Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

True Burnt Orange W

Here's a question (that I don't particularly know the answer to), how many schools have a color that is unique to their university. We are the only school that uses burnt orange. Any other programs with a truly one of a kind color?

12 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Y'all quit being old 🤣🤣🤣

Dbut....the truth is, you HAVE to stay old. Other wise you may look back on what you did because it was cool and just hate yourself.

When I was there during the 60's there was a HUGE movement to change the mascot from the Longhorn to......you got it....

The armadillo!!!  You cannot believe how close this came to happening.

12 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Im not old (well to some I may be), but my least favorite thing is turning on a game and not being able to instantly recognize the teams playing because of their alternate jerseys. 

Texas has such a strong brand, logo and a unique color. No need to muck around with it. 

I absolutely understand the sentiment. And I don't necessarily disagree. But I also understand these kids and what they put value in. And to that point I see nothing wrong with an alternate uniform for a game of the player's choising.

1 minute ago, oldhorn2 said:

Dbut....the truth is, you HAVE to stay old. Other wise you may look back on what you did because it was cool and just hate yourself.

When I was there during the 60's there was a HUGE movement to change the mascot from the Longhorn to......you got it....

The armadillo!!!  You cannot believe how close this came to happening.

Wow! That would have been HORRIBLE!

3 hours ago, DBut82 said:

I absolutely understand the sentiment. And I don't necessarily disagree. But I also understand these kids and what they put value in. And to that point I see nothing wrong with an alternate uniform for a game of the player's choising.

Kids value money, cars, and girls more than alternate uniforms.

See Bama

Seeing this makes me think I need to personally involve myself in Steve Sarkisian's wardrobe decisions.

Both are wearing an orange thats not burnt orange. Steve's tie is the only thing that comes close. I suppose she had to match his ridiculous blazer.

And what the hell is up with the racing stripes down the sides of his pants?

image.thumb.jpeg.373b1178e7c789c18b36f09975e5d75c.jpeg