Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

3 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

IT saying Texas is looking at Iowa State transfer WR Tarique Milton.

They're hearing they're also "looking at other positions and multiple players in the portal, primarily on defense."

https://247sports.com/player/tarique-milton-89849/

99 receptions in 4 years at Iowa State. 69 in his first 2 years and only 15 in each of his junior and senior years.

Wonder if he's really fast because those stats sure don't jump off the page at you. 

13 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

I am highly skeptical of this one. 

Same here.....however, I watch and follow college football because of the purity and the NFL is just lost.  The way NIL is being run (I know Texas should do it) is looking more and more like NFL Lite. I'm starting to get turned off.

Whelp, I guess it's time to start my BASEFootketball League and get sports right again.  Who is with me?

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, dssl said:

An interesting non development is that Jaylon Guibeau has not entered the portal.  Hopefully he is able get things worked out.

IT reported a few days ago there was a second incident with Guilbeau, but he isn't transferring.

We'll see what the summer brings for him.

14 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

This is funny after all of the Mathis stuff.

So is there a loophole where Mathis can back out of his commitment now, or has a situation like this even been considered? If it even makes a difference to him. 

3 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

IT confirmed WR Marcus Washington has entered the portal.

Bummed by this if he does leave. He won't ever be a high volume receiver but I think a great culture guy and one of the best blocking WRs we have. 

Sark is loading up on Ferraris at the WR position so maybe there isn't room for this muscle car.

2 hours ago, TFloss32 said:

Correct, nobody is reporting Barron is transferring.

They’re saying he’s in on another board. No Proof or anyways of looking it up. 

roach just added more but I can’t see it since I’m not a member 

TFB says that a player we have has put his name in the portal. This name was not revealed but they said it was significant. They've spoken to people close to him and it appears this player will withdraw his name from the portal and stay at Texas.

They were just warning that the name will possibly show up before tomorrow is over. There is a two-day grace period for portal applicants to get processed. So we're still going to see some names trickle out. They said it was not necessary to be too alarmed about what we might see.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

TFB says that a player we have has put his name in the portal. This name was not revealed but they said it was significant. They've spoken to people close to him and it appears this player will withdraw his name from the portal and stay at Texas.

They were just warning that the name will possibly show up before tomorrow is over. There is a two-day grace period for portal applicants to get processed. So we're still going to see some names trickle out. They said it was not necessary to be too alarmed about what we might see.

Several sites are speculating on this. Worthy and Barron are the 2 names I'm seeing the most. If you can believe what you read, Worthy has received offers without even being in the portal. 

12 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If I was an elite player that felt under compensated and it wasn't addressed to my satisfaction I would enter the portal.  It forces the team to work harder to get you the deal you deserve,  or leaves you the option to explore your other options.

It's a very different labor market for these athletes then in the past. It's awesome for these elite athletes,  less awesome for the fans and the sport.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, T-ShirtHorn said:

They’re saying he’s in on another board. No Proof or anyways of looking it up. 

roach just added more but I can’t see it since I’m not a member 

OrangeBloods said this morning he was considering it, and now 247 says it's still not certain what he's doing.

The reports are quite confusing they way they're worded because Barron would need to be in the transfer portal by now if he was leaving.

Your guess is as good as mine, but wanted to clarify for everyone I'm not seeing that Barron is definitely IN the portal.

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Several sites are speculating on this. Worthy and Barron are the 2 names I'm seeing the most. If you can believe what you read, Worthy has received offers without even being in the portal. 

Yeah, they might want to address that. You shouldn't be able to recruit players from other teams.

28 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Yeah, they might want to address that. You shouldn't be able to recruit players from other teams.

That is exactly what i'm saying about all this BS.  The NCAA needs to get off they're ass and stop F'ing around with little BS and develop some kind of rules system. Most Worthless governing body on the earth.

30 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

There has to be some kind of penalty for tampering.

Given the severity of what Frost just received, maybe the NCAA will look into something harsh like giving offending coaches a timeout or maybe sitting them in the corner for a couple hours.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF