Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**2022 CWS Baseball Thread**

The top of the 5th started off with a hard hit single to the 9 hole hitter and a walk, putting two on with 0 outs.

A strike out after 2 failed bunt attempts went down as the first out of the inning. A lazy fly ball to short left field for the 2nd out and a weak grounder to 2nd got Hansen out of the jam.

Messinger welcomes the reliever with a 2 run single. Texas up 5-2.

Ardoin pops out on the bunt attempt. Campbell follows with a walk to reload the bases.

Faltine down quick 0-2 but gets hit with a pitch to move the carousel. Texas up 6-2 and AF goes back to the pen.

Hodo hits into a possible inning ending double play (probably not because of his speed) but the 3rd basemen bobbles it and gets no outs. Kennedy follows with a sac fly. 2 on with 2 outs for Melendez who flys outs. 8-2 Texas

Top 6, Hansen gives up a single but that's all. He is at 98 pitches. With the sizable lead, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back out for the 7th to try and save the bullpen as much as possible.

New pitcher for AF in the bottom of the 6th. Messinger collects his 4th hit of the day with a 2 out single. He moves to second on a steal? (hit and run?? but ball was in the dirt). He then scores on an Ardoin double.

Dylan Campbell continues to hit the ball hard, misses a double down the line by a few feet before grounding out to 3rd. 

9-2 Texas end of 6

Hansen gets two outs but then gives up a single and a HBP. He is at 111 pitches. Sean Allen out for a visit prior to what is likely Pete's last batter. 

A RBI single will end Hansens day. Olivarez comes in with runners on 1st and 2nd. 

Nothing doing for the horns in the bottom of the 7th.

Olivarez with 2 strike outs to start the 8th before a grounder bounces off his foot for a single. Grounder to 3rd ends it.

Texas 9-3 M8

Melendez HBP, Stehly with a hard grounder to SS who bobbles and can't get the ball to 2nd before Melendez. Melendez left the bag thinking he was out but a review had been called prior to him leaving the bag. 2 RBI double by Todd. Texas 11-3

11 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Melendez HBP, Stehly with a hard grounder to SS who bobbles and can't get the ball to 2nd before Melendez. Melendez left the bag thinking he was out but a review had been called prior to him leaving the bag. 2 RBI double by Todd. Texas 11-3

To the top of the 9th. Coy Cobb out to close things out. Low pressure inning of work for him

I know that we want to be kind, generous people, but shouldn’t this thread be preserved for posterity.

The ad for Aggieland Outfitters, you know!

I did take a picture just in case. 

14 hours ago, java said:

How many more innings can Olivarez pitch this weekend?  Same with Cobb?

Pretty low stress outings for both yesterday. May not be available today but I could definitely see both being ready for action Sunday.

That is good. Hansen put the team in a great position. 

I am hoping Gordon ate his Wheaties this morning and a raw steak for lunch. Get ‘em tiger!

Hook ‘em!

ps:  Dallas Baptist will be at their best tonight fellas, so bring your A game!  

5 minutes ago, java said:

Another question, how did Huston pitch game after game, closing?

At least it seemed he did. 

He appeared in 39 out of 70 games in 2003 and 31 of 73 in 2004, so about half of the games. He did pitch on average 1.8 innings per appearance. I'm not going to dig too far into it but I imagine he was capable of going back to back days or even 3 in a row in the tournament if needed.

2 hours ago, java said:

That is good. Hansen put the team in a great position. 

I am hoping Gordon ate his Wheaties this morning and a raw steak for lunch. Get ‘em tiger!

Hook ‘em!

ps:  Dallas Baptist will be at their best tonight fellas, so bring your A game!  

And he drank a lot of Gatorade and water to avoid the cramps. 

• joeywa unpinned this topic