Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

On 4/29/2022 at 3:55 PM, bctex1106 said:

The entire concept of "brand" doesn't carry weight anymore. W's on the field and NIL is how the war will be won. Currently, Texas is losing on both. 

Cough cough. 

Everyone knew some players would leave to reach the 85 limit.

I find it odd that somewho left were Sark re ruits. Poor evalution or the lesstalented players in a crowded room.

Seems to me one year is not much time for development. Then some one signedtoo many at that position

Someone said one can not change coaches ever twoorthree years. Same goes for players they do not develop in a year.

36 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I find it odd that somewho left were Sark re ruits. Poor evalution or the lesstalented players in a crowded room.

Seems to me one year is not much time for development. Then some one signedtoo many at that position

Someone said one can not change coaches ever twoorthree years. Same goes for players they do not develop in a year.

I would only consider worthy sarks true recruit. Sometimes these guys get in and don’t buy in and if there’s no light at the end of the tunnel then send them on their way.

herman set this program back by poor recruiting and when he missed he just signed whoever. 

idk if sark will workout but he’s paying the price for drunken Herman’s mistakes 

29 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

It's not reasonable to expect every guy you recruit is going to be able to perform at the level you hope.

It's hard to know what dynamics are going on. It could be that the coaches didn't feel that the players were putting in enough effort to succeed,  could be they felt they were bad for team chemistry,  could be those players weren't happy... There is really no telling what went into the decision, but it was probably initiated by the coaches and there were likely good reasons. 

So farHerman has a  betterwining record than Sark. Hopefuiy that will change. I belive two of players who left were signed by Sark.

Who knows why they left but they did leave. Quess coachs are like QBS they never make mistakes

Call me when Sarkgets to a bowl game? Then he can  not match terrible coach Herman there.

As for good reasons waiting on fate of two DBS.

Not sure I get all the hand wringing. Saban lost players to the portal, Day lost the highest rated QB in the 2021 class to, wait for it....Texas. Players come and go. Sark and Texas are not for everyone. I'm sure there will be others that signed this year that don't work out and likely some from others places that find their fit here. My guess is the NIL and portal will continue to generate consistent ups and downs in player movement.

4 minutes ago, NEOkHorn said:

Not sure I get all the hand wringing. Saban lost players to the portal, Day lost the highest rated QB in the 2021 class to, wait for it....Texas. Players come and go. Sark and Texas are not for everyone. I'm sure there will be others that signed this year that don't work out and likely some from others places that find their fit here. My guess is the NIL and portal will continue to generate consistent ups and downs in player movement.

I am not wringing my hands. Just pointing out Sark let some of his on recruits go after one year.  JJust wondering why and will this effect recruiting..

Key board is messing up i type nothing then a few minutes words appear. At least it not freezing up.

7 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

I am not wringing my hands. Just pointing out Sark let some of his on recruits go after one year.  JJust wondering why and will this effect recruiting..

Key board is messing up i type nothing then a few minutes words appear. At least it not freezing up.

Wasn't referring to you Eastex. It is confusing why some of last year's guys left early to be sure. 

Just seems that more than a few were ready to jump off a ledge over Mathis. Might be that many thought he was a shoe in for Texas with Patterson here but there could be more than just an NIL package that led to him jumping to the cornfields.

Yeah some get too high on one player. In my life time I have only really wanted 3 players to go to Texas. Two were locals Joe D. Norwood, Billy Sims and Earl.

Now days if they do go how long will they stay. At least ill a betteroffer comes along.

41 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Yeah some get too high on one player. In my life time I have only really wanted 3 players to go to Texas. Two were locals Joe D. Norwood, Billy Sims and Earl.

Now days if they do go how long will they stay. At least ill a betteroffer comes along.

From what I've been hearing on some podcasts, NIL was not the reason Mathis passed on the Horns. Apparently the coaching staff wanted him to play in space as well as putting his hand in the dirt. He just wanted to pin his ears back and go after the qb. Nebraska was ok with that and it seems that was the deciding factor. 

48 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

So you from Texarkana? Or somewhere in NE Texas. Lot people know about Billy Sims but not Norwood.

17 minutes ago, Brad Usrey said:

So you from Texarkana? Or somewhere in NE Texas. Lot people know about Billy Sims but not Norwood.

Home town Clarksville, lived in Texarkana 17 years. Then country with DeKalb adress( maybe your home town) now a New Boston adress

Norwood not too well known outside Bowie county.Possibly besr dualQB I have seen in High School Harrget was close.

8 minutes ago, Eastexhorn said:

Home town Clarksville, lived in Texarkana 17 years. Then country with DeKalb adress( maybe your home town) now a New Boston adress

Norwood not too well known outside Bowie county.Possibly besr dualQB I have seen in High School Harrget was close.

From DK,went C'ville one year. Yeah Ed was something else. What was name of Rb that played at same time Norwood  did? Myers had good team.