Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The University of Texas vs. Texas a$m


 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

But that's not 8-4 in the Southeast Conference. Thats three cupcakes and then five SEC wins.

So thats 5-4 in the SEC. Thats not real respectable. But why are you bellyaching now about the SEC? You guys wanted to go. You hold that conference higher than your own school. You rely on moral victories to feel good about it all. Mizzou has been the conference championship game, but you haven't. 

I think what you fail to appreciate is how you're spending $100 million on a coach who is no better than Sumlin was.

 

I am not an A&M fan

I expect Texas to win 9 games this year

but some people here think Texas is championship caliber in the SEC when we havent even claimed a Big 12 championship in a decade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

I am not an A&M fan

I expect Texas to win 9 games this year

but some people here think Texas is championship caliber in the SEC when we havent even claimed a Big 12 championship in a decade

I don't remember anyone saying that on this board. A lot of hope for a better season, yes, but no talk of being ready for an SEC championship, yet. 

When you get knocked down, you hope that when you get back up, you don't get knocked down again. Without that hope, you don't get up. Your message is coming across as advice to just stay down, whether you mean it that way, or not. That's why some are seeing maroon raindrops on our orange parade. 

Have some orange koolaid, my friend. It's free. 🍊 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mac-7 said:

I am not an A&M fan

I expect Texas to win 9 games this year

but some people here think Texas is championship caliber in the SEC when we havent even claimed a Big 12 championship in a decade

I don't think anyone on this board has said anything about an SEC championship or thinks we'll walk in and win a title. Thats nonsense because no one is talking about a championship.

We've watched while aggy has struggled to stay in the middle of the pack in a division of a conference, so we know its a tough league for aggy. Its so tough that Mizzou won a division only once and aggy hasn't won anything at all.

We've watched while some schools have sold the kitchen sink for a coach who can take them to the promised land – only to see them show no improvement over what they had before.

I think we understand how hard it will be. lol

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think anyone on this board has said anything about an SEC championship or thinks we'll walk in and win a title. Thats nonsense because no one is talking about a championship.

We've watched while aggy has struggled to stay in the middle of the pack in a division of a conference, so we know its a tough league for aggy. Its so tough that Mizzou won a division only once and aggy hasn't won anything at all.

We've watched while some schools have sold the kitchen sink for a coach who can take them to the promised land – only to see them show no improvement over what they had before.

I think we understand how hard it will be. lol

 

Well said sir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

 

I think we understand how hard it will be. lol

 

One more point. It's harder to win conference championships in the SEC,  but it will help in recruiting,  and being tested by the best teams in the country in the regulator season will IMHO make a national championship more likely at some point in the foreseeable future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

I am not an A&M fan

I expect Texas to win 9 games this year

but some people here think Texas is championship caliber in the SEC when we havent even claimed a Big 12 championship in a decade

You expect Texas to win 9 games, really?  That many?  Why, can you just imagine thinking that big?

You little dweeb!  That is loser thinking. That’s the way Ags think!  Giving away games before they are played. 

Go Home and let the adults talk football. We enjoy it. Bye, now.  See, you,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

stock-vector-don-t-feed-the-troll-sign-548074756.jpg

Each time the troll speaks is an opportunity to hammer home the facts he quietly doesn't want to hear. You say it enough, troll retreats under the bridge. lol

Its how you bring out the aggy hiding behind a UT screen name.

Reverse whip.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 11:56 AM, UTfish said:

I don't remember anyone saying that on this board. A lot of hope for a better season, yes, but no talk of being ready for an SEC championship, yet. 

When you get knocked down, you hope that when you get back up, you don't get knocked down again. Without that hope, you don't get up. Your message is coming across as advice to just stay down, whether you mean it that way, or not. That's why some are seeing maroon raindrops on our orange parade. 

Have some orange koolaid, my friend. It's free. 🍊 

I wrote that I expect Texas to win 9 games

however 8 wins might be more realistic 

but to you that implies a defeatist attitude?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, java said:

You expect Texas to win 9 games, really?  That many?  Why, can you just imagine thinking that big?

You little dweeb!  That is loser thinking. That’s the way Ags think!  Giving away games before they are played. 

Go Home and let the adults talk football. We enjoy it. Bye, now.  See, you,

I think you are on drugs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, Mac-7 said:

but some people here think Texas is championship caliber in the SEC when we havent even claimed a Big 12 championship in a decade

Who? There's not many of us here so this shouldn't be hard. Which posters think we're SEC championship caliber and what makes you think they feel that way?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was a kid, I used to sit around drawing. Today and throughout my career, I have had to draw. But when I was a kid, I would sit around and draw football players with different uniforms. Initially, I would draw them as they currently were. Then later I started experimenting with making them better.

With Texas, the only change I ever made was taking off the side stripes of the pants. And since they did remove the stripes, I've wanted them back. I'm certain I'll feel that way about the numbers on the pads. I've always liked that look.

But try as I may, and believe me I tried, I could never make maroon and white look good. No design I could make was anything that excited me. I tried using lite gray intermixed. I tried going with mostly white. I tried it all. No matter what, that color scheme was awful.

That is all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

When I was a kid, I used to sit around drawing. Today and throughout my career, I have had to draw. But when I was a kid, I would sit around and draw football players with different uniforms. Initially, I would draw them as they currently were. Then later I started experimenting with making them better.

With Texas, the only change I ever made was taking off the side stripes of the pants. And since they did remove the stripes, I've wanted them back. I'm certain I'll feel that way about the numbers on the pads. I've always liked that look.

But try as I may, and believe me I tried, I could never make maroon and white look good. No design I could make was anything that excited me. I tried using lite gray intermixed. I tried going with mostly white. I tried it all. No matter what, that color scheme was awful.

That is all.

I know what you mean. When somebody posted that screenshot of an aggy website and then everyone kept responding to it so that the aggy color scheme was in 5 straight messages I couldn’t scroll down fast enough. It almost made me sick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...