Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas baseball checks in at #1 in the D1baseball preseason top 25

Expectations are sky high for Texas baseball following a trip to the College World Series in 2021. The Longhorns have been ranked as the #1 team in the country heading into the 2022 season, according to D1baseball.com.

Texas returns much of their roster from the 2021 season, including Pete Hansen, Tanner Witt, Tristan Stevens, Ivan Melendez, Mitchell Daly, Trey Faltine, Eric Kennedy, Doug Hodo and Silas Ardoin. The Longhorns will also welcome back Austin Todd and Andre Duplantier from injuries.

Texas kicks off the 2022 season at Disch Falk Field on February 18th as they open a 3-game series against Rice.

I am so excited. I just hope they televise on LHN. I am concerned they are slowly weaning us from being able to watch live men’s events.

Texas Baseball on TV is awesome, just not as good as the real thing.

btw, how is our pitching depth, joey?  Will enjoy watching Austin Todd, again, know he’s not a pitcher.  👀

Go, Horns!

3 hours ago, java said:

I am so excited. I just hope they televise on LHN. I am concerned they are slowly weaning us from being able to watch live men’s events.

btw, how is our pitching depth, joey?  Will enjoy watching Austin Todd, again, know he’s not a pitcher.  👀

Go, Horns!

Look for a starting rotation including RS Sophomore Pete Hansen (1.88 ERA), Sophomore Tanner Witt (3.16 ERA), and RS Senior Tristan Stevens (ERA 3.31). Aaron Nixon will be the likely closer (2.12 ERA with 1 strike out per inning). Andre Duplantier showed a lot of promise 2 years ago after missing last year due to surgery. Jared Southard threw 10 perfect innings in relief (12 appearances). Lucas Gordon was also an effective reliever, 3.32 ERA over 21 innings. Coy Cobb has a lot of experience but has not been as effective after a solid freshmen year. 

Joshua Stewart joins the team this year as a highly touted freshmen. 

5 hours ago, java said:

Go, Horns!

@BWilk55had a good overview of pitching. To say this team is loaded with arms would be an understatement. I think Witt will be the Friday night guy when it all shakes out. 
As far as LHN, per usual, most all of the Texas games at the Disch will likely be available on LHN. Away games will be a mixed bag, most of which will be shown on ESPN+ streaming. I would think that only a couple of games the entire season will not be available via television/stream.  Possibly a PPV series or two on the road. Texas Baseball fans have been very fortunate when it comes to being able to watch the team play. Add to that the crew of Swindell and Moreland in the booth for most home games, and it’s easily the best setup in the country.  

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited myself for the season, very close with football as my favorite. Was an unbelievable season last year and unexpected that they went that deep. They were one out away from probably winning the title again as it looked like Vandy was no match for either team.