Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2022 Texas Portal News

Sirhornsalot

• Administrators

Per IT, Alabama transfer LB Drew Sanders arrived in Austin last night and was shown around by his former high school teammate, Ja'Tavion Sanders.

It is their opinion that Arkansas doesn't make sense for him defensively, and Venables' staff at OU is completely new to him.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TFloss32 said:

Per IT, Alabama transfer LB Drew Sanders arrived in Austin last night and was shown around by his former high school teammate, Ja'Tavion Sanders.

It is their opinion that Arkansas doesn't make sense for him defensively, and Venables' staff at OU is completely new to him.

For what it's worth, Arkansas 247 doesn't like their chances for Sanders.

10 minutes ago, TFloss32 said:

A new development, according to IT, is Georgia transfer DB Latavious Brini entering the portal two days ago.

He would likely start at Texas and Sark is pursuing.

https://247sports.com/Player/Latavious-Brini-77247/

Don't know anything about him. Can you elaborate on why he would likely start at Texas?

Don't know a lot on Moody and Brini.  Is Brini a CB or S?  If it's a S then sign me up.  A transfer class of Ewers, Watts, Sanders and Billingsley sounds okay to me is it stays like that.  I wanted 1 OL with experience and another speedster at WR, but I like the upgrades so far.

1 minute ago, texbound said:

Don't know a lot on Moody and Brini.  Is Brini a CB or S?  If it's a S then sign me up.  A transfer class of Ewers, Watts, Sanders and Billingsley sounds okay to me is it stays like that.  I wanted 1 OL with experience and another speedster at WR, but I like the upgrades so far.

The OL with experience could still happen, but it won't break my heart if it doesn't.

We do need another WR with speed who can keep teams from doubling Worthy.

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

The OL with experience could still happen, but it won't break my heart if it doesn't.

We do need another WR with speed who can keep teams from doubling Worthy.

You don't think Brenen Thompson is fast enough?

Edited by UTfish

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Everyone give a pat on the back to @TFloss32 who is kicking serious arse with the portal and recruiting updates. REALLY appreciate you man!

tumblr_mkvnfgvf081rt89d7o1_500.gif&f=1&n

53 minutes ago, bctex1106 said:

Seconded. You're the man, TFloss.

31 minutes ago, Ntx dog said:

Without a doubt. Thank you TFloss.

No worries.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Don't know anything about him. Can you elaborate on why he would likely start at Texas?

That was just their opinion, but here's the breakdown:

Latavious Brini started 11 of National Champion Georgia's 15 games at STAR/nickel this past season. He was leap-frogged late in the year, but he's still a very solid, experienced player. How experienced? He was in the Jake Fromm / D'Andrew Swift 2017 Georgia class. Though one of the lowest rated players in that No 3 class, he stuck to the plan and rewarded himself with a lifetime of memories as a bona-fide starter on one of the best defenses we've seen in CFB this century.

He entered the transfer portal on Thursday as a graduate and UT is pursuing. IT isn't sure of UT's standing or who the competition is, but he's seen as a starter somewhere in UT's secondary. He had 8 PBU's this year at nickel. By comparison, Anthony Cook had only 3, but he had 20 more tackles. Different roles, imo. Either Brini could play nickel and Cook could move to safety, or vice versa. At 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, Brini has much more size than Cook.

Not certain about needing another back-up inside LB in Moody. But Brini is interesting. Would a BD backfield next year of Jamison and Barron at corners, Cook at Nickel (where he looked his best last year), with Watts and Brini both at safety that can actually cover players.  That will go a long way to fixing this defense. As compared to the last several years. Plus yiu can bring Jerrin Thompson, Kitan Crawford, J. Johnson, and Coffey in as back-ups.

We need tp figure out what we have at WRs and LBs 1st.

15 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Suchomel on OB says that a UT source expects Sanders to decide tonight.

Hoping to hear some good news today.  Come on Sanders and Billingsley, just pull the trigger and join the good guys....you know you want to and it makes the most sense for both of you.

According to Suchomel on OB, multiple sources have told him that Drew Sanders has gone completely silent. And that he is confident that means he has probably gone silent with all schools he is considering. Said it sounds like that he is communicating with his family and only his family. And that nobody in his circle is talking anyone outside that group. 

15 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

According to Suchomel on OB, multiple sources have told him that Drew Sanders has gone completely silent. And that he is confident that means he has probably gone silent with all schools he is considering. Said it sounds like that he is communicating with his family and only his family. And that nobody in his circle is talking anyone outside that group. 

200 (1).gif