Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Texas Longhorns*****

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Against LAMon, Ewers was in for 7 possessions. Those possessions resulted in 1 int, 1 missed FG, 4 td's, and 1 made FG. After the opening interception, the next 6 possession resulted in 32 plays for 304 yards. 

So Ewers first 9 possessions in his career have ended in:

1 - interception

3 - FG Attempts

5 - TDs

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Against LAMon, Ewers was in for 7 possessions. Those possessions resulted in 1 int, 1 missed FG, 4 td's, and 1 made FG. After the opening interception, the next 6 possession resulted in 32 plays for 304 yards. 

And what? That was a scrimmage.

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

"There was never supposed to be a QB debate, injuries change all that. Most assume as soon as Quinn can suit up it's his team without debate."

There is no QB debate. If healthy, it's Quinn's team. 

That's debatable Sark.

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

Worthy should have caught that pass that he bobbled in the end zone. Right, it's Ewer's fault that we only had 3 points when he left.

Right again, his stats really weren't all that impressive when he was on the sideline. Don't understand why everyone can't see it that way. 😂

I see you got the point. You have to play to produce. That chuck and duck cost him that ability. People talk shit about Card taking sacks, at least he knows how to do it without dying.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

I see you got the point. You have to play to produce. That chuck and duck cost him that ability. People talk shit about Card taking sacks, at least he knows how to do it without dying.

You just went too far, time to block this dude.

Mods, do your thing, nobody will complain.

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So we should play Card because he sacks good. Wow.

🙄😜

No! No! No! that's not what Donnie Jepp said. Everyone is putting words in his mouth. Card doesn't work in a grocery store.

He said Card knows how to take a sack. He's had lots of practice holding the football and taking a sack.

When Ewers got hurt, with 31 seconds left in the first quarter, he has 9/12 for 134 yards. That's the 4th most passing yards Bama has allowed in the first quarter during the Saban Era. His first drive ended at the Alabama 8 and they got a FG. He unfortunately got hurt during the second drive, and at that point, had Texas on the Alabama one yard line. After Quinn left, Bijan ran the ball twice and scored a TD on the second run. The kid was carving up the Bama defense when he got hurt. Unfortunately he was driven into the turf by a Bama lineman, and apparently, that's his fault?

Look, I really respect Card for his performance against Bama, especially on one leg. But at the end of the day, Ewers is the better QB. Ewers has a better arm and more arm talent. And I don't say that to trash Card. Ewers just plain and simply has a better arm. He can make more throws than Card, which in turn, will only continue to open up the playbook more and more as his time goes on at Texas. He's also shown the ability to throw the ball through tight windows, which helps even more.

Ewers has also shown more composure and pocket presence than Card. Ewers has been calm and collected in the pocket and after that first interception against ULM, has taken what the defense has given him as opposed to forcing throws. He also has not taken bad sacks, which was one of the biggest issues with Card. Again, I love Card for what he did against Bama, and I'm not trying to trash him. But at the end of the day, Ewers is just a better QB with a superior skillset.

5 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

There was never supposed to be a QB debate, injuries change all that. Most assume as soon as Quinn can suit up it's his team without debate. 1 qtr. looked good, the other 3 Quinn didn't. He left the game with 3 points on the board in spite of the yardage. We sucked in red zone all day. 

The hype for the RRS may have been less, but some of the all time best games have been played recently. 

Meanwhile, back to our regular program.

Touchdown Jesus.

touchdownjesus.gif.370ae12a4692293d04c1a6ac19ad9a03.giftouchdownjesus1.gif.836aa8441077aa1a146b3f1530177431.gif

That winking Jesus is weird. But coming from you, fits perfect

4 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Texas scored 10 of their 19 points on the opening two drives that Ewers led down the field (and could have been 14 if not for the dropped pass and also the missed PI on Jatavion Sanders). Unlike JD over here, I'll give Ewers credit for the TD even though it was Card who handed the ball to Bijan at the goal line.

If Ewers had handed theball to Bijan at thegoal linehe might still be playing.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:30 PM, North Texas Golfer said:

Why the references to a moral victory? Am I missing someone saying that. I'm for sure not saying it but at the same time I do acknowledge that Texas exceeded pretty much everyone's expectations on Saturday. No one can deny that. 

Sure they can, they would be wrong, but they can say it!

10 hours ago, TraeInOK said:

he looked like a pro vs bama though. its hard to judge a season by one game, but you can definitely see improvement for sure. its weird being a sooner fan here giving credit where its due. I for one am excited to see texas's climb back, other sooner fans not so much. Those down years it seemed like the rrs lost some of its luster, with the fans and national media. I cant wait for more epic shootouts and defensive battles of the past. 

Trae, that fellow doesn’t care what you (or we) say. He is an Aggy that try’s to stir things up. I have him on ignore. 

5 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

You are the only one that is debating the QB situation. It's like you missed the boat that everyone else got on when it left the island. 

Don’t y’all just love team building activities!

Really, Johnny Depp?