Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs Phi Slamma Bama

This is the one we've been looking forward to for a long time. I don't think many folks honestly think we'll win this game, BUT, it is a measuring stick for Sark's program. It will tell us where we are and what we have to do to get better.

As far as I'm concerned, you play the game to win. That is exactly what Texas should do. Sark should give his best game plan. Defense should have its best day. Every effort needs to go toward beating Bama. Why? Because it CAN happen. 

We beat Georgia. They are on the same level as Bama. So why not?

Alabama 42

Texas 23

29 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

BUT, it is a measuring stick for Sark's program. It will tell us where we are and what we have to do to get better.

This game will tell us nothing. The other 10 games will tell us if the team is making progress. Let's beat the bad Big 12 teams before we we get consumed about competing with elite teams. Hell lets beat Kansas first. 

Our all time record against Bama is 7-1-1. The only time we ever lost to them, we were on our way to absolutely dominating them when we lost our QB. Our next man up had no preperation( I still am pissed at Mack for that). Even still, the game was still in doubt until under 4 minutes left in the game.

History has a way of schooling even the most astute. I suppose we could be blown out, but I would not be at all surprised if we won.

Texas 37

Bama 35

1 hour ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

This game will tell us nothing. The other 10 games will tell us if the team is making progress. Let's beat the bad Big 12 teams before we we get consumed about competing with elite teams. Hell lets beat Kansas first. 

Sure it will. Every game is a measuring stick. If we man-up with Bama, we've learned something about ourselves.

Kansas, you can wait until mid-November if you want. It's your call.

You seem to think we're playing with last year's team. This isn't Ground Hog Day.

3 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Kirk Bohls is that you ? J/K MBHornsfan, Ive been following you for a couple of years and sometimes you are brutally honest....This may be one of those times

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Sure it will. Every game is a measuring stick. If we man-up with Bama, we've learned something about ourselves.

You seem to think we're playing with last year's team. This isn't Ground Hog Day.

Sha.... this an excellent take. Seriously, I consider this one of the best posts I have read in a long time.

Will I be satisfied if Texas keeps the score within the point spread....NO

I think Texas will show up, they have been pointing to this game since spring practice, they will need every break to go their way, and may need a favorable call to go their way

They will need to keep their composure and not get let Bama score an early knockout, if they can keep it to a one possession game till the 4th quarter then its game on

Prediction huh?

Longhorns win in the most mentally crushing way to Bama. I don't know how? Oh, how about the Heisman candidate quarterback goes down early? The Tide regresses to 5-7 and the next year stinks again. Saban gets his walking papers, Bama goes through 4 coaches in 12 years and never regains their powers.

I've seen it happen.

5 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Our all time record against Bama is 7-1-1. The only time we ever lost to them, we were on our way to absolutely dominating them when we lost our QB. Our next man up had no preperation( I still am pissed at Mack for that). Even still, the game was still in doubt until under 4 minutes left in the game.

History has a way of schooling even the most astute. I suppose we could be blown out, but I would not be at all surprised if we won.

Texas 37

Bama 35

Thank you, wise one!

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

This team is no different until proven otherwise.  I've heard the same shit for 12 years.

We suck until we don't. 

Hopefully the don't starts soon.