Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

State Finals games

Sirhornsalot

I might try to catch that DV vs GPNS game. Liberty Hill vs SOC should be good, too. Guyer & Westlake, Gilmer vs China Spring. Anybody else going to a game?

6A Div 1

Duncanville vs GP North Shore (rematch from last year)

6A Div 2

Denton Guyer vs Austin Westlake

5A Div 1

Katy Paetow vs College Station

5A Div 2

Liberty Hill vs Dallas South Oak Cliff

4A Div 1

Stephenville vs Austin LBJ

4A Div 2

Gilmer vs China Spring

3A Div 1

Brock vs Lorena

3A Div 2

Franklin vs Gunter

2A Div 1

Hawley vs Shiner

2A Div 2

Stratford vs Falls City

Going to watch from the couch since Dallas is a long way from Austin. Rooting for Westlake, Liberty Hill and Austin LBJ (local teams).

Speaking of Westlake, was I the only one who wasn't all that impressed with their QB yesterday? He threw several balls that should have been INTs if Katy DBs could catch the ball. Like they say, if DBs could catch, they'd be WRs.

4 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

Going to watch from the couch since Dallas is a long way from Austin. Rooting for Westlake, Liberty Hill and Austin LBJ (local teams).

Speaking of Westlake, was I the only one who wasn't all that impressed with their QB yesterday? He threw several balls that should have been INTs if Katy DBs could catch the ball. Like they say, if DBs could catch, they'd be WRs.

I think they're playing at JerryWorld, as always. Correct me if I'm wrong.

19 hours ago, david ficken said:

Wasn't last year in Houston, so it should be at Jerry World this year. 

Thought that last year's 6A division 1 game: Dodge (SLC) vs. Dodge (Westlake) ?

Fox sports  southwest is usually carrying all or most all of the games.

I honestly can't remember. I wish they would occasionally play it at our place in Austin. Good exposure for high school kids and UT.

5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I honestly can't remember. I wish they would occasionally play it at our place in Austin. Good exposure for high school kids and UT.

Didn't they use to play some of the state final games in Austin like 30-40 years ago?  Not all the games done over a week like they do now.  I just remember the guy that he and I  co-own his son was on the Mansfield team, think it was Mansfield Timberlake?, went to the state finals that was in Houston. That was like 5 yrs. ago.  That's why I ask about where the games were played. Yes, playing them at Jerry World, aka the death star, is probably a highlight for most of these high school kids and parents that like/love the Cowboys.

The two teams used to pick where they would play. Then UIL decided to play all the games at one location awhile back. 

Houston, San Antonio and Dallas have all had turns. But AT&T has consistently produced the highest attendances and surprisingly is always the average shortest distance for the 3 locations. 

On 12/14/2021 at 12:23 AM, david ficken said:

Didn't they use to play some of the state final games in Austin like 30-40 years ago?  Not all the games done over a week like they do now.  I just remember the guy that he and I  co-own his son was on the Mansfield team, think it was Mansfield Timberlake?, went to the state finals that was in Houston. That was like 5 yrs. ago.  That's why I ask about where the games were played. Yes, playing them at Jerry World, aka the death star, is probably a highlight for most of these high school kids and parents that like/love the Cowboys.

I saw Midland Lee (w/Cedric Benson) beat Westlake (w/Huston Street) at DKR back in 2000. I remember Benson running right over Street one time, Street didn't stand a chance in that match-up! In fairness to Street, I'd bet Benson wouldn't get too many hits off him if he had to bat against him.

Another fact about that game, Texas had a home basketball game and Barnes was very upset more fans went to watch that game than see his team play that day.

7 hours ago, tejasrulz said:

I saw Midland Lee (w/Cedric Benson) beat Westlake (w/Huston Street) at DKR back in 2000. I remember Benson running right over Street one time, Street didn't stand a chance in that match-up! In fairness to Street, I'd bet Benson wouldn't get too many hits off him if he had to bat against him.

Another fact about that game, Texas had a home basketball game and Barnes was very upset more fans went to watch that game than see his team play that day.

Okay. Cool. Didn't  think i have forgotten what I've seen. It is different now witu Fox sportswest and their 8 different  versions of Fox Sportwest on direct TV now to show different on going sports at the ssme time.

Yes, I would go the the high  school champshionship game over the BBall game unless we werr playing UConn, UL, or one of the other upper end teams that weekend.  Especially with Benson and Street playing. It's great to know that both ended up at Texas and helped Texas out.