Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

5 minutes ago, texbound said:

If the OL can at least be decent...that's all I ask, this offense can be lethal.  Doesn't have to be great, just don't suck and give the QB a little bit of time.  Bijan, ROJO, and KRob can now run wild. 

The OL is the big question.  Going to be a work in progress but should be better than last year 

Transfer portal offensive additions:

QB - Ewers (#1 Tran QB)

TE - Billingsley (#1 Tran TE)

WR - Neyor, Agiye Hall (#3, #6 Tran WR)

Really successful at the skill positions, no need to bring in a RB of course. I think we all would like to see an OL body brought in but that is at least mitigated in someway by incoming 5 stars.

1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

If this indeed happens, Kate should take a bow. 

Not sure deserves  Kate. Hope he doesn't  mark the beginning  of KU-Knuckehead University. Nobody wants be wrong ,but hope I am this time.

Quick update on recruiting numbers as I understand it. 

Currently have taken 33 players in the 2022 cycle putting us at the maximum limit. For every player we take now that is in the 2022 class, there has to be a player from the 2022 class that doesn't enroll until January 2023. 

We also stand at 90 players on scholarship and you have to be at 85 come August. That means that five players must be told to move on. Six, if we get Mathis. 

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Quick update on recruiting numbers as I understand it. 

Currently have taken 33 players in the 2022 cycle putting us at the maximum limit. For every player we take now that is in the 2022 class, there has to be a player from the 2022 class that doesn't enroll until January 2023. 

We also stand at 90 players on scholarship and you have to be at 85 come August. That means that five players must be told to move on. Six, if we get Mathis. 

Does the whole Covid thing, guys with an extra year of eligibility, factor in to the overall numbers somehow?  I always wondered how that was going to be resolved.

4 hours ago, BWilk55 said:

Transfer portal offensive additions:

QB - Ewers (#1 Tran QB)

TE - Billingsley (#1 Tran TE)

WR - Neyor, Agiye Hall (#3, #6 Tran WR)

Really successful at the skill positions, no need to bring in a RB of course. I think we all would like to see an OL body brought in but that is at least mitigated in someway by incoming 5 stars.

I'm getting fat on orange cheese.