Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

National Signing Day 1 Thread

7 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

It’s been a long long time that I have come away from signing day fully pleased/happy.  Usually we lose several recruits that flip away from us or recruits thats down to us and a couple of other schools and we never get them.  I don’t know how many of those hat announcements I have watched that haven’t been Texas but it’s a bunch.  I always coming away like I’ve kissed my sister.   I never thought I would see we get flips from Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio St.  Kids and parents are really liking the message and direction that this staff is going.  

Well said. 

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We need another lock-down CB to make it a pair. Paging Denver Harris.

We need another big human on the OL. Paging Devon Campbell.

We need a LB in the worst way. Early PT here. Please pick up Mr Perkins.

I wonder if there is a plug and play type LB we have a shot at in the portal.  

Wrong thread I suppose.  

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We need another lock-down CB to make it a pair. Paging Denver Harris.

We need another big human on the OL. Paging Devon Campbell.

We need a LB in the worst way. Early PT here. Please pick up Mr Perkins.

Hasn’t Perkins been considered a strong Aggie lean for some time?

So, we signed  27. Leaving 6 open spots how and what does this staff think:

1: OL- Campbell; but could use a 2nd if Greene signed with us today, but is waiting for the all star game either UA or All-American Army game.

1: DL: Obor, but if the staff decides that Sanders should split time at TE/DE, then this stays open.

1: LB- Perkins, only because he is a 5 star that is a difference maker either  against the run and as a pass rusher.

That leaves 3 open spots.

WR: would A. Hall (portal via AL), Mims (portsl via OK), and/or Wease(portal via OK) work for anyone? Or is it Stewart (not holding my breath)? Or does Brice and Red work for us?

BD: Watts( seems we lead here) could play multiple spots, Harris- could be the 2nd best corner after all is said and done behind Brooks. Possibly  the corner from AL that is from TX also here.

Lots of possibilities here with the final 6 spots. But this staff has done a better job of fixing lots of issues then the Jackass Mensa known as Herman ever did. No wonder all the talent never worked out, but hey we got 4 4* wrs with warm bodies on the OL and we got the greatest supposedly most awesome DB group woth warm bodies at the DL.

Now, we findout whether Sark's  vision and ability to have coaches and S&C coaches build the kids up and findout if the vision and their coaching abilities are what we are paying them actually is.

I would say the vision starts now. They might have thought they knew what they had last year, but again Coburn, Sweat, and Ojomo along with The kid from ND and Overshown  MUST show improvement across the board to stay on the roster.  The OL with Karic, Garth, and Jones showing anything of a heartbeat to be a 2nd string right now will help. Guessing that center and right guard are good right now, but these freshmen will make big time pushes at all those positions except center.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

According to TFB, Evan Stewart will announce/sign on Friday. As of now, TFB says there is growing confidence on the Texas side. This comes from two different sources for TFB.

They said, of course, all that could change on a dime tomorrow. lol

What TFB seeing here??? Stewart probably sticks there. 

8 hours ago, david ficken said:

So, we signed  27. Leaving 6 open spots how and what does this staff think:

1: OL- Campbell; but could use a 2nd if Greene signed with us today, but is waiting for the all star game either UA or All-American Army game.

1: DL: Obor, but if the staff decides that Sanders should split time at TE/DE, then this stays open.

1: LB- Perkins, only because he is a 5 star that is a difference maker either  against the run and as a pass rusher.

That leaves 3 open spots.

WR: would A. Hall (portal via AL), Mims (portsl via OK), and/or Wease(portal via OK) work for anyone? Or is it Stewart (not holding my breath)? Or does Brice and Red work for us?

BD: Watts( seems we lead here) could play multiple spots, Harris- could be the 2nd best corner after all is said and done behind Brooks. Possibly  the corner from AL that is from TX also here.

Lots of possibilities here with the final 6 spots. But this staff has done a better job of fixing lots of issues then the Jackass Mensa known as Herman ever did. No wonder all the talent never worked out, but hey we got 4 4* wrs with warm bodies on the OL and we got the greatest supposedly most awesome DB group woth warm bodies at the DL.

Now, we findout whether Sark's  vision and ability to have coaches and S&C coaches build the kids up and findout if the vision and their coaching abilities are what we are paying them actually is.

I would say the vision starts now. They might have thought they knew what they had last year, but again Coburn, Sweat, and Ojomo along with The kid from ND and Overshown  MUST show improvement across the board to stay on the roster.  The OL with Karic, Garth, and Jones showing anything of a heartbeat to be a 2nd string right now will help. Guessing that center and right guard are good right now, but these freshmen will make big time pushes at all those positions except center.

I think you take any or all of Campbell, Abor and Perkins, no matter what. They are all a notch above the rest.

Bryce and Red aren't enough and they're not ready. So we must score on the portal at WR. Have a hard time seeing Mims or Wease coming here. There's got to be somebody though. Sark found Worthy last year. I have faith he can do it again.

Watts is trending Texas and will likely win a CB spot or nickel.

The vision is unfolding every day. We as fans don't see it all because we're not there, but the players do. Until now though, I wonder if they were even looking to see that vision. I think now they have to.

The Sark we know today now has tremendous talent to work with and could turn this thing around starting next year. The year after should be very interesting. Accumulated talent, experience, and a Sark who isn't limited in his play calling anymore.

3 minutes ago, jrcruz1026 said:

I would bet money that Evans, Perkins, and Harris all go to Aggie, they will have the best class to sign in the modern history of recruitment; Evans was literally on a call with Aggie recruits (now signees) last night; he ain't coming to Texas

Perkins is a lock to Aggie in my opinion. Stewart will win an all time troll award if he signs with us. I think we still have a good shot with Harris. 

Well ags probably have their best recruiting in history and it probably cost them a pretty good amount of cash. 

This reminds of the time they paid Jimbo an insane amount of money 10 year 75 million.  What did they get for it? 

Kevin Sumlin 2.0

I would tell any ag relatives not to be booking NC just yet