Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Disappointed with recruiting

Seems like we are concentrating on skill positions to much.We know we are going in SEC and games are won in trenches.   Texas is down big  men on OL &DL . Seems like high caliber players are out of state. 22 class was good but this 23.

13 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

Seems like we are concentrating on skill positions to much.We know we are going in SEC and games are won in trenches.   Texas is down big  men on OL &DL . Seems like high caliber players are out of state. 22 class was good but this 23.

We're 8 months and a football season out from signing day.  A little early to be disappointed.    

4 minutes ago, Wayne said:

We're 8 months and a football season out from signing day.  A little early to be disappointed.    

Hope ur right, May,June evaluations will be big but they should already be on radar. 

Man, you are early with the doom and gloom.  This recruiting team has shown they are willing to wait, to get the best, and that's what they did in '22.  I am confident they will repeat the process ... IF they have a solid first 3 games.  If not, you may be - and I hate to even go there - right.  But let's wait a minute.  Heck, it's been over a decade since good was really good so ...

26 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

On July 2nd we got our first two oline commitments for the 22 class. In December we added 5 more. 

In my opinion Kyle Flood proved this last cycle he could recruit blue chips to Texas. 

We are coming off 5-7 . The OL we got last year 6 out 7 were in state. Very good year for OL in Tx. Not in 2023. Two were committed to Oregon before head coach left.

I think we're in great shape. Expecting 2-3 to be in the bag by now is just being spoiled.

There are at least two that I know want to commit, but will visit a couple other places first. No big deal.

Because we put together an OL class for the ages last year allows us to be a little picky this year. I wouldn't sweat it.

Once Arch commits, just duck.

We signed 7 OL last year and 8 d-linemen. Those are some big classes at those positions and we will most definitely see a smaller signing class overall and at these positions this year. It seems like we have a a good number of serious and high ranked targets on both lines. I'm not worried about being able to close the deal with 3-5 quality targets on both sides of the line. 

5 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

So you’re saying I should put this away?

Kool Aid 90S GIF

3 hours ago, Brad Usrey said:

We are coming off 5-7 . The OL we got last year 6 out 7 were in state. Very good year for OL in Tx. Not in 2023. Two were committed to Oregon before head coach left.

We were coming off 5-7 when we signed the 2022 class.

If we consistently get the best from Texas even in a down year they’re pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Mack Brown hasn't been the coach here in a decade. Patience my boy!! Put some Ws on the board this year and the flood gates are going to open. We will be fine.

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Wisner and Niblet were excellent pick ups, both 4-stars

Totally agree. Today kid's want to see where the top players and are going to wait before making decisions. Plus we haven't even done any OV unless I missed something.  The days of coach February, Mack Brown, are over.  Getting a couple of 4 stars at skill positions should be an insight that some want in before the flood gates open if Manning chooses us amd they are takes  by both Sark and the position coaches. 

Just think if VY was in today's  world of HS football and came out saying that he wasn't announcing until the U.S. Army All-American bowl and lots of these kids wanted to wait to play with him?  

10 hours ago, david ficken said:

Totally agree. Today kid's want to see where the top players and are going to wait before making decisions. Plus we haven't even done any OV unless I missed something.  The days of coach February, Mack Brown, are over.  Getting a couple of 4 stars at skill positions should be an insight that some want in before the flood gates open if Manning chooses us amd they are takes  by both Sark and the position coaches. 

Just think if VY was in today's  world of HS football and came out saying that he wasn't announcing until the U.S. Army All-American bowl and lots of these kids wanted to wait to play with him?  

Isn't this class supposed to top out at 22-23? I thought I read that somewhere, due to the higher numbers last year?

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Isn't this class supposed to top out at 22-23? I thought I read that somewhere, due to the higher numbers last year?

Can take 25 depends on how mNy leave. 15 Srs. plus attrition.

On 4/25/2022 at 9:42 AM, Brad Usrey said:

Call me around signing day in Dec. . . . 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:42 AM, Brad Usrey said:

So, we have offered 20 wrs to 16 Tackles and and 7 IOL. Some how Sewell, Shanahan, Reed, Deal, Chatman, Cojoe ( guess I sould talk to a co-owner about him since the co-owner use to own and operate the little league in Mansfield and his son graduated from Timberview if not mistaken), and Stroh. Only Cojoe is a 3 star the rest are 4 stars in state.  DL is at 24 offers. Again we will get the right ones to go with what we just took.  7 OL and if not mistaken  we just took 7 DL, DEs/edges as well.

You want the Mack Brown, coach February crap, and these kids won't commit on your time?  Calm down and let the coaches do their jobs and lets see where we are at in December. 

6 hours ago, david ficken said:

So, we have offered 20 wrs to 16 Tackles and and 7 IOL. Some how Sewell, Shanahan, Reed, Deal, Chatman, Cojoe ( guess I sould talk to a co-owner about him since the co-owner use to own and operate the little league in Mansfield and his son graduated from Timberview if not mistaken), and Stroh. Only Cojoe is a 3 star the rest are 4 stars in state.  DL is at 24 offers. Again we will get the right ones to go with what we just took.  7 OL and if not mistaken  we just took 7 DL, DEs/edges as well.

You want the Mack Brown, coach February crap, and these kids won't commit on your time?  Calm down and let the coaches do their jobs and lets see where we are at in December. 

@Brad Usreyseemed pretty calm to me. And I'm not aware that he is doing anything to interfere with the coaches doing their jobs 😉

6 hours ago, david ficken said:

Except maybe Sewell and he is IOL. Shanahan hasn't sniff campus yet. Yes 4* but  low 4*.  Tjink Cole Hutson was lowest graded last year,granted we had bumper crop last year. Marquis  Deal & Sewll are only comps& Deal wants play D.🤘