Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Common Man Prediction Thread – UT vs LA-MONROE

as much as everyone wants to see Sark let the dogs loose, I think he plays it conservatively so as not to give Alabama any useful game film...the defense may score on a couple of TO's and I think they will have # 5 stuffed down their throat for about 20 carries or 200 yds, whichever comes first, special teams may also score some points...I think he will also want to see if #3 can execute the game plan and not turn the ball over....nothing more than a scrimmage in real time with live ammo

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

If we give up 13 points to this team it will be considered a loss and PK should be immediately fired.  Ul-Mon is one of the worst college teams in the last 30 years.

No, they're not very good at all. But they have an experienced QB who has some moxie. They're going to roll him out a lot to evade our rush.

We'll crush them but I wouldn't totally discount them as a team.

4 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

The whole country is focused on game 2.  Treating game 1 as a scrimmage...

trap.jpg.270c8fc7b36aa23fbf42a403ef810aea.jpg

5-7 teams don't take the bait.  They're still trying to overcome the previous teams inept play. These days, your individual in the image probably has a pecker or a man made meat pocket.  

On 8/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, BWilk55 said:

The score in a game like this can easily get wonky based on how things go in the 4th quarter. 

What other predictions do folks want to make?

I think we will see over 40 pass attempts with Quinn throwing over 30 balls. I'm thinking Sark will want to get him a lot of live throws in the offense and even when Card comes in, we will keep throwing it around.

Bijan goes for 150 total yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half. Sees little to no action in the 2nd half. 

I'm going to add to this and say Johnathon Brooks with 150 yards as well. I'm thinking once Bijan gets pulled, we will see a heavy dose of Brooks so that he can get live action in his role as probably the most complete all around back behind Bijan.

On 8/30/2022 at 10:04 PM, BWilk55 said:

The score in a game like this can easily get wonky based on how things go in the 4th quarter. 

What other predictions do folks want to make?

I think we will see over 40 pass attempts with Quinn throwing over 30 balls. I'm thinking Sark will want to get him a lot of live throws in the offense and even when Card comes in, we will keep throwing it around.

Bijan goes for 150 total yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half. Sees little to no action in the 2nd half. 

Both predictions missed, mostly because of the game flow, our offense didn't run a ton of plays.

On 8/30/2022 at 12:16 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

And so we're carrying on the tradition of a members prediction thread. This year we start off with the University of Louisiana at Monroe.

The Warhawks are not a good team. They went 4-8 last year (2-6 in conference) but did upset Liberty. I don't think they're any better this year so if we're struggling at home against this team, we're in a bad place.

Fortunately, I don't think it goes that way. In fact, I think it goes Texas' way in big time fashion, . . . . the stars will shine.

Texas 52

UL-MON 13

I was pretty close, with still some time on the clock.