Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seeking dog breeder info

My wife's dog, a Maltese-Pomeranian mix (Maltipom), passed away a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about getting her another dog but don't know what's out there. I would consider a Maltese but not necessarily a maltipom. I'm also thinking about getting a male Scottish Terrier (I already have a female). I know a breeder if I go that route. But I don't know anyone who breeds Maltese or perhaps another type of small dog.

Any ideas guys?

3 hours ago, PTA said:

If you ever need a sheep breeder, College Station has an entire campus.

If we ever go to war with Malta, we will find abundant Maltese dogs being held hostage by the ice cream men at aggy.

Remember the Afghanistan episode, when they went into animal husbandry and took all the Afghan hounds hostage after our troops went into Afghanistan.

Let me see if I have can find a reliable breeder. If 20 years  ago, i would probably have no issues, but since my dad retired almost 20 years ago and my uncle passed away a few months, although, he wasn't  in the know as my dad was with breeders. Most of them either are no longer breeders, not trusted breeders, and/or no longer breathing breeders it may take  some time.

You live in the northern part of what is now known as the metroplex between Dallas and Fort Worth. I only knew the metroplex as Hurst-Bedford-Euless when I grew up and Keller and cities north weren't that welll known. Grapevine and Lewisville were known due to their lakes.  

So, if you live in Lewisville  will help me with small  dog breeders.

8 hours ago, david ficken said:

You live in the northern part of what is now known as the metroplex between Dallas and Fort Worth. I only knew the metroplex as Hurst-Bedford-Euless when I grew up and Keller and cities north weren't that welll known. Grapevine and Lewisville were known due to their lakes.  

So, if you live in Lewisville  will help me with small  dog breeders.

Yeah, I'm in Lewisville. I don't when the last time you were in the Metroplex, but the burbs north, east and west of Dallas are now the real Metroplex. Dallas is just a place where crime has been legalized and most try to avoid. I have had to consider sending my crews, when they go to Dallas, to have a chaperone who will watch our equipment while the crew is working. Dallas DA only prosecutes theft over $750, effectively legalizing theft in Dallas.

We still do business in Dallas but when I drive through there it's pretty depressing. Nothing like the city it once was. 

Keller, Colleyville, Southlake, Trophy Club, Frisco, McKinney are all communities that have boomed in growth and money. McKinney has a population of 224,000 now days, and climbing.

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, I'm in Lewisville. I don't when the last time you were in the Metroplex, but the burbs north, east and west of Dallas are now the real Metroplex. Dallas is just a place where crime has been legalized and most try to avoid. I have had to consider sending my crews, when they go to Dallas, to have a chaperone who will watch our equipment while the crew is working. Dallas DA only prosecutes theft over $750, effectively legalizing theft in Dallas.

We still do business in Dallas but when I drive through there it's pretty depressing. Nothing like the city it once was. 

Keller, Colleyville, Southlake, Trophy Club, Frisco, McKinney are all communities that have boomed in growth and money. McKinney has a population of 224,000 now days, and climbing.

I'm  in NRH, North Richland Hills. It was sort of a typo in mid-cities, but over 40+yrs in the area, and the growth is crazy. 

Yes, I hate the Dallas DA, but haven't ever had the desire to move into the Dallas county due to the racist comments coming from the counsel both current and past and the lack of power from the mayor of Dallas.

I do know, but still working to verify a couple of breeders. 1 is in Keller over 30 yrs. never heard of them, but heard from a few rescues/groomers that I  know have. The others no one has, and then there are the puppy mills which no one should use or trust.  I also don't trust PetSmart, Petland, and other places thst sell dogs and other animals other than fish.

9 hours ago, david ficken said:

I'm  in NRH, North Richland Hills. It was sort of a typo in mid-cities, but over 40+yrs in the area, and the growth is crazy. 

Yes, I hate the Dallas DA, but haven't ever had the desire to move into the Dallas county due to the racist comments coming from the counsel both current and past and the lack of power from the mayor of Dallas.

I do know, but still working to verify a couple of breeders. 1 is in Keller over 30 yrs. never heard of them, but heard from a few rescues/groomers that I  know have. The others no one has, and then there are the puppy mills which no one should use or trust.  I also don't trust PetSmart, Petland, and other places thst sell dogs and other animals other than fish.

Preach it brutha

Whatever you can find out, I appreciate it. But don't go out of your way. I'm going to let several months go by for her to mourn before I spring a new puppy on her. And there's probably a waiting list for the breeders. 

I bought a Scottie Terrier puppy from a breeder in Granbury about this time last year. One option I have is to just go get another Scottie.