Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How would you feel if Texas won just one game in March Madness?

17 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Sooooooo...anyone still claiming disappointment?

Loved they way they played the 2nd half minus the play by Brock towards the end. They continue to play like that and they can surprise some people along the way.

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Loved they way they played the 2nd half minus the play by Brock towards the end. They continue to play like that and they can surprise some people along the way.

Well, perhaps we would surprise Purdue but it won't be any surprise if we beat St. Peter's. A win today would be huge as we would be big favorites to make the Elite Eight!

On 3/10/2022 at 3:42 PM, Big Daddy Cane said:

I feel anything less than Sweet 16 is a failure for this season. I do like what he is building for the future, but winning 1 more game than Shaka did would not move the needle much for me. Again for this year, going forward I am optimistic in what he is building.

Beard and co got one win while Shaka was embarrassed again in the first round. I feel better about Beard than Shaka, that I know.

After a couple of days reflection, I have these thoughts. 
They lost to a better Purdue team but man did they play their butts off. The dreaded scoring drought and fouls did them in IMHO. 
I think this team reached their peak. They were over hyped a bit preseason. 
One of the things I look for is a team getting better over the course of the season. I think this team did and that is good coaching. Getting Ramey to buy in to being  the shut down defender is good coaching. 
One poster pointed out a while back that most of the transfers came from teams that were not successful. That is a huge factor that I know I overlooked going into the season. There is something to knowing how to win. 
So thanks to those guys for a good season. I feel good about the future and I’m glad the expectation level for the program has been raised, as it should, at The University of Texas. 
Can’t wait till next year!!

Also, as a former track athlete, gotta plug my guys… NATIONAL CHAMPIONS INDOOR TRACK 🤘🏼

6 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

After a couple of days reflection, I have these thoughts. 
They lost to a better Purdue team but man did they play their butts off. The dreaded scoring drought and fouls did them in IMHO. 
I think this team reached their peak. They were over hyped a bit preseason. 
One of the things I look for is a team getting better over the course of the season. I think this team did and that is good coaching. Getting Ramey to buy in to being  the shut down defender is good coaching. 
One poster pointed out a while back that most of the transfers came from teams that were not successful. That is a huge factor that I know I overlooked going into the season. There is something to knowing how to win. 
So thanks to those guys for a good season. I feel good about the future and I’m glad the expectation level for the program has been raised, as it should, at The University of Texas. 
Can’t wait till next year!!

Also, as a former track athlete, gotta plug my guys… NATIONAL CHAMPIONS INDOOR TRACK 🤘🏼

My thoughts exactly.