Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Riley to usc

tejasrulz

14 hours ago, zion3d said:

I don’t quite get the Brian Kelly thing unless you are speaking in terms of him leaving a proper Catholic institution to a college in a state and college that is mostly Catholic but more an improper version.  Money seems to have the ability to make a freshly bathed man jump into a mud pit but football is football and I suspect that Brian Kelly will find more success at LSU than Sark will at Texas.

I get it.  He has found his ceiling at ND (get to the tournament and get your a$$ handed to you).  The ND recruiting restrictions limit the talent he can recruit.  There are no recruiting restrictions (except can you breath) at LSU.  Kelly will find out at LSUs expense what his ceiling is.

16 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I get Riley to USC. But LSU's Kelly hire is a strange fit.

I thought we did swing for the fences last year. We hired Sark. The people danced.

I am underwhelmed by kelly also 

but all I really care about at this point is Texas

and the fat one at Orange Bloods is very critical that Sark is not taking advantage of the portal enough

I sure hope he is wrong

9 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Sark brougt in 7-8 guys throu portal last year looks like he is useing it ok.

Not according to the critics

they claim he only claimed average players who contributed very little during the season when he needed impact plays you make an immediate difference 

for myself I dont know who is right

but I hope the critic at Orange Bloods is wrong

7 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Who did he say were impact players we whiffed on?

Thats what I'd ask. The portal was a new thing last year so participation in the first year wasn't what it will be this year.

So who did they say would have been better than what we got? And why didn't these same people speak up back then?

Perhaps its because they had no idea who would pan out or not – and hindsight makes them feel mighty.

7 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

I agree

but I’ll feel more confident when Sark lives up to the hype as an offensive wunderkind

He really already has. His play calling, at times, has been phenomenal. He showed you what many called the best offense ever at Alabama, when he had the weapons to work with.

Its there, but I understand why you don't see it.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He really already has. His play calling, at times, has been phenomenal. He showed you what many called the best offense ever at Alabama, when he had the weapons to work with.

Its there, but I understand why you don't see it.

I am waiting to see it

this season was historically bad and it cant all be blaimed on the players

so Sark better get the lead out

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Thats what I'd ask. The portal was a new thing last year so participation in the first year wasn't what it will be this year.

So who did they say would have been better than what we got? And why didn't these same people speak up back then?

Perhaps its because they had no idea who would pan out or not – and hindsight makes them feel mighty.

I think Orange Bloods is looking for premier starters at other schools, preferably seniors, who for whatever reason, want to transfer

which is asking a lot, but they do exist

2 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

I think Orange Bloods is looking for premier starters at other schools, preferably seniors, who for whatever reason, want to transfer

which is asking a lot, but they do exist

lol, create a standard that doesn't exist and then expect everyone to live up to it.

Yeah, that probably comes straight from buddha.

2 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

He didnt mention names but rather that Texas was moving slowly or not at all on players that Budha considers necessary for a quick turnaround next year

The problem is, you can't trust Budha's evaluations and knowledge. He knows nothing. Anwar has proven to be more knowledgable of his craft.

Just now, J.B. TexasEx said:

If the players can't execute what's called, it's also a play calling issue. You should know that. But, carry on as Sark's apologist and self-appointed press secretary.

No, I shouldn't. Namely because you just invented that.

A play calling issue involves the plays being called, hence the name/term.

Execution deals specifically with how those plays are carried out.

It doesn't take a press secretary to know the difference.

I don't know what you're searching for here. If you want to fire the guy after one season, that's your right to think that. Otherwise, what on earth are you proposing happens? Thats what you never want to get to it seems.

Sark apologist, lol.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

No, I shouldn't. Namely because you just invented that.

A play calling issue involves the plays being called, hence the name/term.

Execution deals specifically with how those plays are carried out.

It doesn't take a press secretary to know the difference.

I don't know what you're searching for here. If you want to fire the guy after one season, that's your right to think that. Otherwise, what on earth are you proposing happens? Thats what you never want to get to it seems.

Sark apologist, lol.

All you need are pom-poms and skirt! LOL

Yeah, I would've fired Sark after this season because he just matched CFS's worst. 

I didn't "invent" anything and I don't need a vocabulary lesson from you. You don't appear to understand how game planning is supposed to work. A good coach will call plays he knows his team can execute. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Hence, my assertion that we got off to a few quick starts but performed poorly in the 2nd Halves bc no real adjustments were made.