Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Big12 Baseball Tournament Thread**

Guess still mad at blow out loss to OU. Is the Big tourny so unimportant as to not go all out to win?

If they wanted to win why not start Hansen for 4-5 innings.and had Stevens on deck? Might have won.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Guess still mad at blow out loss to OU. Is the Big tourny so unimportant as to not go all out to win?

If they wanted to win why not start Hansen for 4-5 innings.and had Stevens on deck? Might have won.

Because Hansen might need to pitch two times next weekend. So, you’d want him to be at normal rest or a bit mor. You could have used him an inning today in a close game. Because he wasn’t at normal rest and this was his normal side pitching day.

Most importantly, you want him to start the only tournament that matters on full rest. 

Guess baseball has passed  me by. If a pitcher can not pitch 3-4 innings on Sunday an be rested by Fridayhe must not be in shape.

Little and Pony league pitchers go with thre days rest so do the pros.

Then guess beating OU is not so i portant anymore ( Mack Brown) thinking

Super regional isnot the tourny that counts.

As said before ifyou do notwant to win forfit and reat your pitchers a lot,also do not use a relifer who has been unable to get outs.

26 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Guess baseball has passed  me by. If a pitcher can not pitch 3-4 innings on Sunday an be rested by Fridayhe must not be in shape.

As said before ifyou do notwant to win forfit and reat your pitchers a lot,also do not use a relifer who has been unable to get outs.

No need to go into the super regional with your ace pitcher on short rest. 

The super regional is the tourney that counts. What could be more important than the NCAA tournament? The big 12 tournament is certainly not more important.

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

CWS is the goal and big tourny

Exactly, so don't overextend a pitcher in a Big 12 championship game and potentially hurt your chances in the CWS tournament. If you can't win your regional, you can't make it to the CWS, it is the same tournament ya know?

Guess we will have to disagree on how much rest apitcher needs. Also n beating OU

Just rubs me wrong to get to championship game and coaches hand it to OU on asilver platter

Horns better bring thier bats vs fly boys as will have to out score them.

8 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

For the entire year Hansen has pitched on Fridays. 7 days rest. He threw 100+ pitches on Wednesday.  MLB starting pitchers throw with 4 off days between starts. Which would be today, Monday. Not yesterday Sunday. Next weekend we could need him to pitch twice to get out of the regional. 

College and MLB are not Little league or Pony league.  

41 minutes ago, Wayne said:

For the entire year Hansen has pitched on Fridays. 7 days rest. He threw 100+ pitches on Wednesday.  MLB starting pitchers throw with 4 off days between starts. Which would be today, Monday. Not yesterday Sunday. Next weekend we could need him to pitch twice to get out of the regional. 

College and MLB are not Little league or Pony league.  

Your are right but its where a lot of college abs ML players come from.

Baseball is played basicly on all levels.Managers go more on precentages today.zI have not seen a pro. game in years but as I remember team had 4 starters three days rest. Sain, Spann and rain

Game is over and done. Who made pitching choices should run several laps around field.

Seeyou on friday posting that is.

• joeywa unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Baseball is played basicly on all levels.Managers go more on precentages today.zI have not seen a pro. game in years but as I remember team had 4 starters three days rest. Sain, Spann and rain

Game is over and done. Who made pitching choices should run several laps around field.

MLB teams have 5 starters so that they get 4 days rest at least.

Think we got as about a decent draw as we could have hoped for. No disrespect to LA Tech and Dallas Baptist. But no Arkie, no LSU, and a few others that with their history might be a bigger concern. Plus, if we win the regional we get the winner from the Esst Carolina's region.

Getting to CWS is and has been the goal. Get there and we play most likely the fake UT that we best earlier this year and ousted from the CWS last year.

Now, I get Eastexhorn feeling hate to lose to blowu, and not certain that I would've brought in Nixon but that's on Pierce.  Maybe if they hadn't have gone off like they did, then would we have seen Hansen? Won't know that answer because we would've needed as big an inning(s) as they had.

9 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

MLB teams have 5 starters so that they get 4 days rest at least.

Well said I had not watched  pro game in a while. Loss intrest and when moved to Germany in 1988 havesaw one since.

I remembered 4starters so thought it was still that way. My mistake.

21 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Sain Spahn and pray for rain was from 1948.  That was 74 years ago.  The first year of the CWS was 1947.   There were also a lot of very short careers.  

1948 when baseball was played for love of the game

Early years USC wasbig at CWS , Texas won some LSU brought gorrila ball sort of what Hornsare today

Week end should be interesting, lose one of first two and bullpen managementwill be big.