Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****GAME THREAD: #1 Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Texas Longhorns*****

Report it is a sprain for Ewers

Sam Acho said on one of the televised programs that Patterson did help with the game plan over the summer.  If so, need to give the guy a raise.  We could definitely use him in the future.

If the ref wasn't so fixated on roughing the passer, he may have called intentional grounding.  in the end zone, already pulled down by Coburn, and throws while falling.

I know--Ifs and buts.  I am comfortable with major improvements from last year.  

Anyone know why D'Shawn did not play the 2nd half?

12 minutes ago, Basis Points said:

Sam Acho said on one of the televised programs that Patterson did help with the game plan over the summer.  If so, need to give the guy a raise.  We could definitely use him in the future.

If the ref wasn't so fixated on roughing the passer, he may have called intentional grounding.  in the end zone, already pulled down by Coburn, and throws while falling.

D'Shawn got injured, but I'm not sure what the issue is.

11 minutes ago, Basis Points said:

Texas Longhorns super senior cornerback D’Shawn Jamison suffered an ankle injury of undetermined severity in the first half, according to head coach Steve Sarkisian, and did not return to the game.

32 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So anyone with medical knowledge, tell us about a sprained collarbone I guess or is it a strained shoulder?

My guess when reading that was an AC sprain. If it’s medial (clavicle to sternum) it’s not as serous. Most of the time it’s lateral (clavicle/ shoulder). I’ve seen widely varying times for recovery. Good news is it’s not a broken clavicle and I expect Ewers to be back at some point. And it’s not his throwing arm. 

I’m not a doctor but I play one on TV

5 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Luckily Sark is the one who acquired most of that talent, and today was a massive recruiting win from where I sit.

No doubt I love the culture that he is building I'm sure it wasnt easy when ewers went down and then card was banged up as well he did a good job. I can already see a big difference we didn't have that same 2nd half collapse like last year.

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

He just took TX to within a play of beating #1, and executed what was called until injured. the Heisman race in Austin is over. Nothing left but hype.

Another bullshit post. Freakin thugs were tearing his helmet off, and the refs wouldn’t call shit. 
His Heisman chances are far from over

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My first thoughts on this game are – 1) What if Ewers doesn't get hurt? 2) Where were the refs from? Anyone know? 

If Texas gets a safety, we win. If we grab the errant pass, we win bigger. Lots of ifs and buts in this one.

Those a’s called a game I watched last weekend, and they were bad then, at least the ref did.  They may be ACC.

I thought the hit on Ewers was intended to knock him out of the game. Perhaps it’s bad form to say it, but it sure looked like it.  It should have been called that way.  Ewers was great against them.

Then Overshown barely makes contact & they want to call targeting on him.  What a’s!

I think the white hat needed thicker glasses.

Hook ‘em!

Just now, Johnny Depp said:

If they don't blow the whistle, it's live.

Why didn’t they blow the whistle ? Reggie Bush said it was the worst call he had ever seen. 
oh and how about those Appalachian state players ? 
what happened to your Ags ? 
9 total first downs ? Well there goes any chance for a natty bowl. 
And after all that NIL money you guys spent last year. 
lmao !!!

Ewers could be any day to 6-8 weeks depending on severity. Athlete's have had surgical repairs and played in a few weeks. 

Card may be worse, likely high ankle sprain, they don't heal fast, or at all if you keep playing on them.

We thought it was a joke, but Charles White and Malik could end up with meaningful snaps soon. 

Both QB injuries appear to have been done purposely. We play too nice.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Ewers could be any day to 6-8 weeks depending on severity. Athlete's have had surgical repairs and played in a few weeks. 

Card may be worse, likely high ankle sprain, they don't heal fast, or at all if you keep playing on them.

We thought it was a joke, but Charles White and Malik could end up with meaningful snaps soon. 

Both QB injuries appear to have been done purposely. We play too nice.

To quote an Aggie troll, nothing left for Aggies but hype

4 minutes ago, Billybass said:

Why didn’t they blow the whistle ?

Because their job required them to make sure Bama won. It's to the point that even college sports are so tainted that they are almost not worth watching the pre determined outcomes anymore. The fix was in.