• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anwar Richardson is a moron

Mac-7

3 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

Oh, ok

that team would get murdered today by a decent high school team

That 1893 team was pretty salty, my friend.

They finished off that season with 3 shutouts by a combined score of 80-0. And in the first game of the season they defeated the vaunted Dallas Football Club 18-16. What's notable about that game is that was the first time the DFC team had been scored on, much less defeated. They beat them again in the last game of the season by a score of 16-0. 

20 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

My brother caddied for “the Mick” at Cedar Creek golf club. I had a beer or two with him in the 19th hole. I will never forget his rippled forearms.

Here's my Mickey Mantle story.

I'm at the Byron Nelson golf tournament back in the day and I look over and The Mick is standing behind one of the tee boxes with Murphy Martin, a local newscaster. Nobody is around so I casually stroll over and ask Mr. Mantle if he would sign my program.

He starts to sign it, looks up and here come some other kids looking for an autograph. He hands me my program back and says he's not going to stand here and do this and walks off. I looked on my program and all I had was a capital M and that's it. 

I promised myself right then and there that I would never refuse to give anyone an autograph if they asked. And, still to this day, no one has ever asked me for an autograph. Well, unless you count the few cops who have "requested" my autograph 😉

My Mickey Mantle story: I was about 12 I guess, and my friends and I bowled in a kids league at the Mickey Mantle Bowling Alley in Dallas. We won the league and Mickey asked us our name and autographed a baseball for each of us. My mother sold the ball at a church bazaar, but only after she asked me if she could. I wish I still had it but I've had two home burglaries over the years so it probably would be long gone by now anyway.

When I was a kid, I went to a baseball clinic that featured Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford.  Mick was pushing a new batting machine his neighbor was trying to sell to local little league programs.  It was basically a lawn mower motor that spun a baseball on a rope.  You would stand there and hit the ball and it would spin the ball back up…you could hit it over and over and never chase a ball.

I literally had Mickey Mantle coach me hitting the ball.  As a bonus, I even pitched to Whitey Ford and he gave me some tips.

At the end of the day, they signed some autographs.  I got them to sign my glove.  That’s right, I had a glove with Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford’s autograph.  What happened to it? Well, it was my glove. I used it everyday to play ball. After a month you could barely read the names.  I traced over it a couple of times but eventually they were gone.

it was a different time then…memorabilia wasn’t a thing. We put baseball cards in the spokes of our bicycles.  I sure wish I still had that glove though…I’ll bet it would be worth something.

3 hours ago, Grandpa Zorro said:

When I was a kid, I went to a baseball clinic that featured Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford.  Mick was pushing a new batting machine his neighbor was trying to sell to local little league programs.  It was basically a lawn mower motor that spun a baseball on a rope.  You would stand there and hit the ball and it would spin the ball back up…you could hit it over and over and never chase a ball.

I literally had Mickey Mantle coach me hitting the ball.  As a bonus, I even pitched to Whitey Ford and he gave me some tips.

At the end of the day, they signed some autographs.  I got them to sign my glove.  That’s right, I had a glove with Mickey Mantle and Whitey Ford’s autograph.  What happened to it? Well, it was my glove. I used it everyday to play ball. After a month you could barely read the names.  I traced over it a couple of times but eventually they were gone.

it was a different time then…memorabilia wasn’t a thing. We put baseball cards in the spokes of our bicycles.  I sure wish I still had that glove though…I’ll bet it would be worth something.

We put the baseball cards in our spokes so our bikes would sound like this bad machine...200.gif

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

And we never wore helmets. I'm not sure anyone made helmets for bikes back then. lol

Could you imagine the ridicule if you had worn a protective device?

7 minutes ago, Baron said:

Could you imagine the ridicule if you had worn a protective device?

Too many reflectors would get you ridiculed.

Riding a girls bike would get you ridiculed.

Not having a banana seat would get you ridiculed.

White wall bike tires would get you ridiculed.

Having a squeeze horn would get you ridiculed.

Am I missing any? lol

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Too many reflectors would get you ridiculed.

Riding a girls bike would get you ridiculed.

Not having a banana seat would get you ridiculed.

White wall bike tires would get you ridiculed.

Having a squeeze horn would get you ridiculed.

Am I missing any? lol

Having a handle bar basket and a pump seat