Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

**Big12 Baseball Tournament Thread**

13 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

More fun to whine, haha.

I think the difficult thing this year is the pre-season expectations compared to where we are now. The Witt injury of course was good reason for a readjustment of expectations but I still can't understand what happened to Stevens, Nixon, Duplantier this season. Nixon and Duplantier aren't even very useful arms at this point. Stevens has been servicable out of the pen but not lights out. With the high expectations of the pitching, had you told me we would be scoring 8 runs a game, I would assume we would be undefeated. 

I'll be rooting and enjoying for the rest of this season but really would like to gain some understanding about the pitching failures at some point.

Duplantier had UCL surgery on his elbow and missed all of 2021 as a result. Coming back from that injury takes time and can be a bit problematic in the first year back. I’ve seen that in a few MLB pitchers. They usually take a couple of years from the surgery to get back to normal. 

2 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

All so true. Hated to get a run like that however I think Texas was going to score the man on 3rd anyway with Melendez at bat.

Very good win. So @joeywa, who do you predict will be the starter on Saturday? 

Yes, not the best way to get a run, but Casey Moser has hosed Texas plenty of times in the past, so to get one back doesn’t really hurt my feelings all that much. Slept like a baby last night, in case you’re wondering. Haha

Saturday starter prediction: Morehouse. 

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

First thanks for the great job you do. Proably a labor of love.

I read your post thatswhy the comment.There is proablemswith the relifers, what who knows. Out of shape, mental. or others.

If a pitcher is in shape there is no reasonif he pitches 1 or2 innings on Tuesday he can not pitch again Sat. if his head is right.

Then what do I know only played some and coached a little.

This was not a shot at your knowledge of the game. Appreciate the banter and dealing with knowledgeable folks. I don’t disagree with the premise on the surface. I don’t think it’s just one thing.  It’s like you said, probably a combination. I do know that when you have multiple midweeks and no sure-fire Tuesday stater to give you 5-6 every Tuesday, you put your bullpen in a hole and that carries over to the weekends. 

52 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Don’t know if y’all saw this, but Sarloos in addition to getting run from the game yesterday, has been suspended two games by the league. I’m certainly no TCU fan, but that’s a BS move by the conference. 

TCU HC Suspension

Wonder what he said on the way out. 

5 hours ago, longhorndon said:

With Arkansas 2&Q in SEC are their host chances in jeopardy?

Regional predictions have shown Texas as a 10 or 11 seed overall with Texas State or Arkansas as the #2 seed in the region.

I'm a bit surprised we ended the season ranked in the 20-25 range, predicted to be a lower #2 seed and then after 2 quality wins, have jumped all the way up to a 10 seed. Makes me think that a couple more wins and we could be pushing for an overall top 8 seed. Or perhaps, the post-season rankings have just been wonky.

4 hours ago, joeywa said:

Don’t know if y’all saw this, but Sarloos in addition to getting run from the game yesterday, has been suspended two games by the league. I’m certainly no TCU fan, but that’s a BS move by the conference. 

TCU HC Suspension

During the broadcast they mentioned that a suspension was not going to be implemented. Wonder what changed?

48 minutes ago, joeywa said:

Horns will face Oklahoma St tomorrow at 9AM Central. Texas needs one win to advance to the conference tournament final. 

What's with the weird hours?

• joeywa unpinned this topic