Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Riley to usc


tejasrulz
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

I agree ou sucks tears are great. But I am jealous in one sense…  I wish we had had a coach that another team wanted to poach in the last 12 years or so. 

They hit home runs in back to back head coaching hires. Here's hoping it begins a  decade long "wandering the wilderness" age. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

They hit home runs in back to back head coaching hires. Here's hoping it begins decade long "wandering the wilderness" age. Lol

To be fair, they hired Lincoln on different terms.  Not only did Lincoln have a couple years learning about the program as OC, Stoops also didn't run the program into the ground before handing off the baton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

As a former QB, you missed by a mile. You're ALWAYS aware of that guy behind you. Competition breeds excellence at all positions, including QB. You're the better option partly because you have to be.

I don't think you'll find a single coach in the land who will coach a WR to go get clocked for a pass. The extent of their effort, aka those extraordinary things, is up to the player.

Maybe you should be asking instead of asserting.

 

Man... you seem to like to get into these silly fights.   Every time you do this I end up trying to explain that you’re arguing against things in didn’t say.  It’s exhausting.  You come across as petulant and snarky.

With regard to QB, I just disagree.  You don’t want athletes using fine motor skills to be afraid of losing their jobs... or even to get too pumped up.  It hurts performance.  It helps if you are using gross motor skills (linemen and defensive players for instance).   Example.... if you’re walking down a dark alley, and a pit Bull startles you, you’ll have incredible speed getting to your car (gross motor skills) but have a hard time getting the key in the door (fine motor skills).   If you disagree that’s cool.  No need to get snarky or respond with 8 “lol’s.”

And (sigh)I never said coaches teach a WR to “go get clocked for a pass.”  You “asserted” that or pulled it out of an orifice.   Coaches expect WRs to go up for a pass in traffic, and / or expect them to focus on the ball when they know a hit is coming.  This may require motivation. 

Yes I know you played QB... can we just disagree and be nice? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 83Dee said:

Man... you seem to like to get into these silly fights.   Every time you do this I end up trying to explain that you’re arguing against things in didn’t say.  It’s exhausting.  You come across as petulant and snarky.

With regard to QB, I just disagree.  You don’t want athletes using fine motor skills to be afraid of losing their jobs... or even to get too pumped up.  It hurts performance.  It helps if you are using gross motor skills (linemen and defensive players for instance).   Example.... if you’re walking down a dark alley, and a pit Bull startles you, you’ll have incredible speed getting to your car (gross motor skills) but have a hard time getting the key in the door (fine motor skills).   If you disagree that’s cool.  No need to get snarky or respond with 8 “lol’s.”

And (sigh)I never said coaches teach a WR to “go get clocked for a pass.”  You “asserted” that or pulled it out of an orifice.   Coaches expect WRs to go up for a pass in traffic, and / or expect them to focus on the ball when they know a hit is coming.  This may require motivation. 

Yes I know you played QB... can we just disagree and be nice? 

 

I'm going to just let you think that. I paraphrased what you said, I wasn't attempting to quote you. But they meant the same.

Before this gets further snarky, I'll just let this go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, 

There are pictures from OU people on other websites including the free forum on OB showing Riley, the OL coach, the S&C coach, and Grinch and a couple of other defensive coaches leaving OKC pr Will Rogers airport for LA.

Looks like any OL players at OU or committed or leaning that way will look in a different  direction. Offensive skill players will look or probably head west, but the defensive players or commits will look elsewhere. 

I'm still waiting to hear from the guy that is in the AD offices that I meet when doing biometric/health screenings for several colleges and see what some of the scouts from the NFL that I've meet doing the same for different teams to cover health insurance companies needs.

But it seems that Riley never would or wanted to go to the SEC and the LSU spending $12 million was to call a certain college  bluff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mac-7 said:

This is good news for Texas and horrible news for OU

My first thought was how many OU star players will lincoln riley take with him to USC?

and how many 5 star recruits will de commit from OU and go somewhere else?

the next 3 weeks will be very fateful for the Sooners program next year and beyond

So true, this is a pivotal time for OU. I keep hearing Venables' name thrown around. Thats not a very sexy name for them to be looking at.

Venables was almost run out of town at one point while he was at OU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

So true, this is a pivotal time for OU. I keep hearing Venables' name thrown around. Thats not a very sexy name for them to be looking at.

Venables was almost run out of town at one point while he was at OU.

I think the cupboard will be pretty bare for the next coach, whoever it is

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mac-7 said:

This is good news for Texas and horrible news for OU

My first thought was how many OU star players will lincoln riley take with him to USC?

and how many 5 star recruits will de commit from OU and go somewhere else?

the next 3 weeks will be very fateful for the Sooners program next year and beyond

I think that is why they brought Bobby back so quickly and would not be shocked to see him stick around. He will be able to hold much of the class together imo. The big news will be who they will name to run the offense. Some around these parts have speculated handing it to Cale Gundy but I do not believe that would generate any excitement in the fan base or recruits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NEOkHorn said:

I think that is why they brought Bobby back so quickly and would not be shocked to see him stick around. He will be able to hold much of the class together imo. The big news will be who they will name to run the offense. Some around these parts have speculated handing it to Cale Gundy but I do not believe that would generate any excitement in the fan base or recruits. 

In my opinion there is no silver lining in this dark cloud

unless they get urban meyer the next coach rightly or wrongly will viewed as a step down from riley

and a lot of good players are leaving

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it amazing that both USC and LSU hit it out of the park with their HC hires.  Both men love or hate them know how to win and have proved it on the field and their coaching record proves it.  I wish we would have swung for the fences last year.  We will see if OU continues with their ability to hire the right coach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, zion3d said:

I find it amazing that both USC and LSU hit it out of the park with their HC hires.  Both men love or hate them know how to win and have proved it on the field and their coaching record proves it.  I wish we would have swung for the fences last year.  We will see if OU continues with their ability to hire the right coach.

I get Riley to USC. But LSU's Kelly hire is a strange fit.

I thought we did swing for the fences last year. We hired Sark. The people danced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t quite get the Brian Kelly thing unless you are speaking in terms of him leaving a proper Catholic institution to a college in a state and college that is mostly Catholic but more an improper version.  Money seems to have the ability to make a freshly bathed man jump into a mud pit but football is football and I suspect that Brian Kelly will find more success at LSU than Sark will at Texas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zion3d said:

I don’t quite get the Brian Kelly thing unless you are speaking in terms of him leaving a proper Catholic institution to a state and college that is mostly Catholic but more an improper version.  Money seems to have the ability to make a freshly bathed man jump into a mud pit but football is football and I suspect that Brian Kelly will find more success at LSU than Sark will at Texas.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...