Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

17 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Spot will be needed next years class has 14 srs. so will be smaller.

We could be losing some Juniors as well.
I’ve heard some schools have players who go to the NFL after their Junior year. Rumor is they hold a “draft” and professional teams select players from different schools to join their team. It might be something a school has to sign up for in order to participate. 😏

5 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I’ve heard some schools have players who go to the NFL after their Junior year. Rumor is they hold a “draft” and professional teams select players from different schools to join their team. It might be something a school has to sign up for in order to participate. 😏

🤔

6 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

It has nor happened at Texas in so long I forgot about this. Good chancea RB and a WR might do this IMO.

Ifa sr. transfer spot would still be open for next year.

40 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cane said:

Is the USC visit still on?

Last odds I saw on IT were 96 % USC  4 % Texas hopeflyvisit ans moneychanged this.

Manning 60 % Texas  26 % Geo,

12 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

It has nor happened at Texas in so long I forgot about this. Good chancea RB and a WR might do this IMO.

Ifa sr. transfer spot would still be open for next year.

Lots can happen between now and next May/August.  My guess is like this year there will be some players who they decide are not worth keeping and will be forced out.  No telling how big the 2023 class will be, but probably significantly bigger  then what you get by counting seniors and players likely to leave early for the NFL.

There will always be attrition but too much is bad for a team, need a strong class of srs. and jrs. to win big.

One can only count what spacesare available. Slow right now no recruits to commit and DCTF mag is a monthaway?

24 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

There will always be attrition but too much is bad for a team, need a strong class of srs. and jrs. to win big.

One can only count what spacesare available. Slow right now no recruits to commit and DCTF mag is a monthaway?

The best case is all of the players are able to develop and improve and no attrition.  Unfortunately some players don't pan out and are unable to make enough progress or show enough potential to help the team.  The nature of our new more competitive environment is they need to aggressively optimize the roster, or be at a competitive disadvantage. 

11 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

The recruiting landscape has changed. The quicker we accept it the better. We can cry about the portal if we want or take advantage of it. Recruiting has never been an issue at Texas. Development and the revolving door of coaches has. With the portal we can get "pre-developed" talent. Guys that already have some skins on the wall that you can pretty much plug and play. We have deep pockets and it plays into our favor if we just take advantage. We also have a coaching staff with credibility and again with the deep pockets they can stay for a while. Maybe that formula will result in more Ws and we won't suck anymore... Just my 2 cents!

13 hours ago, texbound said:

dog-and-pony-show.jpg.68cdd349417bb7cd7d2040e54e187652.jpg

Call me a pessimist, but if the USC visit happens then he will not leave SoCal without committing to them. If that happens then he was never really interested and was putting on a show to take the heat off of a decision already made before he entered the portal.  That is just one guys opinion.

That could very well happen. Or, it could be organic, too. Its not hard to like what you see at UT, would you agree? Playing in Sark's offense is equivalent to Riley. Would you agree? 

But still, it indeed could be a set up to facilitate and cover for a pre-agreed destination.

6 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yes a offer from a school has a new meaning. Sometimes the predevloped talent is another coaches headache.

Running offfreshmen or they leavingdoes not leave much time for devlopment.

I might agree with you a little but in Texas case more half the guys that are transferring are either going down a level or are not getting an offer. Keeping them wouldn’t make us better unless we want to go down a level. 

52 minutes ago, Wayne said:

I might agree with you a little but in Texas case more half the guys that are transferring are either going down a level or are not getting an offer. Keeping them wouldn’t make us better unless we want to go down a level. 

Going down a level? After last year thats rock bottom. Except for a couple of Vince years Texas hasnot been elite since Akers. Maybe the McCoy years.