Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Reports: Andre Coleman out as WR coach

Steve Sarkisian filled a vacant spot on his staff yesterday with the addition of Tashard Choice as the new RB coach, but the staff additions do not appear to be done. Horns247 reported earlier this evening that WR coach Andre Coleman is being let go and not expected to return to Steve Sarkisian's staff.

Coleman was retained by Sarkisian after serving as the wide receivers coach on Tom Herman's staff in 2020. Prior to his time at Texas, Coleman spent 6 years at Kansas State as the wide receivers and served as the offensive coordinator in 2018. 

This was always my thought on Coleman. Didn't seem to be great at developing the talent we had on campus. Didn't seem to do a great job in recruiting. So, what exactly is the value of him on the staff?

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering Herman was apparently a micromanager of the WR room and recruiting but that excuse went out the window this year. We really failed to see much development of the guys on campus and aside from Brennan Thompson, really whiffed in recruiting despite multiple top tier targets. 

what-would-you-say-you-do-here-interview.gif

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

This was always my thought on Coleman. Didn't seem to be great at developing the talent we had on campus. Didn't seem to do a great job in recruiting. So, what exactly is the value of him on the staff?

He's being canned for his recruiting shortcomings, mostly, IMO. X kicked ass as a freshman. Position coaches are expected to recruit well.

52 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

Marion would be an intriguing hire. Young, high energy, good recruiter and is considered someone who is on a fast track to an OC role.

A move like this would be an indication to me that Sark is able to handle different offensive views and concepts. A sign of growth imo and hopefully will help take the offense to a higher level. If he is a stud recruiter too then get the man hired in time for Christmas. New Years at the latest.😂

6 hours ago, Jameson McCausland said:

Not something I would air out in public on social media. But yes, Coleman was definitely not known as the best recruiter and probably didn't have a good relationship with trainers around the state.

Makes you wonder. Assuming this is true, either these are rescent problems or Sark didn't do his homework before he decided to retain him.