Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Help me out here TFloss. I'm having a hard time getting fired up about this recruit.

5'10? How will he see the backfield with 6'6 and 6'7 OL in front of him? Yeah, I remember Bobino and he was small. But I'm wondering how much of a factor he can be with us.

Yea, someone is going to have to explain to me why I should get the least bit excited about a recruit that is down to choosing between us and a school from the American Athletic Conference. 

7 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Yea, someone is going to have to explain to me why I should get the least bit excited about a recruit that is down to choosing between us and a school from the American Athletic Conference. 

Didn’t he have offers from Aggie and Auburn? 

I've  tried 24/7 with no luck on who else has offered. Seems to only show us as a favorite.  Doess he fit in with Richardson, Gbenda, and Ford? On the inside taking  over for Bush and Brockermeyer? With Overshown with no backup or is Ovie now a backup at one of the linebacker spots still? With him as a edge rusher as a starter?

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Help me out here TFloss. I'm having a hard time getting fired up about this recruit.

5'10? How will he see the backfield with 6'6 and 6'7 OL in front of him? Yeah, I remember Bobino and he was small. But I'm wondering how much of a factor he can be with us.

How did the short Poona guy work out for us?

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

Dat Nguyen could play a little too.... roughly the same size and position (sorry to reference Aggie).

I suppose it’s measurables + James Madison = raised eyebrow

This won't be a popular opinion, but I have no idea why Overshown seems to have a permanent spot at linebacker regardless of performance in actual games.  Perhaps that’s the other side of over-valuing measurables (height & speed)?

18 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. 

I really in this case don’t think him being 5’11” matters. This is a graduate transfer that the coaches think can come in for a year and help the position out. They might do something different if this was a kid in high school. A grad transfer is a stop gap measure to bring in depth until they can recruit better at the position. I’ve watched his film and he seems to run good and he plays pissed off. He’s definitely not scared of contact. I hope we get him. 

16 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Low risk, high reward at a position of need. You gain nothing by keeping the scholarship in your pocket. Smoke 'em if you got 'em..

6 hours ago, Wayne said:

You're right. Short guy did okay at NT so sure, that truly means a LB will have the same fortune.

Hey, if one short guy at a different position can make it, then they all can at all positions I suppose.

3 hours ago, TexCoyote said:

I really in this case don’t think him being 5’11” matters. This is a graduate transfer that the coaches think can come in for a year and help the position out. They might do something different if this was a kid in high school. A grad transfer is a stop gap measure to bring in depth until they can recruit better at the position. I’ve watched his film and he seems to run good and he plays pissed off. He’s definitely not scared of contact. I hope we get him. 

Let's not grow him on the board. He's 5'10.

I am the same weight as this guy and an inch taller.