Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Would we take him if he wanted to come? At the expense of possible OL or LB help?

I think Sark would have to, but I haven't seen anything yet other than that one article saying Texas will be in it.

Texas may be trying to pursue quietly since USC has been accused of tampering.

Here's what a poster on another site says about Worthy and Barron. Poster claims to have a son on the team who he says is not good enough to get NIL money. 

Hall, the Bama WR transfer got paid 150-250k with 50k up front. Worthy's family threatened to enter the portal if they didn’t get a new deal in writing. Even submitted paperwork. Texas tried to give a vague commitment but eventually gave X’s family want they wanted so they rescinded their transfer request.

Barron submitted his info to the portal for the same reason. He has been offered multiple 6 figure NIL deals through 3rd parties. He asked Texas to match but they are slow playing it asking him to rescind his portal request first.Barron’s family has reluctantly decided to move forward with entering the portal. A couple of Big 12 schools have multiple 6 figure packages waiting for him along with some PAC 12 and SEC schools.

11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Would we take him if he wanted to come? At the expense of possible OL or LB help?

We need big uglies

I can’t help but believe the NCAA is trying to prove a point to various State legislative bodies. If you will recall the states basically forced the NCAA’s hand on NIL. What better way to prove it was a bad idea than to roll it out with very little, if any, guidance or parameters. They know programs skirt well defined rules so obviously you would be opening Pandora’s box 
or maybe the NCAA is just that stupid 

Hard to really support college football near as much as I used to.  Before, I had a common bond with a UT football player as we both fell in love with UT and wanted to be a part of of it.  

Now you don’t know if a player loves UT the way you do (or did) or is it all because of a paycheck?  College teams won’t earn a NC anymore.  It will simply go to the highest bidder.  

10 minutes ago, UT1983 said:

Hard to really support college football near as much as I used to.  Before, I had a common bond with a UT football player as we both fell in love with UT and wanted to be a part of of it.  

Now you don’t know if a player loves UT the way you do (or did) or is it all because of a paycheck?  College teams won’t earn a NC anymore.  It will simply go to the highest bidder.  

Like the NFL,NBA, and MLB, I’m pretty much done with it.

More time to hunt and fish.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Agree, but this is about way more than Saban. The NCAA should have been given the power to do something about it. But they really don't. Thats a different story though.

Riley has already shown how this gets ugly. He's recruiting other teams' players. Unethical is a nice way of putting it. I've heard Saban has done some of that, too.

But this is utter chaos. No rules. No enforcement. Dog and pony show. Start carving the headstone now.

It definitely needs major changes overall, but I just find it funny when specific coaches get upset about things they've been taking advantage of for a long time.

19 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

It definitely needs major changes overall, but I just find it funny when specific coaches get upset about things they've been taking advantage of for a long time.

I agree that it definitely needs some parameters around it but put the money into the hands that make it.

44 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

I take satisfaction anytime Saban is upset. lol

23 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

I agree that it definitely needs some parameters around it but put the money into the hands that make it.

But you're also putting money into the hands that don't make it. Imagine the OL has a 100K "salary" from UT.

Tyler Johnson would have left with $400K and achieved absolutely nothing and helped UT in no way, other than being a tackling dummy.

9 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

I think Sark would have to, but I haven't seen anything yet other than that one article saying Texas will be in it.

Texas may be trying to pursue quietly since USC has been accused of tampering.

Hey TFloss,

There  was a poster on the Orangebloods free board showing a Twitter post, but I don't know if it's a trusted source as it has been since deleted. The person was suppose to be a NCAA insider,  but I'm not certain. This person claimed that Red has a NIL deal north of $5M for Addison to come to Texas. Don't  want to repost as not certain of the person and with the post being deleted shortly after being posted. 

That's more than any F350 I know of.  I`ll if I can get the name of the person that 1st posted it and let you know. 

3 hours ago, david ficken said:

Hey TFloss,

There  was a poster on the Orangebloods free board showing a Twitter post, but I don't know if it's a trusted source as it has been since deleted. The person was suppose to be a NCAA insider,  but I'm not certain. This person claimed that Red has a NIL deal north of $5M for Addison to come to Texas. Don't  want to repost as not certain of the person and with the post being deleted shortly after being posted. 

That's more than any F350 I know of.  I`ll if I can get the name of the person that 1st posted it and let you know. 

If that's true, where was Red when we really needed Mathis?

5 hours ago, david ficken said:

Hey TFloss,

I didn’t see the post on twitter but I did hear the same thing yesterday. 

Help me out here.....It was my understanding that each player could only enter the portal once......forever. That would make the guys make the right deal and then live with it until  his time at the school ran out....unless he graduates with remaining eligibility.