Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Mack Brown perfect after loss to OU

The stat we all know - Mack Brown is "Cash Money" after an OU loss. Meaning, he ALWAYS beats the team he plays the week after.

Is this streak in jeopardy? I THINK NOT. Stay on the wideouts and put pressure on Weeden. Time to right the ship which is tilting just a wee wee bit.

OSU runs that damn diamond formation much like TCU and it confuses defenses. Texas should stick with the Diaz game plan to hurry Brandon Weeden and make him throw sooner than he would like too. If our defene can get to him early I like our chances. Last week Landry Jones had all day to throw the ball and was not pressured in the least bit.

Some historical perspective.

Since 2000 UT and OU have the same amount of losses at 26. Only Boise State has fewer. Oklahoma after playing Texas, in that same time period has lost 16 games. Texas after playing Oklahoma has lost 14, with 5 of those coming last season.

Texas is also 8-2 in bowl games since 2000 while Oklahoma is 6-5 in that same period.

Last season was a disaster but OU was 8-5 in 2009, when Bob also had a very young team. Now all those youngsters are grown up and it is UT playing 18 freshmen, a school record, but they have only been playing football at Texas since 1893.

Edited by beevomav

If we don't get some quick pressure on Wheeden, he'll pick us apart like Jones did. Jones had pretty much all day to sit in the pocket when required, but he also got the ball out pretty quick most of the day. We HAVE to get pressure on Wheeden or we could be toast again.

NO turnovers for us will also be huge tomorrow. If we can avoid them and have some success running the call, I think we'll be fine. OSU doesn't have nearly the D that OU does, so I feel a lot better heading into tomorrow than I did last week. Let's just hope our young guys can get over last week in a hurry.

The Diaz game plan should be to blitz the hell out of Weeden. I know our pass defense is in the hands youngsters but we must get in his head early. We MUST knock him down a few times in the 1st quarter to let him know we will be coming for him all night!

Weeden is an older dude (I think he is 28 years old) and is more mature than a lot of these guys out there. We just need to avoid a shootout because I don't think Case McAsh can match them point for point. A few turnovers would be nice too.

Mack will play both qb's tomorrow but after tomorrow there will be only one starter. The match up against the Oklahoma State defense will be much more favorable than that of Oklahoma. Texas will move the ball but I doubt our guys have the capacity to run the score up like OSU and Weeden can.

Interesting enough are the reports that Case McCoy is unhappy about splitting time.

Mack will play both qb's tomorrow but after tomorrow there will be only one starter. The match up against the Oklahoma State defense will be much more favorable than that of Oklahoma. Texas will move the ball but I doubt our guys have the capacity to run the score up like OSU and Weeden can.

Interesting enough are the reports that Case McCoy is unhappy about splitting time.

Is that your opinion or did you read that somewhere?

Is that your opinion or did you read that somewhere?

I wouldn't be surprised if Case is unhappy. Mack needs to pick a guy and stay with him. We all remember the Simms/ Applewhite controversy. If it's Ash then let's roll with him. If it's McCoy let's roll with him. I do know that if one of these guys transfer because of lack of playing time then we are screwed.