Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2024 Recruiting Board/Thread

Sirhornsalot

59 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't see Weisner playing much slot with this being JWhitt's last year, unless JWhitt gets hurt.

I trust Sark and staff will be able to work out the numbers.

Belive JWhitt has a covi. year but doubt if he uses it. And Sark will work out numbers. Belive this will be small class low number of seniors.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't see Weisner playing much slot with this being JWhitt's last year, unless JWhitt gets hurt.

I trust Sark and staff will be able to work out the numbers.

I figure Wisner redshirts. Too much ahead of him at slot and RB.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Belive JWhitt has a covi. year but doubt if he uses it. And Sark will work out numbers. Belive this will be small class low number of seniors.

I'm no longer worried about numbers, Sark has proven he can make it work.

14 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I did not include JWhitt in my returning WR count.

Doubt if room for thre WRS.

I do not worry about numbers either.If you discuss recruiting have to mention numbers.

I keep hearing JWhitt is returning. I think we would have had an announcement by now if he were leaving.

8 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm old school. When you offer a kid a scholarship, do they follow that with a comma and "sorta?"

I hope we're not into that. 

I agree but todays football is not what it was. There is proably over 100 offers out and not room for a third of them.

Heard tales of players trying to commit and was told to wait.

Staff will work it out whether right or wrong. So many offers it hard to keep up with. I think I will cut my list to top three at each position. And ones I think might commit.Easier to keep up with.

4 hours ago, Baron said:

I'm no longer worried about numbers, Sark has proven he can make it work.

This is the way...

So many changes with transfers, etc. The lifting of the initial counter restrictions. Just doesn't make much sense to worry about numbers these days.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm sorry, maybe I'm old school. When you offer a kid a scholarship, do they follow that with a comma and "sorta?"

I hope we're not into that. 

Yes they offers kids and they would not take their commit. Has always happened.  It also happens they take a commitment and then process them out as well. The only REAL offer goes out later. Only the kids who can really commit get the aka real official offer. The verbal offer is basically useless.  

On numbers the 85 limit (except for the covie year is in effect) . Must be at 85 sometime in August.

I expect to see 4-5 portals after spring practice, depends how some preform. And about three who have no chance of playing.

14 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Yes they offers kids and they would not take their commit. Has always happened.  It also happens they take a commitment and then process them out as well. The only REAL offer goes out later. Only the kids who can really commit get the aka real official offer. The verbal offer is basically useless.  

So when each of these recruits Tweet out "I'm so blessed to be offered by the University of Texas" . . it's all a sham and the joke is on them and in reality, they have nothing at all to feel good about?

6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So when each of these recruits Tweet out "I'm so blessed to be offered by the University of Texas" . . it's all a sham and the joke is on them and in reality, they have nothing at all to feel good about?

Yes. 

It’s similar to the recruits tweeting “I’m 100% committed to _________” and then a better offer comes along and they tweet “I first want to thank blah blah blah….. with that being said I am decommitting”

It’s just a bunch of drama and lies.