Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

***Official OMAHA CWS Thread***

5 minutes ago, Mitch Lovell said:

Been that kinda weekend for the horns.

Horrible strike 3 call on Melendez.  That was called a ball twice in the Daly AB

Just now, joeywa said:

Horrible strike 3 call on Melendez.  That was called a ball twice in the Daly AB

I thought so too. Apparently caught the zone, perfect pitch placement. Now, the question of consistency with the ump remains as I agree, that was a ball the batter before

Nothing doing by the horns after the 2nd inning. Played a bad game overall today and it shows in the score.

Not the ending we wanted but a successful season overall. Really could have gone south, really proud of these guys for making it to Omaha.

44 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

After how badly things went at one point in the season, I'm pretty happy they made the CWS. That was an achievement in itself.

I hope we can keep most of this team together over the off season.

The second paragraph will be interesting 

47 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

After how badly things went at one point in the season, I'm pretty happy they made the CWS. That was an achievement in itself.

I hope we can keep most of this team together over the off season.

MLB draft will be the first major thing to watch. Who gets drafted and where?

Skyler, Stehly, Todd, Olivarez are out of eligilbility (unless they have an extra year due to Covid?). Ivan is going pro. Hodo, Faltine, Ardoin, Kennedy, Hansen, Southard will all have decisions to make. Honestly, not sure I see any of those guys being drafted all that high. 

Dylan Campbell, Witt, Gordon, Daly, Stehle, Nixon, Harrison, duplantier all will be bacl (unless they transfer).

Not the way this season should have ended. Especially to f'ing aggy. Guess it just goes to show that some coaches, that are 1st year HC in new places, know what they are doing. It feels worse how we loss this year to aggy. Hopefully the young pitchers figure something out during the offseason and fall. Plus the coaches actually learned something from this year. Early hype ending in fizzle seems to be the new theme.  

15 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

If I remember right, Texas had a CF who was their "5th" pitcher who got drafted by the pros, as a pitcher. Shiraldi  was the ace, Roger was 2nd, Capel was 3rd and after that a lot of good arms.

You are correct my friend. At least Cliff taught players back then to be multiple position players in case it was needed. It wasn't very often, but used if needed. 

17 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

I believe you are missing the point of my statement.

In no way am I saying the 84 and 85 teams weren't great. I can't find enough info about those teams to say much about their pitching beyond Greg Swindell. 

I was pointing out that the 83 team did indeed have 3 aces and were not led by a duo of Calvin Shiraldi and Greg Swindell (who wasn't on the team yet) as EastTex retorted.

I didn't miss the point. You just can't handle being wrong.

So.

Okay.

Good.

Hook'em.

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

Not the way this season should have ended. Especially to f'ing aggy. Guess it just goes to show that some coaches, that are 1st year HC in new places, know what they are doing. It feels worse how we loss this year to aggy. Hopefully the young pitchers figure something out during the offseason and fall. Plus the coaches actually learned something from this year. Early hype ending in fizzle seems to be the new theme.  

It feelsworse how we lost to aggie.

A$M or who ever its just another game.

I didn't post last night since I wanted a night to sleep and cool off. First of all, I hate, hate, really hate losing to aggy, in anything but especially football and baseball. The other 2 teams in that bracket are also teams I hate, ou & ND. My worst case scenario panned out.

I had a feeling, a bad feeling, that this would happen, thus my I hope to eat crow statement. I'm not happy we just made the CWS, I wanted a title or at least a chance to play for it. 5 runs in 2 games with the best offensive team in history and in each game our pitching gave up 7 & 10 runs.

Call me spoiled but Texas should be playing for titles and not settling for 2 & BBQ. I really believe this team had the players to do so, so congrats to the players for a good season. For me the jury is still out on the staff.

HOOK'EM!

1 hour ago, tejasrulz said:

I'm not happy we just made the CWS, I wanted a title or at least a chance to play for it. 5 runs in 2 games with the best offensive team in history and in each game our pitching gave up 7 & 10 runs.

Winning it all is always tough but I did expect more out of this team, winning at least a couple of games and playing in the final 4. 

I think Easttex said it earlier, offense was great against poor to average pitching but disappeared against top arms. Would be interesting to see what the stats look like but I'm not going to do that amount of leg work. Offense had a bad few games, pitching had a slightly below average few games, defense made uncharacteristic mistakes. It was a bad couple of games for this team.

May be they werent readyto play. To me it started with loss t ou in Big 12 title game

A ou or A$M win is worth more than 10 midweek wins.Then what do I know?

Foran example ou came prepared andit shows. Texas not so much and I belive Horns has a better team.