Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting rankings


Recommended Posts

Texas now #5,OU nipping at heels at 6 with 3 recruits rated 96 or better CB.  I hope we get Hale,Baxter,Hill,Tovanio. Considering we have 20. Notre Dame is only other top team with 20. Bama just passed us with only 16 recruits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Texas now #5,OU nipping at heels at 6 with 3 recruits rated 96 or better CB.  I hope we get Hale,Baxter,Hill,Tovanio. Considering we have 20. Notre Dame is only other top team with 20. Bama just passed us with only 16 recruits.

OU has 1 5-star and he's a QB. I like our QB better.

We have one recruit that we've chased and that OU has put in their class – Pettaway. So OU really didn't hurt our efforts this year and we by far won more head to heads than they did.

I like our class way more than theirs.

Bama got three 5-stars in one week (this week).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubt if OU passes Texas with more 3 stars. To me MM and Cook should  be 5 stars and Stroh should be a 4 star.

Texas is proably done with 3 stars. win big and 5 and 4 stars will be easier to recruit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Six reasons whyclass is ranked lower.

1 TE might have helped in Manning recruitment! If so worth a ship if never plays a down.

2 TE height and weight havent been seen on teamsin a long time. Coach him up and you have a great weapon in red zone.

3 Three OL. great sizeand potential. Up to Flood now. Espicaly like Stroh, great hilites manhandles his man and picks up others.

4 Edge small , lite weight. But others think hewill be great.

Take these 6 away and team ratings will jump up

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

OU has 1 5-star and he's a QB. I like our QB better.

We have one recruit that we've chased and that OU has put in their class – Pettaway. So OU really didn't hurt our efforts this year and we by far won more head to heads than they did.

I like our class way more than theirs.

Bama got three 5-stars in one week (this week).

 

Probably gonna go see Hampton @ Gladewater  on 0 week. Will peek in on Hale sometime.your right on above but TE,OL hurt numerical rankings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Probably gonna go see Hampton @ Gladewater  on 0 week. Will peek in on Hale sometime.your right on above but TE,OL hurt numerical rankings.

I don't care what the rankings think about our OL or TE recruits. Flood and Banks hand picked them and that is good enough for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

Texas now #5,OU nipping at heels at 6 with 3 recruits rated 96 or better CB.  I hope we get Hale,Baxter,Hill,Tovanio. Considering we have 20. Notre Dame is only other top team with 20. Bama just passed us with only 16 recruits.

Scratch Hill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas simply has to close what is a sizable gap with the big boys when it comes to getting top 50, top 100, top 200, and top 300 players. This is the critical group of players every team needs in order to start competing for playoffs and national championships.

Bama, Ohio State, and Georgia are head and shoulders ahead of everyone else at this time from a standpoint of stacking this type of recruiting classes year after year. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Might add Notre Dame to the list.

Top rated players and classes are great, but in recent yearsTexas has lost to teams who were way down on list from Horns. Still hoping this is the staff to change things. But have little faith in a 2-4-5 defense.

Notre Dame recruiting is interesting to look at.

So far this year, Notre Dame and Texas are pretty much even when it comes to top 50 and top 100 players. But Notre Dame has done better when it comes to top 100, top 200, and top 300. And only 4 of their current class is outside of the top 300 while Texas has 8 outside the top 300. Both teams have 20 commits so far. 

If you go back and look at this over the past 5 years, Notre Dame and Texas are pretty much neck and neck in recruiting telling me that they had better coaching during that time resulting in 2 playoff appearances. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Notre Dame recruiting is interesting to look at.

So far this year, Notre Dame and Texas are pretty much even when it comes to top 50 and top 100 players. But Notre Dame has done better when it comes to top 100, top 200, and top 300. And only 4 of their current class is outside of the top 300 while Texas has 8 outside the top 300. Both teams have 20 commits so far. 

If you go back and look at this over the past 5 years, Notre Dame and Texas are pretty much neck and neck in recruiting telling me that they had better coaching during that time resulting in 2 playoff appearances. 

 

Notre Dame also has a cupcake schedule. They play big names but not good teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

We couldn't  beat cupcake schedule  last year.

Our schedule wasn’t quite as cupcake as theirs. ND was 11-2. They only played two ranked teams. Cincinnati and Oklahoma State. They lost both. 
 

That is their normal schedule now except for the years they play Clemson.  Usually play one ranked team in regular season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Team recruiting rating or coaching.Team ranking 2018- 2022.

Texas 3,3,8,15, 5

Ark. 45,23,29,25,28.

edit  Ou was ranked ahead of Texas one year during this time. 10 to 15. Ranking matter at least a little but looks like coaching matters more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like Sark / Flood recruit to a “type” more so than our last 3 coaches.  There’s a type of OL, QB, WR that we go after.  This makes me feel better about the lower ranked young men we land.  Especially when we have targeted them early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, Eastexhorn said:

Might add Notre Dame to the list.

Top rated players and classes are great, but in recent yearsTexas has lost to teams who were way down on list from Horns. Still hoping this is the staff to change things. But have little faith in a 2-4-5 defense.

Bobby Burton had an interview with Ian Boyd about the 2-4-5 defense that left me feeling much better about it.  It’s basically what the Steelers run (according to Boyd).  We ran it last year without a semblance of the personnel to pull it off.  Whether or not that was wise can certainly be debated.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Bobby Burton had an interview with Ian Boyd about the 2-4-5 defense that left me feeling much better about it.  It’s basically what the Steelers run (according to Boyd).  We ran it last year without a semblance of the personnel to pull it off.  Whether or not that was wise can certainly be debated.  

Does the Steelers have a good defense? The Iron Curtain in the old days was a 4-3-4 near as I remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

Bobby Burton had an interview with Ian Boyd about the 2-4-5 defense that left me feeling much better about it.  It’s basically what the Steelers run (according to Boyd).  We ran it last year without a semblance of the personnel to pull it off.  Whether or not that was wise can certainly be debated.  

If you’re going to run a defense, run it from year one. You’ll find out who can play in it. The recruit players to play your system. Otherwise, you’ll waste that first year of teaching. And it’ll be like your installing a new defense in year 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Wayne said:

If you’re going to run a defense, run it from year one. You’ll find out who can play in it. The recruit players to play your system. Otherwise, you’ll waste that first year of teaching. And it’ll be like your installing a new defense in year 2. 

Is this ahint that first year coaches get a bye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point in the process this year, we've received commitments from almost all of our priority targets. And we have a few more to go in the next few weeks.

I am deeply satisfied with how this has worked out. So let the rankings be whatever they end up being. We got who we wanted.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...