Find results in...

***Texas Baseball vs Oklahoma State Weekend Game Thread***

B6

Campbell leadoff double, Daly draws a walk

Faltine KS

Hodo walks, bases loaded

Ok St goes to the pen

Todd KS

Melendez robbed of a bloop base hit in LF by the Ok St SS over-the-shoulder basket catch.

Horns leave em loaded, trail 0-10 thru 6 complete

10 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Other than our pitching & hitting, this team is pretty good!

@joeywa, you're a better fan than me. I have to clip my toenails or something like that. Maybe we can salvage a game at home tomorrow. 

God bless,

I'm blaming you if there are toenails coming at me during my dreams the next few nights? 🤣

We really needed to win this series. Not totally blaming the ump, but my god some strikes were balls, and some balls that were called strikes were balls.  Not certain, that it would have made difference, but Trey gave up and out on 7 balls as did another guy after him.

Top offense  my ass; the offense is more like the Rangers and the Pitching is more than 1 pitcher being missed. Lots of mental blocks .

18 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

If you noticed in the 9th they mentioned Texas giving up no walks than Nixon hits the batter on what would have been ball 4. Never seems to fail that if you mention something, it happens.

Great point, I was coming on here to state something similar. I've stated this before but Nixon's confidence appears to have been shattered at Tech when that runner stole home. 

I did noticed, and was so pissed about that. Especially  after the plunking of the 1st batter. Was hoping that would happen to OSU.  

They need to be told that they werr bad for business this weekend after the Saturday game and they posted that we were 11 in seeding currently in regional  and Okie Lite  was 16. That might change after this weekend.

Might have to see the prices for the Big 12 tournament  in Arlington in a couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

They need to be told that they werr bad for business this weekend after the Saturday game and they posted that we were 11 in seeding currently in regional  and Okie Lite  was 16. That might change after this weekend.

That will change. Texas was flat out embarrassed yesterday. We may not even be seeded at the end of the season.

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

We really needed to win this series. Not totally blaming the ump, but my god some strikes were balls, and some balls that were called strikes were balls.  Not certain, that it would have made difference, but Trey gave up and out on 7 balls as did another guy after him.

Top offense  my ass; the offense is more like the Rangers and the Pitching is more than 1 pitcher being missed. Lots of mental blocks .

In the 6th when okie lite put up 7 runs with 2 outs, Tristan got screwed on a call that should have ended the inning w/no damage done. Granted it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game but that "ball" was definitely a "strike" for the 3rd out!

B1

Hodo leadoff double

Moves to 3B on Todd ground out

Melendez KS on a nasty slider

Stehly up, and with a 2-2 count, BALK plates Hodo

Stehly flies out to CF, but Horns on the board

Texas leads 1-0, thru 1

T2

Gordon gives up a bloop single into shallow RCF

He then Ks the next 2 and gets a ground out to end it

Lucas w/4 Ks thru 2 frames

Horns up 1-0 headed B2

B2

So a lengthy delay in B2

OSU starting P grabs his back like he's tweaked something warming up

Trainer and HC come out and they start checking the mound and grounds crew comes out to work on a damp/muddy landing spot.

OSU P tosses a few more warmup pitches, and its determined that he can't go.

OSU calls on their closer, Martin to come into the game to start B2

Ardoin leads off with a HR to LCF

Messinger follows with a HR to LCF

Campbell follows with a HR to LF; B2B2B HRs to open the 2nd

Horns up 4-0

B2 cont

Daly F9; 1 out

Faltine KL; 2 outs

Hodo doubles into RF

Todd BB

Melendez gets a bloop single into RF; RBI

Stehly F4 in shallow CF ends it.