Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News


Sirhornsalot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

IT followed up again this evening on the player (thought to be Barron) who is contemplating leaving the program, and there's still no agreement in place one way or the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT followed up again this evening on the player (thought to be Barron) who is contemplating leaving the program, and there's still no agreement in place one way or the other.

This all seems to be hearsay.... No one truly knows whats going on.... Some people are saying hes removing his name, others are saying theres a deal now theres no deal. Seems like the "insiders" really have no idea whats going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

This was supposedly USC.

 

I guess if you make rules, but have no set harsh penalties or enforcement methods it's inevitable that some coaches are going to break the rules and see what the spineless toothless NCAA does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

This was supposedly USC.

 

Whoa there T. Didn't Riley just say a day ago that there needs to be some guidelines? This type of system abuse could not possibly be the work of such a man/coach of integrity.

Katy Perry Reaction GIF

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like CDC needs to quit fund raising for facility donations and funnel everything into a NIL fund. Seems like we could raise $50 million a year. Give the top players $1 million+ and the lower level guys $100k. USC, UGA, aggy, etc have figured out how, why can't we? Ask permission later. We know the NCAA won't do anything about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Whoa there T. Didn't Riley just say a day ago that there needs to be some guidelines? This type of system abuse could not possibly be the work of such a man/coach of integrity.

Katy Perry Reaction GIF

 

I never wish ill will to anyone, but I gotta say that if anyone deserves to have a run of awful luck it is absolutely LR. I hope he has major turmoil in that locker room and they can't get things right. I wish we could just isolate LR from the players so they don't have the bad luck, but we can't.  He is quickly becoming a despicable human being. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking about the Impacts of NIL and free agency have on college football.

I think for big time programs like TX that will mostly benefit the fan's will voice displeasure at where things are at, but mostly hold their noses and continue to watch.

Smaller schools will find it much harder to compete causing some fan's to lose interest. This will cause smaller schools to be at an even bigger disadvantage. Considering football is already a financial drain on smaller schools it seems inevitable that some will have to drop down to a lower division. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

This was supposedly USC.

 

When did it become ok for coaches of a program to contact players at another program? Hasn't that always been a violation?  The fact that it's happening and no one seem to even want to do anything about it is low key disturbing.  Hell that's considered tampering at the NFL level.  It absolutely should not happen at the college level.  Even with NIL in place...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

When did it become ok for coaches of a program to contact players at another program? Hasn't that always been a violation?  The fact that it's happening and no one seem to even want to do anything about it is low key disturbing.  Hell that's considered tampering at the NFL level.  It absolutely should not happen at the college level.  Even with NIL in place...

I'm guessing it's not direct contact from coaches. More likely 3rd party contact acting on behalf of coaches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I'm guessing it's not direct contact from coaches. More likely 3rd party contact acting on behalf of coaches. 

I agree. The net is the same, so unless there is a significant penalty this will only get worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
16 hours ago, NEOkHorn said:

Whoa there T. Didn't Riley just say a day ago that there needs to be some guidelines? This type of system abuse could not possibly be the work of such a man/coach of integrity.

Katy Perry Reaction GIF

 

Hearing guys like Riley, Saban and Dabo complain about the current landscape is rich.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I didn't want to post anything until one of the other sites did, but I noticed WR Agiye Hall took down his Texas commitment tweet a few days after saying he was going to Texas.

IT reporting this morning things may be a little shaky there, but they checked on it this morning and he's still on track to enroll with Sark and staff staying on top of things with his family and former high school coach.

One positive sign on the staff's confidence here is their lack of effort to retain WR Marcus Washington.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Hearing guys like Riley, Saban and Dabo complain about the current landscape is rich.

Except that they're right (except Riley, who is as dishonest as they come). At this current trajectory, college football will be ruined in short order. 

When you have to recruit your own players to stay because other teams are trying to pry them away from you – the system is broken.

USC laid out a 6-figure deal for Xavier Worthy. USC does this because the NCAA is toothless.

It is clear to me that whoever dreamed this stuff up didn't think it through very well and we'll be lucky if they act quick enough to save this American past time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
11 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Except that they're right (except Riley, who is as dishonest as they come). At this current trajectory, college football will be ruined in short order. 

When you have to recruit your own players to stay because other teams are trying to pry them away from you – the system is broken.

USC laid out a 6-figure deal for Xavier Worthy. USC does this because the NCAA is toothless.

It is clear to me that whoever dreamed this stuff up didn't think it through very well and we'll be lucky if they act quick enough to save this American past time.

Saban's real problem revolves around the idea that he's been paying players for years allowing him to assemble elite rosters that never miss the playoffs, and now that's being disrupted in the Wild West of recruiting.

It's like him complaining about high-powered spread offenses that wore out his defense, and how that was bad for college football too.

He doesn't want any single advantage he has over the competition to be taken away.

Saban isn't wrong here, but his statements aren't genuine as it's analogous to a politician throwing a fit over someone else doing something he's been doing for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

Saban's real problem revolves around the idea that he's been paying players for years allowing him to assemble elite rosters that never miss the playoffs, and now that's being disrupted in the Wild West of recruiting.

It's like him complaining about high-powered spread offenses that wore out his defense, and how that was bad for college football too.

He doesn't want any single advantage he has over the competition to be taken away.

Saban isn't wrong here, but his statements aren't genuine as it's analogous to a politician throwing a fit over someone else doing something he's been doing for years.

Agree, but this is about way more than Saban. The NCAA should have been given the power to do something about it. But they really don't. Thats a different story though.

Riley has already shown how this gets ugly. He's recruiting other teams' players. Unethical is a nice way of putting it. I've heard Saban has done some of that, too.

But this is utter chaos. No rules. No enforcement. Dog and pony show. Start carving the headstone now.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...