Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

14 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Everyone knew some players would leave to reach the 85 limit.

I find it odd that somewho left were Sark re ruits. Poor evalution or the lesstalented players in a crowded room.

Seems to me one year is not much time for development. Then some one signedtoo many at that position

Someone said one can not change coaches ever twoorthree years. Same goes for players they do not develop in a year.

This is how I see it with the players Sark signed who enter the portal. Most of us can probably relate to the scenario. 

18 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I am not wringing my hands. Just pointing out Sark let some of his on recruits go after one year.  JJust wondering why and will this effect recruiting..

Key board is messing up i type nothing then a few minutes words appear. At least it not freezing up.

Maybe they weren’t asked to leave.  

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

From another poster:

Bobby Burton says we almost lost someone to the portal yesterday. But we got him paid. Didn't say who

Unfortunately, I think we're going to see a lot more of this across the whole college landscape. Kids who did not get an NIL deal or did not get enough to satisfy them. I don't like it, but it is what it is now.

From TFB this evening (paraphrased)

SuperK knows of some aggressive behavior from some programs, whom have extended offers (and NIL incentive) via back channels to some of our top shelf players. Deadline to jump into the portal is tonight.

He also heard that plans are in the works at Texas for NIL. It will be announced in the near future.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

SuperK knows of some aggressive behavior from some programs, whom have extended offers (and NIL incentive) via back channels to some of our top shelf players. Deadline to jump into the portal is tonight.

He also heard that plans are in the works at Texas for NIL. It will be announced in the near future.

From what I've  heard there is a certain "B----" in the compliance department that has made the football stuff a bigger issue than what it should be.  They are certainly working to get multiple positions "x" amount  of money to go with the 100k and there are those that would add to the 100k to make it upto 300k for all players, but the compliance department has to sign off on stuff.

6 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

SuperK knows of some aggressive behavior from some programs, whom have extended offers (and NIL incentive) via back channels to some of our top shelf players. 

IMHO top shelf player should be able to determine if they are under compensated vs "equivalent" players from other schools.  If a school can't get the top shelf player a competitive package the player should explore his options.

The result isn't a good look, and gives a big advantage to teams that can put more NIL money on the table, but from a top shelf players perspective it seems completely reasonable. 

College football is now a de facto NFL2.0 where players can play for whatever team they want and teams can pay whatever they want for talent.  All this means is there will be a few mega teams that can honestly compete and all the rest may very well drop out and form a true amateur athletics conference or drop football all together.

I am finding college football less and less different from the NFL.  Not going to be as much fun and may just find something else to do Saturday if this continues on its present course.  

7 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Although not a fan of the NIL stuff, is it just me or does or seem like Texas continues to be more reactive than proactive on this stuff? Almost like: “oh, crap, someone is poaching our players, let’s get something working on NIL money.” Then we hear that it will be announced soon. By then, it may be too late. Just asking.