Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News


Sirhornsalot
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

What positions can 5-6 players leave and not be missed?

Here's the position breakdown. Sorry, I can't figure how to make this single space instead of double space 😕

4  Quarterbacks

5  Running Backs

12 Wide Receivers

5  Tight Ends

7  Offensive Tackles

9  Offensive Guards

1  Center

10 Defensive Ends

9  Defensive Tackles

11 Linebackers

9  Cornerbacks

5  Safeties

1  Kicker

1  Deep Snapper

1  Punter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Quick update on recruiting numbers as I understand it. 

Currently have taken 33 players in the 2022 cycle putting us at the maximum limit. For every player we take now that is in the 2022 class, there has to be a player from the 2022 class that doesn't enroll until January 2023. 

We also stand at 90 players on scholarship and you have to be at 85 come August. That means that five players must be told to move on. Six, if we get Mathis. 

 

I believe these numbers. I was wondering how we could get to the 35 or 36 that Sark talked about.  I guess the answer involves telling a few incoming players that they have to do without a scholarship next year. Assuming they didn't know about this when they committed to Texas this seems messed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dssl said:

I believe these numbers. I was wondering how we could get to the 35 or 36 that Sark talked about.  I guess the answer involves telling a few incoming players that they have to do without a scholarship next year. Assuming they didn't know about this when they committed to Texas this seems messed up.

The way I'm reading it is that a player or two would not be able to enroll until January. I have seen the long snapper mentioned by name as a possibility and there is some speculation that the player has been told this. But that is not confirmed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, RickyFlair said:

We haven’t seen the last of our portal exits. I’m relatively sure during the post season evaluation some were told they needed to find a new home and others were told their spot wasn’t guaranteed. The numbers will get right and at the expense of current players not the new ones. 

It is an absolute certainty that at least 5 current players have been or will be told they need to find a new home. And it may be 6 or 7. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Here's the position breakdown. Sorry, I can't figure how to make this single space instead of double space 😕

4  Quarterbacks

5  Running Backs

12 Wide Receivers

5  Tight Ends

7  Offensive Tackles

9  Offensive Guards

1  Center

10 Defensive Ends

9  Defensive Tackles

11 Linebackers

9  Cornerbacks

5  Safeties

1  Kicker

1  Deep Snapper

1  Punter

I would doubt on us keeping all 4 QBs on scholarships. At least 1 cornbacker will be gone.  Doubtful on Warren,DL (yes he is on scholarship  still) being here after spring ball. Then you have both Hookfin and Liebrock as possible medical scholarships. That's 5. Plus those that we won't  know until after Saturday.  That could be another 1-5 that aren't freshmen.  This did help some of you? 

The sad thing, @eastexhorn, no feathers moved you aren't even close to the the idiots that i deal with that are BMDs for multiple collages,  but if Hookfin is done than just look at our 2019 class, 4OT and only 1 barely played, that's the issue. 4 OTs taken, only 1 barely played,  offered 13 OTs, 4 Guards, and 2 Centers. Comparing that to wrs and athletes taking 5.  How did Tyler  Johnson,  Willie Tyler,  J. Shepherd, and Hookfin compared to Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, Jake Smith, K. Lewis, and Marcus Washington play out.

4 OL to 5 wrs with maybe 1 wr for the win?😣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, david ficken said:

I would doubt on us keeping all 4 QBs on scholarships. At least 1 cornbacker will be gone.  Doubtful on Warren,DL (yes he is on scholarship  still) being here after spring ball. Then you have both Hookfin and Liebrock as possible medical scholarships. That's 5. Plus those that we won't  know until after Saturday.  That could be another 1-5 that aren't freshmen.  This did help some of you? 

The sad thing, @eastexhorn, no feathers moved you aren't even close to the the idiots that i deal with that are BMDs for multiple collages,  but if Hookfin is done than just look at our 2019 class, 4OT and only 1 barely played, that's the issue. 4 OTs taken, only 1 barely played,  offered 13 OTs, 4 Guards, and 2 Centers. Comparing that to wrs and athletes taking 5.  How did Tyler  Johnson,  Willie Tyler,  J. Shepherd, and Hookfin compared to Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, Jake Smith, K. Lewis, and Marcus Washington play out.

4 OL to 5 wrs with maybe 1 wr for the win?😣

"At least 1 cornbacker will be gone." Got no use for a Nebraska fan anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

The way I'm reading it is that a player or two would not be able to enroll until January. I have seen the long snapper mentioned by name as a possibility and there is some speculation that the player has been told this. But that is not confirmed. 

Maybe I'm missing something,  but it sounds like the plan is to take 36, if so and 33 is the limit of new scholarships for the fall , then 3 of the new players are going to be without a scholarship. 

If a player doesn't enrol until January then he doesn't count against 2022 limit, but also can't be part of the 2022 team, so not sure what the point would be.  Maybe they can somehow use some NIL magic to make it work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
58 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Guessing we've made contact since it was posted on the 247 board by a mod?

The snippet said Texas is one of several schools that reached out early, and USC is the frontrunner right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


Our Affiliation

USATDP_Logo.png

Quick Links

×
×
  • Create New...