wait for this years bedlam game with oswho. they are super salty about the move to the sec and are refusing to schedule us moving forward, while running their lips about ou not wanting to schedule lol.