Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**2022 CWS Baseball Thread**

53 minutes ago, Mitch Lovell said:

Having a tough time predicting who wins this game. Thinking A&M, how about everyone else?

This may not be the popular opinion but I almost always prefer OU to win instead of A&M. I know a lot of aggies and have to hear from them if they win, I know very few sooners.

One CWS schedule note. Games for our bracket will be today, the 17th, and the 19th. Losers bracket game on the 21st with the last 1 or 2 games the 22nd. 

Even in the loser's bracket, there is a decent amount of rest, but could potentially play 5 games in 6 days. If you win throughout, you would play 3 or 4 games in 6 days. In the regional round, all of these games occur in 4 days.

It's obvious but a 2-0 start is a great advantage. Your entire team would have 3 days of rest, almost all pitchers would be rested and ready if needed. 

Look for a very small number of bullpen arms this weekend - Stevens, Olivarez, Southard, Duplantier, Harrison.

• joeywa unpinned this topic

Just letting y'all know, Aaron asked that we put up a separate OMAHA thread for the games.  I've pinned it at the top.  Feel free to post your CWS-related things in the pinned thread.

HookEm!

On 6/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, Baron said:

No thanks. I would probably be in jail rather quickly.

I have more than a few who do or have worn ankle bracelets. They could tell you what it’s like. 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:16 PM, BWilk55 said:

In other words, if our previous coaches were as good as Pierce (60% rate of CWS), we would be celebrating our 45th trip to Omaha instead of just 38. Please stop with the Coach Pierce and Coach Allen slander, at least until they stop having high levels of post-season success.

B.S. dude. When Pierce starts winning at an nearly 80% clip yearly and nearly a 76% conference rate  and has at least 2 NC titles and multiple NC runner ups to his name maybe I'll  consider giving him a pass. But since you want this game played; tell us why we should consider him anything other than lucky at this point in time. Cliff had nearly a 80% winning percentage overall and a nearly 76% conference winning percentage.   Plus Cliff was at nearly a 60% to the CWS wothout the super regionals with 2 NC. Right now Pierce is nothing more than a coach for the Vikings and Bills. Good for the playoffs, but not as special for a NC or advancing to the CWS world series.

Guess we can bitch about him if we want irregardless of what you said there snowflake.

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

B.S. dude. When Pierce starts winning at an nearly 80% clip yearly and nearly a 76% conference rate  and has at least 2 NC titles and multiple NC runner ups to his name maybe I'll  consider giving him a pass. But since you want this game played; tell us why we should consider him anything other than lucky at this point in time. Cliff had nearly a 80% winning percentage overall and a nearly 76% conference winning percentage.   Plus Cliff was at nearly a 60% to the CWS wothout the super regionals with 2 NC. Right now Pierce is nothing more than a coach for the Vikings and Bills. Good for the playoffs, but not as special for a NC or advancing to the CWS world series.

Guess we can bitch about him if we want irregardless of what you said there snowflake.

First off, we are discussing coaching resumes here, no need to throw around personal insults. If me suggesting Coach Pierce shouldn't be fired makes you that upset, perhaps some introspection is needed.

To be clear, I am not suggesting Pierce is better than Cliff, Falk or Augie. He certainly has a long ways to go in that regard. I am merely suggesting that we shouldn't be calling for his head, 5 years into his tenure, that has included 3 trips to the CWS. 

Augie went to the CWS 8/20 seasons (40%), 7 of those in a very good 12 year stretch that also included 2 NCs. He started and ended his tenure with a couple of not great stretches. Falk made the CWS 10/21 years (47%) and of course won it all twice. Cliff went to the CWS 17 out of 29 seasons, or 58% of the time. If your measuring stick for a quality coach is Cliff, you will likely set yourself up for disappointment. I think college baseball has too much competition and parity these days for teams to regularly win at a 80% clip. 

My opinion, is that at this point, no one should be considering firing Coach Pierce. If he continues to get us to the CWS regularly he'll remain in Austin for a while. If he can add some NCs in that time, his job will certainly be secure. If these first 5 years end up being "lucky" as you suggest, he'll flame out in the next 5 and at that point, I'd agree that we should move on. 

And yes, you are free to complain about him as much as you want. Doesn't offend me in the slightest. Just know, I might disagree with you and respond with my opinions.

Just a few words on my opinion. Have seen any calling for coaches to be fired.

Do think they have made bad decisionsin use of bull pen.Alsoin loss to N D.

IfGordon is on and goesto 7th have a good chanceto beat A$M.

33 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Just a few words on my opinion. Have seen any calling for coaches to be fired.

Do think they have made bad decisionsin use of bull pen.Alsoin loss to N D.

IfGordon is on and goesto 7th have a good chanceto beat A$M.

No, not from you. Definitely some complaints to be made this year, I've made plenty myself.